The Student Room Group

Slut shaming

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Straighthate
womens asses/tits are far more... how would i say, 'precious' to them than men?
it really doesnt matter if a man has his shirt off, hes not showing anything explicit

if a woman grabbed a mans chest, he would never moan or feel sexually assaulted
the same does not apply to a woman

therefore she is effectively putting on display her most private areas of her body for attention
thats why there is slut shaming

It's only sexual assault because we've sexualised breasts. Like if our society accepted them as, like, udders or whatever, it'd be a violation of someone's space to suddenly grab their tit, but it wouldn't be sexual assault.
Reply 21
Original post by booksandcats
I don't get why female singers/performers/whatever/etc are constantly slut shamed if they wear something short for example and if a guy is shirtless then he's praised for it and they don't get for it????

#I know this is random but i me and friend were talking about it the other day.#
double standards exist and it's pretty shitty.

I don't think slut shaming even exists, it's just a term made up by modern feminists to further control society. People are allowed to have likes and dislikes and people are allowed to have their own opinions, there is nothing in this world that is going to stop people taking offence to others views. Sure people can say things to deliberately cause offence to others and this is definitely their right but just because they attempt to cause offence does not mean the other person cannot choose to control how they react.
Original post by Mancini
I don't think slut shaming even exists, it's just a term made up by modern feminists to further control society. People are allowed to have likes and dislikes and people are allowed to have their own opinions, there is nothing in this world that is going to stop people taking offence to others views. Sure people can say things to deliberately cause offence to others and this is definitely their right but just because they attempt to cause offence does not mean the other person cannot choose to control how they react.

You can have your own opinions without going out of your way to shame people.
Reply 23
Original post by loveleest
You can have your own opinions without going out of your way to shame people.

Who says an individual hasn't got the right to shame a person ? This is that persons prerogative and they have that right. The person being shamed has a choice on how they react. Depending on what the shamer is saying of course there are ways to combat it, I don't agree with censoring people though. A lot of people want to create a very boring secular society where everyone is a robot, not for me.
Original post by Mancini
Who says an individual hasn't got the right to shame a person ? This is that persons prerogative and they have that right. The person being shamed has a choice on how they react. Depending on what the shamer is saying of course there are ways to combat it, I don't agree with censoring people though. A lot of people want to create a very boring secular society where everyone is a robot, not for me.

Because it is genuinely a disgusting/horrible thing to do? How are you going to shame a women that SHE decides to do with her own body that hasn't got anything that concerns with you? Yes they do have a choice on how they react that slut shaming is just stupid to me. If you want to shame a women for their sexuality then you should do the same for men as well. - I mean, what is the difference anyway?
Original post by abruiseonthesky
It's only sexual assault because we've sexualised breasts. Like if our society accepted them as, like, udders or whatever, it'd be a violation of someone's space to suddenly grab their tit, but it wouldn't be sexual assault.

im pretty sure most women would be horrified on a sexual level if an ugly freak groped their breasts/ass

i dont think social conditioning has caused these areas to become 'sexualised'
Reply 26
Because it is genuinely a disgusting/horrible thing to do? How are you going to shame a women that SHE decides to do with her own body that hasn't got anything that concerns with you? Yes they do have a choice on how they react that slut shaming is just stupid to me. If you want to shame a women for their sexuality then you should do the same for men as well. - I mean, what is the difference anyway?

The woman could have something to do with me , she could be living in my community and be a bad influence. As I said before slut shaming does not exist in my view. If a woman wishes to be a slut go ahead and be a slut , people should just remember every act has a consequence do not live in denial whether you are male or female thinking you can dress anyway you want and no one will have a negative opinion of you and if you can't put up with negative opinions you might aswell not dress so differently.

Men and women are not judged the same get over it.

Difference is women have babies so there is a reason a community may call into question her behaviour, a reason a men may call into question her style of dress because a men must know his women is a good woman for obvious reasons. Not that I have ever felt the need to do such things myself as a men but you get the idea.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by abruiseonthesky

I am biologically predisposed to be sexually attracted to breasts.
If I saw a lot of topless female strangers walking through the street on a sunny day, I'd get more desensitized to it, but I'd still be attracted to them.

I don't think it's a bad idea to let girls go topless, and I see that by covering them up all the time, you essentially make them more sexual/ forbidden/ private than they really are, but I just wanted to mention that I doubt they would ever be seen as udders... lol
Original post by Mancini
The woman could have something to do with me , she could be living in my community and be a bad influence. As I said before slut shaming does not exist in my view. If a woman wishes to be a slut go ahead and be a slut , people should just remember every act has a consequence do not live in denial whether you are male or female thinking you can dress anyway you want and no one will have a negative opinion of you and if you can't put up with negative opinions you might aswell not dress so differently.

Men and women are not judged the same get over it.

