The Student Room Group

Keele A100 Applicants 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sara0928
I put my current job as a nursing assistant and ChildLine counsellor in 2011. How about yourself? I hope these are sufficient enough. Hope so! :smile:

I think more than what you did it's important what you took from it and how you relate it to the NHS constitution.
Reply 801
Oh thank you for the reply. I have very similar stats. I only really have one long term work experience and one other one I did years ago :s-smilie: do you have several wk exp? Once again congrats and thank you!!!

Your nursing assistant job should be totally fine as long as you've done it for a while. I volunteered at a geriatrics ward and i've done some mentoring and was president of society at uni.
I put my current job as a nursing assistant and ChildLine counsellor in 2011. How about yourself? I hope these are sufficient enough. Hope so! :smile:

That's great :smile: I've done a nursing home for two years and I was a rainbow leader for two years and various volunteering at doctors surgerys and two hospitals, one of which was over a year then I put my circumstances for not getting into medicine first time which was the death of my father. They also check postcodes at Keele to see who comes from deprived areas as well, and I grew up on a council estate in a rough area
Reply 803
So I just called and apparently my application is in the 'hold' bracket. Meaning that it's borderline, TORTURE
Which number do you call
Reply 805
Original post by WALMO
So I just called and apparently my application is in the 'hold' bracket. Meaning that it's borderline, TORTURE

Mine too! :'( Good luck!
Reply 806
Original post by a209150
Which number do you call

01782 733632 / 734644 / 733642 / 734651
Reply 807
Original post by S_M16
Mine too! :'( Good luck!

You too! Let me know when you hear anything.
I just called and the lady said they have reviewed my application but haven't made a decision because they havent set a threshold. They might get back tk me next week.. so that means mines on the borderline too?
Original post by a209150
I just called and the lady said they have reviewed my application but haven't made a decision because they havent set a threshold. They might get back tk me next week.. so that means mines on the borderline too?

Maybe but hey at least it isn't a no! Good luck :smile: I'm waiting for a call back from the lady now!!
I'm on hold too omg :frown:
They told me that my application is currently with the director and under review
Scary stuff!! 😨😨😨
Btw thanks and good luck to you too its my last life remaining!!!
Original post by vikingkermit
I think more than what you did it's important what you took from it and how you relate it to the NHS constitution.

Very true! I tried my best so it's just an agonising waiting game now!
Original post by vka94
Your nursing assistant job should be totally fine as long as you've done it for a while. I volunteered at a geriatrics ward and i've done some mentoring and was president of society at uni.

Thank you! I really hope so. President of soc sounds awesome. They love leadership qualities! Good luck :smile:
Original post by Charlottemc1234
That's great :smile: I've done a nursing home for two years and I was a rainbow leader for two years and various volunteering at doctors surgerys and two hospitals, one of which was over a year then I put my circumstances for not getting into medicine first time which was the death of my father. They also check postcodes at Keele to see who comes from deprived areas as well, and I grew up on a council estate in a rough area

Oh wow you have great work experiences! I really think you'll get an interview with those :smile:
I'm so sorry about your father, I know exactly how it feels. Lost my mum 3 weeks ago and I'm in so much pain. My uncle passed away 3 years go on mums birthday (2days before my exams) and mum got Ill straight after his funeral so I messed up year 2 of my degree but incredibly Ive pulled through. At the time of my application mum was only Ill so I didn't say much about it but now she's gone :frown:
Oh I didn't know about the postcode. I lived in a rough area too but I gave my current adress which is really lovely! I hope they work it out from my school information!
Massive good luck to you.
Oh wow you have great work experiences! I really think you'll get an interview with those :smile:
I'm so sorry about your father, I know exactly how it feels. Lost my mum 3 weeks ago and I'm in so much pain. My uncle passed away 3 years go on mums birthday (2days before my exams) and mum got Ill straight after his funeral so I messed up year 2 of my degree but incredibly Ive pulled through. At the time of my application mum was only Ill so I didn't say much about it but now she's gone :frown:
Oh I didn't know about the postcode. I lived in a rough area too but I gave my current adress which is really lovely! I hope they work it out from my school information!
Massive good luck to you.

Yeah they use the address you grew up in whilst completing A-Levels if I remember correctly, you too I'm sorry to hear about your mum it really is horrible, I lost my uncle around a month ago so it's taking its toll. My thoughts are with you! I hope you get an interview :smile:
I think I may have an interview!!
I rang them up this afternoon and the lady on the phone said that my R&R form has been assessed and that I should hear back in the next couple of days. But without me promoting she also told me that interviews for pre-med are on the 18th which I'm hoping is a good sign! (I've changed my application to pre-med).
(edited 8 years ago)
Guys some advice please.

I don't know whether to pull out from the Keele interview?

I have a grad interview for Liverpool in two weeks. Waiting to hear from Sheffield post interview and i have received one offer from Manchester. I know if I get Liverpool Il probs go there if not Manchester.

I have accepted the interview but shall I email them and pull out?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by vikingkermit
I think I may have an interview!!
I rang them up this afternoon and the lady on the phone said that my R&R form has been assessed and that I should hear back in the next couple of days. But without me promoting she also told me that interviews for pre-med are on the 18th which I'm hoping is a good sign! (I've changed my application to pre-med).

how did you manage to qualify for pre med and the standard medicine course?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending