The Student Room Group

AQA Chemistry Unit 5 (Electrode Potentials and Electrochemistry) help!

Hello!

As the title says, I need help with the Unit 5 of the Electrode Potentials and Electrochemistry...

Do any of you have tips or any advice on how to go about the Electrode Potentials and the Electrochemistry part of the Unit 5?

Thanks in advance guys! :h:
Hey, is there any part you are struggling on? If its the calculations for the emf - i would say just practice! Otherwise, you can learn the fuel cells and half cells conditions, and that answers like half the questions. If you want some good notes I reccommend this website: http://chemnotes.org.uk/ -- hope that helps!
Reply 2
EMF is quite easy to calculate, its Right-Left but the electrode potentials are the part I don't get when comparing two sets together in the paper (you know what I mean?)

But I appreciate the help! Will be going through this in 2 weeks hopefully! :biggrin:
Original post by User2334541
EMF is quite easy to calculate, its Right-Left but the electrode potentials are the part I don't get when comparing two sets together in the paper (you know what I mean?)

But I appreciate the help! Will be going through this in 2 weeks hopefully! :biggrin:

I'm not quite sure what you mean... do you have an example question?
Reply 4
I'll dig one up later on, right now need to try and get most of the content that is rusty for me, covered and all sorted before moving onto the final Units for Chem and hopefully, I will send you a message with the questions to see how you would answer it :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest