The Student Room Group

Mum bought me a ton of cookies, but I can't eat them all, what to do?

Mother came to visit and bought me a batch of like 14 cookies from a boutique shop but unbeknownst to her Im restricting my sugar intake. I dont really know what to do with them :s-smilie:

Im thinking of taking them to my seminar tomorrow at uni (of about 12 people ) and share them there but will this look weird? Randomly bringing in confectionery to share? :s-smilie:
That wouldn't look weird. People would want to be your friend!
Original post by tootles44
Mother came to visit and bought me a batch of like 14 cookies from a boutique shop but unbeknownst to her Im restricting my sugar intake. I dont really know what to do with them :s-smilie:

Im thinking of taking them to my seminar tomorrow at uni (of about 12 people ) and share them there but will this look weird? Randomly bringing in confectionery to share? :s-smilie:

I think that's a nice idea, my seminar tutor brought in biscuits for us on the last day of term before Christmas, I don't think it's weird but I guess it depends on how well you know them :smile:
They'd love you for it. Do that or give it to some homeless person.
Reply 4
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
That wouldn't look weird. People would want to be your friend!

Original post by Blondie987
I think that's a nice idea, my seminar tutor brought in biscuits for us on the last day of term before Christmas, I don't think it's weird but I guess it depends on how well you know them :smile:

Its like a discussion seminar so I know them sort of well, its not like we listen to a presentation and dont know each others names or anything

Do you think they might go stale by the morning?
Gimme some
Reply 6
Original post by timetoella
They'd love you for it. Do that or give it to some homeless person.

haha really? didn't realise cookies were so popular :')

also should i mention that they were bought for me and since i can't finish them by myself i thought id bring them in? or would that seem a bit like I'm pawning them off
Reply 7
Me pls.
Its like a discussion seminar so I know them sort of well, its not like we listen to a presentation and dont know each others names or anything

Do you think they might go stale by the morning?

I'd assume they would be fine if you kept them covered and didn't leave them out?
Reply 9
Original post by Blondie987
I'd assume they would be fine if you kept them covered and didn't leave them out?

yahh theyre in a box :smile:
yahh theyre in a box :smile:

Ok well as long as the air gets at them they should be fine, I doubt cash strapped students are going to complain anyway lol
Reply 11

If this is your only dilemma in life I'd say things were going pretty good for you:smile:.

Give them away or, cut the into quarters and put them in the freezer in a plastic bag. Every time you feel snackish have one.
haha really? didn't realise cookies were so popular :')

also should i mention that they were bought for me and since i can't finish them by myself i thought id bring them in? or would that seem a bit like I'm pawning them off

No just say anyone want a biscuit if they ask just say yeah my mums given me too many thought it's better to share than watch them sticks to my thighs :tongue:

I bring sweets to work and share with colleagues :tongue:
Reply 14
This thread uses cookies. By reading or replying to this thread you agree to the use of cookies - especially the double chocolate chip ones. :coma: :rofl:
You could post them to me, I'd eat 'em!
Create a sculpture of Jeremy Corbyn with the cookies and some glue.
Reply 17

Quick Reply

Latest