The Student Room Group

Swedish far-Right mob attacks migrants in central Stockholm in wake of social worker

The first violent reaction by far-Right groups to the murder of Alexandra Mezher by a Somali refugee has been linked to Swedish football gangsA mob of up to a hundred black-clad masked men went on a rampage in central Stockholm on Friday evening, singling out and beating up immigrants, and handing out leaflets threatening further violent attacks against unaccompanied refugee youths.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/sweden/12131460/swedish-far-right-migrant-attack-stockholm.html

Scroll to see replies

the story is obviously fake, there are no right wing people in sweden
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by CantGainWeight
the story is obviously fake, there are no right wing people in sweden

Troll? I mean, there's a video here when so many anti-refugee stories tend to lack videos.

Hate is never the answer to hate. Part of integrating muslims as part of our society is to stop segregating muslims and non-muslims, a point that so many far-right-wingers fail to consider.
*sigh* the word "far right" doesn't even mean right wing any more - it's just, sadly, another word for racist wich is weird because it implies that if you're left wing you can't be racist...and it generalises the right as the racist ones.
Original post by sleepysnooze
*sigh* the word "far right" doesn't even mean right wing any more - it's just, sadly, another word for racist wich is weird because it implies that if you're left wing you can't be racist...and it generalises the right as the racist ones.

BNP where racist but are more economically left-wing then Blair's, Milibands, Brown's and Kinnock's Labour
Original post by TheHelpfulMan
BNP where racist but are more economically left-wing then Blair's, Milibands, Brown's and Kinnock's Labour

that's true, but still, they were called "far right"
that's true, but still, they were called "far right"

Yes that's why they should refer to them as authoritarians or Fascists
Original post by Craig1998
Troll? I mean, there's a video here when so many anti-refugee stories tend to lack videos.

Hate is never the answer to hate. Part of integrating muslims as part of our society is to stop segregating muslims and non-muslims, a point that so many far-right-wingers fail to consider.

Not true, it was a false flag attack to make white people look bad. Also the media are colluding to slander white people for their racist agenda. If you disagree it means you obviously believe everything the media and the government tells you. Wake up sheeple!!
(edited 8 years ago)

Underrated post +1

Loads of left-wing people are either racist or have racist friends such as Jeremy Corbyn and his friends in Hezbollah/The IRA

People need to consider their use of language and be careful not to imply that being right wing is closer to being racist than being left wing.
Original post by KimKallstrom
Not true, it was a false flag attack to make white people look bad. Also the media are colluding to slander white people for their racist agenda. If you disagree it means you obviously believe everything the media and the government tells you. Wake up sheeple!!

My troll radar is broken atm, can you give me until the 30th of this month to get it fixed?
Reply 10
Original post by snickercell
The first violent reaction by far-Right groups to the murder of Alexandra Mezher by a Somali refugee has been linked to Swedish football gangsA mob of up to a hundred black-clad masked men went on a rampage in central Stockholm on Friday evening, singling out and beating up immigrants, and handing out leaflets threatening further violent attacks against unaccompanied refugee youths.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/sweden/12131460/swedish-far-right-migrant-attack-stockholm.html

As this leaked report suggests, Sweden is being wrecked. There are 20 what you might call 20 no-go areas in Stockholm alone. They're lawless areas with high numbers of immigrants who aren't assimilating and are forming criminal gangs. For a high trust, cohesive society that is a tragedy. They really need to start deporting these criminals and stop the flow of migrants from the Middle East and Africa who are overrepresented in prision by 6.6 and 10 times the national average respectively.

http://www.aftenposten.no/nyheter/uriks/Hemmelig-politirapport-Her-er-Sveriges-farligste-nabolag-8344340.html
Most swedish people are fine. Therefore we should ignore this, and pretend it never happened.
Interesting how the Swedish media is all over this story but the coverage of the murder of the social worker remained a side-issue.

Beating up innocent people is not going to solve their problems. Rather, they should maybe take up arms against their politicians who are clearly not listening.
Original post by Aceadria
Interesting how the Swedish media is all over this story but the coverage of the murder of the social worker remained a side-issue.

It's not that interesting. Tragically, people are murdered every day; it isn't every day you see a hundred people in masks go on a coordinated violent rampage.
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
It's not that interesting. Tragically, people are murdered every day; it isn't every day you see a hundred people in masks go on a coordinated violent rampage.

The quantity of the victims is irrelevant.
The quantity of the victims is irrelevant.

In terms of media coverage, it's highly relevant. Something that happens every day is not news, by definition.
In terms of media coverage, it's highly relevant. Something that happens every day is not news, by definition.

That was not the point. I was alluding to the idea of bias in the media; not what constitutes news. Try not to digress too much.
That was not the point. I was alluding to the idea of bias in the media; not what constitutes news. Try not to digress too much.

You can't expect the media to produce perfectly unbiased content if such content would tell the public a story that they've heard a hundred times before. It simply wouldn't sell. I don't think it's a digression to point out the obvious reason for the bias that you're complaining about.
You can't expect the media to produce perfectly unbiased content if such content would tell the public a story that they've heard a hundred times before. It simply wouldn't sell. I don't think it's a digression to point out the obvious reason for the bias that you're complaining about.

Why not? Based on your thinking, the story of a social worker being killed by a refugee would create a lot more shock and help drive higher sales in an environment that is increasingly unwelcoming towards refugees and migrants.

It's a digression because your initial argument was to point out what constituted news and not the bias of media companies, which was the point I was trying to make.
Reply 19

Which is interesting because of the number of people (especially older folks) who are very left wing in many respects but are absolute racists regardless. My own grandfather was an excellent case in point - all about the working man (as long as he didn't "have a touch of the old tar brush" (his words, not mine))

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending