The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

St Andrews Art History applicants

Hey. Anyone applying for Art History in St Andrews. Think I am applying for it single or joint with Psychology. It would be good to hear what everyone has gotten so far and there predicted grades etc.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by okayokay101
Hey. Anyone applying for Art History in St Andrews. Think I am applying for it single or joint with Psychology. It would be good to hear what everyone has gotten so far and there predicted grades etc.

Hey there, I submitted my application for a postgraduate degree. I guess you are undergraduate?
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Reply 2
Original post by Museum
Hey there, I submitted my application for a postgraduate degree. I guess you are undergraduate?

Yes I am an Undergrad no one seems to be doing art history from lack of replies ..
Reply 3
Yes I am an Undergrad no one seems to be doing art history from lack of replies ..

Yes, I have the same feeling. I guess we should have a good chance to get into the departement then. Have you got an offer yet? I will receive my answer within the next 4 to 6 weeks ( at least that is written on the PG website).
Reply 4
Original post by Museum
Yes, I have the same feeling. I guess we should have a good chance to get into the departement then. Have you got an offer yet? I will receive my answer within the next 4 to 6 weeks ( at least that is written on the PG website).

No i haven't I am hoping for a reply soon. Ill probably not get in but I hope I do :smile: they started giving offers to all undergrads mid January and they generally get back to all by march/April time. I sent off my UCAS November time. All my overs were back within days now just waiting for st andrews lol.
Reply 5
No i haven't I am hoping for a reply soon. Ill probably not get in but I hope I do :smile: they started giving offers to all undergrads mid January and they generally get back to all by march/April time. I sent off my UCAS November time. All my overs were back within days now just waiting for st andrews lol.

Would St Andrews be your first choice? Good luck to you!
Reply 6
Original post by Museum
Would St Andrews be your first choice? Good luck to you!

I am not sure yet, possibly if i get an offer :smile: but i probably won't. I am deciding between Queens belfast, Glasgow uni and stirling
Reply 7
I am not sure yet, possibly if i get an offer :smile: but i probably won't. I am deciding between Queens belfast, Glasgow uni and stirling

Well I personally don't like Glasgow but the art history courses seem to be quiet nice, especially the christie's one.
I already have an unconditional offer for a taught provenience research course in Germany as my Profesor wants me to stay. But I prefer St Andrews and I should have a fair chance as I meet all entrance requirements.

Received an offer for Art History and Comprative Literature last week
Reply 9
Original post by Voyageurperdu
Received an offer for Art History and Comprative Literature last week

Congrats! I am in as well! Received my conditional two weeks ago and accepted. Will you choose St A or another uni?
Original post by Museum
Congrats! I am in as well! Received my conditional two weeks ago and accepted. Will you choose St A or another uni?

I'm still waiting for Edinbrugh, but I'm going through hard times thinking about whether St Andrews would be the best choice...
Reply 11
I didn't get in :frown: they said my application was very strong. fml. feel like I just feel short of getting accepted.
Reply 12
I'm sorry to hear! Have you got other options? Three years ago I was rejected to study Art History in my undergrads in St A as well.
Original post by Museum
I'm sorry to hear! Have you got other options? Three years ago I was rejected to study Art History in my undergrads in St A as well.

Sorry to ask, but where did you decide to go then?
Reply 14
Original post by Museum

Yea I have other offers but I don't really want to go to any of them, maybe ill take a gap year and get better experience so my personal statement will be stellar.
Are you doing a masters there?
Reply 15
Original post by Voyageurperdu
Sorry to ask, but where did you decide to go then?

I did my first degree in Germany.
Reply 16
Yea I have other offers but I don't really want to go to any of them, maybe ill take a gap year and get better experience so my personal statement will be stellar.
Are you doing a masters there?

Yes, I'll do a master degree. A gap year is a great idea, I worked one year in Edinburgh as an au pair (I am German).
I didn't get in :frown: they said my application was very strong. fml. feel like I just feel short of getting accepted.

Hi just picked up this thread. If you don't mind me asking, what were your grades? And what did you firm in the end? I am wondering whether it's worth applying to St A especially as a Scottish student as they let so few in. Thanks :smile:
Reply 18
I got accepted for the joint degree HoA and Philosophy at St Andrews which is such a perfect combination in my opinion. But I firmed warwick in the end because St. Andrews is just too remote geographically.
Legit I'm predicted AAB, applied to Bristol, Leeds, Reading, Courtauld, and St Andrew's for History of Art. Not been accepted for any of them, still waiting on Courtauld and St Andrew's. Pray for me, please! Of course, I'm joking, there's always extra and clearing. But the damage to my pride will be forever lost :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending