The Student Room Group

Help me, How do i tell the mormons to **** off?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by stefano865
Read this if you are brave and ready to be enlightened.

Spoiler

I know you was joking bro. I'm just disturbed and upset of what i witnessed hence my harsh reply.

Can you a imagine a church where boys and girls touch each other in service and you are left out feeling disgusted :confused:
Original post by Uyi 95
I know you was joking bro. I'm just disturbed and upset of what i witnessed hence my harsh reply.

Can you a imagine a church where boys and girls touch each other in service and you are left out feeling disgusted :confused:

I know bro. :smile:

I'm sorry you had to go through this.
Original post by Uyi 95
Unfortunately UCKG is not in my area. When i used to live in London i used to go there and surprisingly that was were i had a better understanding of God.

Same here, a great understanding of God and the importance of reading the Bible and seeing him.
Reply 23
Guys, i have been reading in depth about this cult.

I have read that this the whole back rubbing is to show off to the singles in order for the singles to get into a relationship with a mormon.

I've also read that Joseph Smith is an american prophet who discrinimated against black people!!!!!!!! the mormon church started accepting black people in 1978!!!

This is atrocious and upsetting. Anyone who is a mormon, you should be ashamed of yourself. GTFO.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 24
Original post by Uyi 95
Yep this is true and i fully agree with you.

I'm too calm, i don't know how to say no to people but i will have to tell them straight and say no. Despite they gave me a lift and it felt for the first time i belonged in the church, i can not agree with their crazy doctrine and start worshipping a man named 'Joseph Smith'.

There is nice and there is a deceitful kind of nice. You seem to be the first kind of nice and they, being deceived themselves, are the second kind.

If you are not strong enough to say no then go out early or just don't answer the door.

They will now be very very very persistent.
Reply 25
My mum's side of the family are Mormons. Do what she did and move to Saudi Arabia. srsly.
Original post by Uyi 95
Help me seriously :frown:. This has been the weirdest weekend in 21 years of my life!!!

It started yesterday when i left uni halls and two europeans approached me. I wanted to go somewhere quick but they made me miss my plan to go out. They were talking about God etc. As a Pentecostal Christian, i normally do like talking to evangelists who want to preach the word of God so i decided to stay.

I enjoyed the conversation until i realise there were mormons!!! At first i didn't want to go to their church but just for banter i decided to go.

OMFG it was the worst service i have attended in my life. As fellow christians we must not fall into this false doctrine. The service was a tragedy. All they do is they sing very strange hymns and 1 hour of people testifiying in what most of them kept saying 'this is the right church' and then they split for another two hours having strange meetings. I notice that couples would scratch their partner's back in service :eek:, I'm like wtf bruv? and these couples look like 16/17 year olds and i think some of them were married (not going to the lie, the girls in service were sex on legs :wink:)

But honestly, Christians we must not fall into this cult. It's false and they don't even read the bible. They believe the book of 'Mormon' is the truth... and now they want to pick me up from uni halls every sunday and im forced to have a meeting with them next saturday with the view of getting baptised next month with them.

I'm too socially inept to tell them to leave me alone. It is all my fault because i have no friends in this university so i felt like i belong but at the same time, i know i will go to hell if i follow this wrong doctrine. People help me, what should i do!!!

I don't think it is at all a bad idea to learn about different forms of Christian, as there is not one specific branch which should ever claim to be the absolute truth, and so visiting other branches could further your relationship with god, which is a daily struggle.

However, clearly some branches are full of lies and deceit (mormonism), and as a Christian, you should do your best to talk to these people and show them the truth.
Reply 27
Original post by JoeKo
My mum's side of the family are Mormons. Do what she did and move to Saudi Arabia. srsly.

LOL

Feel sorry for your mum though.
Reply 28
Original post by MaccaWare
I don't think it is at all a bad idea to learn about different forms of Christian, as there is not one specific branch which should ever claim to be the absolute truth, and so visiting other branches could further your relationship with god, which is a daily struggle.

However, clearly some branches are full of lies and deceit (mormonism), and as a Christian, you should do your best to talk to these people and show them the truth.

But it is about choosing that one branch where you have to grow in the holy spirit.

I didn't think mormonism was that bad but what i witnessed in terms of the service, the young teenage couples, the crying babies, i was upset and embarassed to see this type of christianity. It was depressing and It exposed me of my own weakness in my christian faith.

What was even bad is they badly want me to convert so that i could become a missionary spreading their false gospel in the future. It is sad and bizzare.
Reply 29
Original post by Uyi 95
Help me seriously :frown:. This has been the weirdest weekend in 21 years of my life!!!

It started yesterday when i left uni halls and two europeans approached me. I wanted to go somewhere quick but they made me miss my plan to go out. They were talking about God etc. As a Pentecostal Christian, i normally do like talking to evangelists who want to preach the word of God so i decided to stay.

I enjoyed the conversation until i realise there were mormons!!! At first i didn't want to go to their church but just for banter i decided to go.

OMFG it was the worst service i have attended in my life. As fellow christians we must not fall into this false doctrine. The service was a tragedy. All they do is they sing very strange hymns and 1 hour of people testifiying in what most of them kept saying 'this is the right church' and then they split for another two hours having strange meetings. I notice that couples would scratch their partner's back in service :eek:, I'm like wtf bruv? and these couples look like 16/17 year olds and i think some of them were married (not going to the lie, the girls in service were sex on legs :wink:)

But honestly, Christians we must not fall into this cult. It's false and they don't even read the bible. They believe the book of 'Mormon' is the truth... and now they want to pick me up from uni halls every sunday and im forced to have a meeting with them next saturday with the view of getting baptised next month with them.

I'm too socially inept to tell them to leave me alone. It is all my fault because i have no friends in this university so i felt like i belong but at the same time, i know i will go to hell if i follow this wrong doctrine. People help me, what should i do!!!

Calm down. This is not strange. There are all sorts of strange branches away from what Jesus taught. At university, you get the opportunity to go outside of the protected Pentecostal Christian environment you were brought up in, and actually listen to what people outside of it believe, and see how they live. I think at the heart of it, you just need to 'be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armour of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes.' Arm yourself with scripture. If you don't know what it says, you won't be able to spot incorrect doctrine. You'll just say 'but, I'm Pentecostal, so I have been taught something different,' or 'that's so weird.' Instead you should be able to say 'no, the truth is X', 'no, Jesus said X' etc.

Let's not just label them as a cult, that doesn't really help anybody. Do some reading behind what Mormons believe, and study the bible regularly, so that you know where they are wrong. At the end of the day, the Mormons don't preach the gospel, but an altered version of it 'revealed' to them by Joseph Smith. They're just deeply deceived at the end of the day. Keep studying the scriptures. They need prayer.

And finally, it's okay to say, 'no thank you.' You can just say 'I'm sorry, I don't want to come.'
Reply 30
Original post by Uyi 95
Guys, i have been reading in depth about this cult.

I have read that this the whole back rubbing is to show off to the singles in order for the singles to get into a relationship with a mormon.

I've also read that Joseph Smith is an american prophet who discrinimated against black people!!!!!!!! the mormon church started accepting black people in 1978!!!

This is atrocious and upsetting. Anyone who is a mormon, you should be ashamed of yourself. GTFO.

Like I said, it's an elaborate deception. It's not just an issue of Mormons being evil, or not being ashamed of themselves. They have been taught an incorrect gospel. God still exists. Jesus is still the son of God. He really did die and resurrect. The issue is that they have been presented a different Jesus, a different gospel. They're not the only group in this situation. Do the reading.
Best troll post ever!
Reply 32
I beg your pardon? you sad child.

I smell you're a mormon. This was a tragedy of christianity i witnessed and your calling me a troll.

GTFO
Original post by Uyi 95
I beg your pardon? you sad child.

I smell you're a mormon. This was a tragedy of christianity i witnessed and your calling me a troll.

GTFO

The only tragedy I'm witnessing here is your rudeness. If you really are a Christian you should be ashamed of yourself for speaking so rudely.

Otherwise 10/10
Reply 34
Please leave my thread. I'm being rude because you're being a prat and not taking this situation seriously.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Uyi 95
Please leave my thread. I'm being rude because you're being a prat and not taking this situation seriously.

I'm sure Jesus is so proud of how mean you're being right now :smile:

And people wonder why atheism is on the rise :rofl:
Reply 36
They won't leave me alone :cry2:. I don't know whats wrong with me, whether it is because for the first time i'm belonging to a church or whether my severe depression is not helping me function.

This looks like a 10 year battle to get rid of them or something :frown:
Reply 37
Original post by nverjvlev
It's not up to us to convert people, that's the Holy Spirit's job... All you can do is pray for the mormon church and not answer the door if it's mormons that you recognise.

Are you Elim or AoG?

So you're a mormon!!!!!

I go to a pentecostal church at home but not in uni.

This is a tragedy, so are you in a mormon relationship? I agree that yes this is the holy spirit to convert but The bible specifically said 'Worship one God not man'. You worship if not a confused God.

I would advice you to leave mormonism and be a 'proper christian'. Perhaps the good thing about you guys is that you are so friendly and make someone feel so loved. Unfortunately, this doctrine is wrong
Reply 38
Original post by nverjvlev
Oml no!!! I'm a pentecostal christian!! haha sorry if that was confusing... I meant people like you and me in regards to converting mormons!

Ohh sorry :redface:.

But yeah, it's a bad cult. If i tell my p arentswhat is happening, they will probably force me to go back home (I'm of african culture) or possibly think i have gone mentally ill
Original post by Uyi 95
They won't leave me alone :cry2:. I don't know whats wrong with me, whether it is because for the first time i'm belonging to a church or whether my severe depression is not helping me function.

This looks like a 10 year battle to get rid of them or something :frown:

Unfortunately people like you and me (the vulnerable and/or the mentally ill) are seen as an "easy target" for certain denominations :sadnod:

Be strong and be firm! :console:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending