The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zimz
Difference is, I see good-looking women with poor, ogre-looking men than I see good-looking men with ogre-looking women. My opinion *shrug*

Its not that I don't agree with your original point, I do think that generally girls tend to be less shallow than guys.

But your point that girls are interested in money the way guys are interested in looks just contradicts it. Which I think is just as shallow.
Reply 21
Original post by Jd_uk
Well it would be good to hear more female opinions. It's easy for guys to say 'women like it' or 'women don't care'.

And on which page did I tell you I'm male? 😐
Reply 22
Original post by dean01234
Its not that I don't agree with your original point, I do think that generally girls tend to be less shallow than guys.

But your point that girls are interested in money the way guys are interested in looks just contradicts it. Which I think is just as shallow.

I didn't say they're more or just as shallow as men. I said they value money more than looks, if anything.
Reply 23
Original post by Zimz
And on which page did I tell you I'm male? 😐

Ah ok, sorry didnt realise..usually people seem to have the gender symbol next to their name.

Still there must be only 2-3 responses from females on this thread responding to the original questions
Reply 24
bald + turtleneck = win
It wouldn't be my preference but if I liked someone it wouldn't be a deal breaker.
It does really age a guy though.
Original post by Jd_uk
No need to be sorry..everyone has a preference. Would you advise guys who are going bald to try and do what it takes to keep their hair? Spray, pills etc?

No.

You've lost your hair. Accept it and move on. Shave what's left of it off, grow some stubble, lift weights and go for the hard as nails look.
Reply 27
Original post by keturah
It wouldn't be my preference but if I liked someone it wouldn't be a deal breaker.
It does really age a guy though.

What if a guy shaved it short? Would it stop yoi going out with him in the first place like the guy who i quoted said happened to him?
Reply 28
Original post by Wilfred Little
No.

You've lost your hair. Accept it and move on. Shave what's left of it off, grow some stubble, lift weights and go for the hard as nails look.

I've not lost my hair. But there are guys who take pills to keep theirs. It's what a lot of male celebrities do but as balding is caused by testosterone/DHT then blocking those hormones can have side effects.
Original post by Jd_uk
What if a guy shaved it short? Would it stop yoi going out with him in the first place like the guy who i quoted said happened to him?

No, as long as I found him attractive. If he had a lovely face then a shaved head isn't going to stop him still being good looking.
It entirely depends on the person. Some people with bald heads can be sexy. Some people with long hair can be sexy. Some people with short hair can be sexy. It's certainly not something that I would find off-putting.
Reply 31
Not sure i would like a bald boyfriend. Maybe...would have to see it on him.
Reply 32
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
It entirely depends on the person. Some people with bald heads can be sexy. Some people with long hair can be sexy. Some people with short hair can be sexy. It's certainly not something that I would find off-putting.

Maybe the guy i quoted who said he couldn't get dates any longer now he'd lost his hair just didn't suit it. Still, pretty sad that something natural could have such an effect on someones dating life.
Reply 33
Bump for female opinions
Reply 34
I was very vain about my hair in my teens and early 20s. Hairline started changing in my early 20s, now a fairly clear receding hairline. Would I be more attractive with a full head of hair? Probably, but what can you do? Stressing about it isn't going to do anything, and I'm just not interested in drugs to treat it.

At the end of the day it's hair loss, not cancer.
Reply 35
Original post by offhegoes
I was very vain about my hair in my teens and early 20s. Hairline started changing in my early 20s, now a fairly clear receding hairline. Would I be more attractive with a full head of hair? Probably, but what can you do? Stressing about it isn't going to do anything, and I'm just not interested in drugs to treat it.

At the end of the day it's hair loss, not cancer.

That's true. That guys take on how it affected him just alarmed me a bit. And the females are suspiciously quiet on the subject ha
I shaved my head about last year, some friends said it suited me. But I never wanna go bald again.
Reply 37
I personally am more attracted to men with the shorter buzz cut type hairs. So little hair on a man doesn't faze me too much and wouldn't stop me dating them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Kill all baldies. :ahee:
Reply 39
Original post by Longshot700
I shaved my head about last year, some friends said it suited me. But I never wanna go bald again.

Why? Because of reactions/change in attention from girls?

Latest