The Student Room Group

K-Pop

Basically a thread dedicated to K-Pop!
For those who don't know what it is: K-Pop is Korean Pop :smile:

Does anyone listen to K-Pop here? Feel free to chat about K-Pop and make some new friends!

P.S. Please be nice to each other, respect opinions and no fanwars either :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

of course :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by bisolarsystem
of course :smile:

Hey! Which groups do you listen to? :smile:
BTS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and of course Exo and Bing Bang as well.
Reply 4
I've discovered this group called MAMAMOO :smile: They're amazing :smile: And Kpop ftw :P I get so much hate for liking kpop but meh ..
Reply 5
Original post by Axel Johann
BTS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and of course Exo and Bing Bang as well.

I love EXO too! :biggrin:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by AriaPark
I've discovered this group called MAMAMOO :smile: They're amazing :smile: And Kpop ftw :P I get so much hate for liking kpop but meh ..

OMG Mamamoo are amazing :smile: Don't worry about the haters, they're missing out on some good stuff ^_^
Reply 7
Original post by aegyojihan
OMG Mamamoo are amazing :smile: Don't worry about the haters, they're missing out on some good stuff ^_^

I know right! They are so different than most groups - they have such a presence on stage and all of the members are so down to earth haha :smile: I also love EXO :biggrin: Do you like the entire group (or even the company SM?) or do you like particular members only? :P
Reply 8
I know right! They are so different than most groups - they have such a presence on stage and all of the members are so down to earth haha :smile: I also love EXO :biggrin: Do you like the entire group (or even the company SM?) or do you like particular members only? :P

Yup! ^_^

I love all of EXO! I don't like SM as a company but I love all of their groups :smile:
Reply 9
Yup! ^_^

I love all of EXO! I don't like SM as a company but I love all of their groups :smile:

I am the same :smile: It all started with Super Junior and I kind of discovered more and more groups under the same label ! I really don't like the way SM treats their artists but yeah..

Can we talk about Taeyeon? I think she has such an amazing voice and she looks absolutely stunning! I loved her song "I" !!!
Reply 10
I am the same :smile: It all started with Super Junior and I kind of discovered more and more groups under the same label ! I really don't like the way SM treats their artists but yeah..

Can we talk about Taeyeon? I think she has such an amazing voice and she looks absolutely stunning! I loved her song "I" !!!

I started with SHINee :smile:

And yes! Taeyeon is Queen! I loved "I" as well :smile:
But the poor girl gets a lot of hate too :frown:
She has a great voice though ^_^
OMG!! A thread on k-pop, possibly the quickest thing that I have ever clicked on :biggrin:

I have been a fan for 3 yrs now. My first love was BIGBANG and then 2NE1 (actually...basically all of YG Ent.) now I am starting to like BTS , EXO AND SHINEE.
My biases are: (I have like two from each group because of bias list wreckers)
G-dragon- was my initial bias from BB, everyone's bias's bias/ Daesung - really started to loove him after Loser his story was soo touching!
Suga- He is so relatable. He is me and I am him / Jimin- Do I even need to explain why..
Xiumin- Was drawn to his looks first and then his personality made me fall in love/ Tao- Aww kung-fu panda.. I am going to cry now...
Onew- Onew's condition , hes soo funny and a cutie/ Key- ain't he just fabulous
Dara/Bom- Park sisters!!!, they are just soo adorable and down to earth. Miss Bommie...

How about yourself?? :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Yup

Reply 13
Original post by justastudent321
OMG!! A thread on k-pop, possibly the quickest thing that I have ever clocked on :biggrin:

I have been a fan for 3 yrs now. My first love was BIGBANG and then 2NE1 (actually...basically all of YG Ent.) now I am starting to like BTS , EXO AND SHINEE.
My biases are: (I have like two from each group because of bias list wreckers)
G-dragon- was my initial bias from BB, everyone's bias's bias/ Daesung - really started to loove him after Loser his story was soo touching!
Suga- He is so relatable. He is me and I am him / Jimin- Do I even need to explain why..
Xiumin- Was drawn to his looks first and then his personality made me fall in love/ Tao- Aww kung-fu panda.. I am going to cry now...
Onew- Onew's condition , hes soo funny and a cutie/ Key- ain't he just fabulous
Dara/Bom- Park sisters!!!, they are just soo adorable and down to earth. Miss Bommie...

How about yourself?? :smile:

Haha welcome! :smile:

I've been a fan since mid-2014. My first K-Pop group was BEAST and my first solo artist was HyunA (all Cube artists lol). Then I watched YouTuber's React to K-Pop on YouTube and I became a fan! My first favorite group (currently my bias group) was SHINee! Then I got into SNSD, f(x), EXO and pretty much all of SM's groups and artists! I also love 4minute, Seventeen, B.A.P, B1A4, U-KISS, VIXX, M.I.B and so on... XD

I have a really long list of biases so I'm gonna shorten it to my ultimate biases:
Taemin - He's so cute and adorable, plus he's an incredible dancer!
Amber - I love her tomboyish style, she's talented at basically everything and she's really down-to-the-earth and funny!

^_^
(edited 7 years ago)
Haha welcome! :smile:

I've been a fan since mid-2014. My first K-Pop group was BEAST and my first solo artist was HyunA (all Cube artists lol). Then I watched YouTuber's React to K-Pop on YouTube and I became a fan! My first favorite group (currently my bias group) was SHINee! Then I got into SNSD, f(x), EXO and pretty much all of SM's groups and artists! I also love BTS, 4minute, Seventeen, B.A.P, B1A4, U-KISS, VIXX, M.I.B and so on... XD

I have a really long list of biases so I'm gonna shorten it to my ultimate biases:
Taemin - He's so cute and adorable, plus he's an incredible dancer!
Amber - I love her tomboyish style, she's talented at basically everything and she's really down-to-the-earth and funny!

^_^

Wahh!! So cool, I am really starting to like SM groups these days they are really amazing, although the company itself isn't unfortunately. Taemin is such a cutie, I am literally listening to Danger right now hahah, and Amber!! is amazing and yeahh soo genuine.
Reply 15
Original post by justastudent321
Wahh!! So cool, I am really starting to like SM groups these days they are really amazing, although the company itself isn't unfortunately. Taemin is such a cutie, I am literally listening to Danger right now hahah, and Amber!! is amazing and yeahh soo genuine.

Yeah SM as a company is a thumbs-down.
Haha, I love Danger! Especially Taemin's dance break (the backup dancers are awesome too) :smile:

Oh, I just created a K-Pop society. If you would like, you are free to join :smile:
Hey! Which groups do you listen to? :smile:

I only started last summer but I mainly listen to BTS. They're my bias group :tongue:, followed by Got7, BigBang and EXO though i'm not as into EXO anymore, I still lie their music.

I don't really like girl groups though. But I still listen to some of their songs as well.

The rest are soloists/k-hiphop singers & rappers like Jay Park, DEAN, Zion T.

What about you? :smile:
Haha, I love Danger! Especially Taemin's dance break (the backup dancers are awesome too) :smile:

Oh, I just created a K-Pop society. If you would like, you are free to join :smile:

How do i join the society?

Yass!! I could watch Taemin dance all day. Oh wow, of course I will join! Thanks for asking :biggrin:
Reply 19
Original post by bisolarsystem
I only started last summer but I mainly listen to BTS. They're my bias group :tongue:, followed by Got7, BigBang and EXO though i'm not as into EXO anymore, I still lie their music.

I don't really like girl groups though. But I still listen to some of their songs as well.

The rest are soloists/k-hiphop singers & rappers like Jay Park, DEAN, Zion T.

What about you? :smile:

Ah I see :smile:

I'm into quite a lot of groups lol:
- SHINee
- EXO
- U-KISS
- B1A4
- B.A.P
- Seventeen
- TVXQ
- Super Junior
- Boyfriend