The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Pimped Butterfly
btw @AR_95 http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3320819&page=327&p=59111627#post59111627

Funny how on the same page as all this @lucio.is.btchboy/Benteke stuff, I was telling you how Ox is a **** finisher (and a **** player) and you disagreed! LOL!

Was chatting out of my arse to suggest playing him at ST but point stands

"And yet how many of those are longshots or half chances. If he's playing in the midfield his shot conversion rate is obviously going to be skewed. Not that I'm saying his goal return last season is acceptable. The numbers aren't there yet but he's shown the ability.

Desperate if anything to start using stats whilst he was 17 too ffs."

Original post by difeo
I thought AR called Ox being **** years ago lolol

I said he was **** well before that post, around the start of 2015 where he had pretty much started most of our games up until then.
Original post by difeo

'play him second striker because he can finish well when given the opportunity to' etc
Original post by AR_95
Was chatting out of my arse to suggest playing him at ST but point stands

"And yet how many of those are longshots or half chances. If he's playing in the midfield his shot conversion rate is obviously going to be skewed. Not that I'm saying his goal return last season is acceptable. The numbers aren't there yet but he's shown the ability.

Desperate if anything to start using stats whilst he was 17 too ffs."

I said he was **** well before that post, around the start of 2015 where he had pretty much started most of our games up until then.

In the game of football, in general, there's one goal for every 9-10 shots. World class strikers usually play at a goal every 4-5 shots, 'good' strikers every 6-9 shots. All rough values.

I don't know how you can justify a guy who scores every 32 being a good finisher, half chances or long shots or not. The same half chances disclaimer applies to every other player in world football.

Ox as a striker!!!!! New Henry!!!!!!!

That's such a GOAT page

Thirst from Jam and Tom, banter from sr and mhsc, failed banter from FK
and on the previous page a 17 rep rek of FK from Basiji oh lawd
(edited 8 years ago)
'The man is pure garbage at Liverpool and will never fit at our club. Don't get me wrong, the guy clearly has quality - he's shown it this season with some lovely goals out of the blue.'

Why does anybody take Luke seriously

Classic SUG.
Take it out of context in a desperate attempt to make somebody look stupid.

What my post is saying (if you can stop sucking yourself off to notice) is that Benteke clearly doesn't fit here.
I said he's pure garbage AT LIVERPOOL, but has clearly shown glimpses of the general quality he possesses.

Go back to uni....if you can get in.
In the game of football, in general, there's one goal for every 9-10 shots. World class strikers usually play at a goal every 4-5 shots, 'good' strikers every 6-9 shots. All rough values.

I don't know how you can justify a guy who scores every 32 being a good finisher, half chances or long shots or not. The same half chances disclaimer applies to every other player in world football.

Ox as a striker!!!!! New Henry!!!!!!!

'play him second striker because he can finish well when given the opportunity to' etc

My guy is a beast, stop hating.
Original post by Lúcio
Classic SUG.
Take it out of context in a desperate attempt to make somebody look stupid.

What my post is saying (if you can stop sucking yourself off to notice) is that Benteke clearly doesn't fit here.
I said he's pure garbage AT LIVERPOOL, but has clearly shown glimpses of the general quality he possesses.

Go back to uni....if you can get in.

'People come to me for help with their research papers... and I come online and suddenly I'm a bitchboy?' Luke 2015

http://memesvault.com/wp-content/uploads/Black-Guy-Meme-Question-Marks-01.jpg
Original post by AR_95

My guy is a beast, stop hating.

That goal against Palace :eek:
Original post by difeo
That's such a GOAT page

Thirst from Jam and Tom, banter from sr and mhsc, failed banter from FK
and on the previous page a 17 rep rek of FK from Basiji oh lawd

Wasn't really a rek, I openly admit and relish the fact that I'm a prick!!!

Would insert internet moderator meme but will be banned!!!

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
'People come to me for help with their research papers... and I come online and suddenly I'm a bitchboy?' Luke 2015

btw @AR_95 http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3320819&page=327&p=59111627#post59111627

Funny how on the same page as all this @lucio.is.btchboy/Benteke stuff, I was telling you how Ox is a **** finisher (and a **** player) and you disagreed! LOL!

Über rek

This is also the time to note that Difeo said there's no way Liverpool were finishing above united in 13/14

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by KeyToSuccess
Über rek

This is also the time to note that Difeo said there's no way Liverpool were finishing above united in 13/14

Posted from TSR Mobile

"That would pretty much make Moyes the worst manager ever"
Original post by difeo
"That would pretty much make Moyes the worst manager ever"

That was also an incorrect statement though, as Liverpool went into GOAT mode

DyeGN

http://memesvault.com/wp-content/uploads/Black-Guy-Meme-Question-Marks-01.jpg

I can only assume you could think of a relevant response.

Strong.
Original post by KeyToSuccess
That was also an incorrect statement though, as Liverpool went into GOAT mode

DyeGN

I was joining in with the loling at my prediction u moron

Dyetntecl
Original post by difeo
I was joining in with the loling at my prediction u moron

Dyetntecl

I didn't realise as Moyes wasn't far off was he!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Benteke's failures aren't even down to the system right now; it's just a lack of confidence, pure and simple. At the start of the season he was winning 10 aerials a game and I barely see him win 2 now, even though we're more direct under Klopp. He's timid and nervous on every touch, rarely attacks the ball and really hasn't got a clue what to do in front of goal. It's a drought, **** happens, and we should just let it pass.

If Benteke had put away his easy chances, then we wouldn't be hearing anything about the system.

While I agree his sitters is what is really affecting him my point still makes sense. Play to a players strengths and they play better.

My response was more to how Luke was categorically saying Benteke>Giroud without taking into account the big picture.
Benteke's failures aren't even down to the system right now; it's just a lack of confidence, pure and simple. At the start of the season he was winning 10 aerials a game and I barely see him win 2 now, even though we're more direct under Klopp. He's timid and nervous on every touch, rarely attacks the ball and really hasn't got a clue what to do in front of goal. It's a drought, **** happens, and we should just let it pass.

If Benteke had put away his easy chances, then we wouldn't be hearing anything about the system.

Well I disagree - it's two fold
1) his confidence is shot so he's not scoring
2) he makes everyone else around him look/play worse

Even if Benteke was scoring 1 in 2, I think there would still be some grumbling if we weren't willing games because other players aren't able to get involved enough to also influence games.

We're well past it just being a phase or a drought - it's been a season long problem and even playing easier opposition in cups hasn't helped.

Can you see Benteke getting substantial minutes till the end of the season if Sturridge, Firmino and Origi are fit?
Original post by difeo

Mirin post 6322 on that Arsenal thread

Posted from TSR Mobile
I wonder how far off the likes of Stewart and Chirivella are from starting in the PL. It'd be good to see them more than purely against Augsburg, to be honest.

Effectively, our league games are dead rubbers. They could be big positives of the season if they continue to grow.

Latest