Difference is women have babies so there is a reason a community may call into question her behaviour, a reason a men may call into question her style of dress because a men must know his women is a good woman for obvious reasons. Not that I have ever felt the need to do such things myself as a men but you get the idea.

1) Why should we get over it? Why is it okay for a male to be promiscuous and not for a female? Or are you saying that a women is devalued as soon as she decides to sleep with whom she wants to?
2) Are you joking? - So because a women has babies she can't explore her sexuality?
In all fairness if I saw a man walking around topless/ half naked I would probably think he's a bit easy aswell. Why wouldn't you? It's basically a big sign saying 'LOOK AT ME!!!!'
Reply 30
1) Why should we get over it? Why is it okay for a male to be promiscuous and not for a female? Or are you saying that a women is devalued as soon as she decides to sleep with whom she wants to?
2) Are you joking? - So because a women has babies she can't explore her sexuality?

A woman chooses to devalue herself as soon as she starts sleeping around a lot and it's plainly obvious to those around her. I know very well many women sleep around but it's those who are so blatant that get caught out , I would be under no illusion that any future partner of mine is some virgin beauty so it's no big deal. It doesn't mean I would want a slut for a partner though.

You should get over it because you are making a big deal out of nothing, I don't see you making a thread about how women get more lenient sentences when it comes to crimes and men get higher something that is very serious and shows definite inequality and discrimination instead you want to yell about something quite trivial.

It's expected of modern feminists though, especially here in the west always yelling about trivial matters like this non existant slut shaming, so called rape culture which doesn't exist again in the west. Shirtgate were a very nice male scientist was brought to tears for wearing a shirt with nude cartoon females. Trivial matters seem to be big on the hitlist of today's feminists. At best this just shows the activity of a bored group of people from society with nothing better to do.

A woman can definitely explore her sexuality but a woman just like a man also has a responsibility and also has to deal with consequences of life. If a woman chooses to sleep around within her community then she should expect that she will be judged by that community, no man wants to be with a woman who could possibly have him having raising another men's child. A slut is also not a good example for any young vulnerable girl growing up.

I don't think anyone ever says that it's ok for a men to be promiscuous I'm not sure where you are getting your information from. Feel free to send me a link to where you get this information , I didn't know it was widely accepted that men can be promiscuous. One thing I would say though what's funny is a lot of women when it comes to sleeping with men all usually choose the same promiscuous men , so that says something about female psychology.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Mancini
A woman chooses to devalue herself as soon as she starts sleeping around a lot and it's plainly obvious to those around her. I know very well many women sleep around but it's those who are so blatant that get caught out , I would be under no illusion that any future partner of mine is some virgin beauty so it's no big deal. It doesn't mean I would want a slut for a partner though.

You should get over it because you are making a big deal out of nothing, I don't see you making a thread about how women get more lenient sentences when it comes to crimes and men get higher something that is very serious and shows definite inequality and discrimination instead you want to yell about something quite trivial.

It's expected of modern feminists though, especially here in the west always yelling about trivial matters like this non existant slut shaming, so called rape culture which doesn't exist again in the west. Shirtgate were a very nice male scientist was brought to tears for wearing a shirt with nude cartoon females. Trivial matters seem to be big on the hitlist of today's feminists. At best this just shows the activity of a bored group of people from society with nothing better to do.

A woman can definitely explore her sexuality but a woman just like a man also has a responsibility and also has to deal with consequences of life. If a woman chooses to sleep around within her community then she should expect that she will be judged by that community, no man wants to be with a woman who could possibly have him having raising another men's child. A slut is also not a good example for any young vulnerable girl growing up.

I don't think anyone ever says that it's ok for a men to be promiscuous I'm not sure where you are getting your information from. Feel free to send me a link to where you get this information , I didn't know it was widely accepted that men can be promiscuous. One thing I would say though what's funny is a lot of women when it comes to sleeping with men all usually choose the same promiscuous men , so that says something about female psychology.

1) No she does not.
2) That is completely fine! as long as you don't force your opinions on others and shame other women who do choose to sleep around.
3) It is a big deal. For years and years women have made themselves feel as if they were something less because of the clothes they wear or the amount of sex they have had/are having. Women should not have her values taken away from her/shamed for having something that is so natural like sex
4) Because I haven't made a thread...I agree with it right? ... Makes so much sense. We are taking about sexuality right now, stay on topic.
5) LOL judged for acting on her natural instincts and having sex when she wants to?
6) A lot of men get praised for having lots of sexual encounters with women. - It is something that lots of people already know. Do you think men are shamed for having sex? NO.
Correct me if I'm wrong but men are considered easy from the get go :laugh:
Original post by Cremated_Spatula
Correct me if I'm wrong but men are considered easy from the get go :laugh:

Only sexists think that; I know however that some men reserve their virginity for marriage
Reply 34
1) No she does not.
2) That is completely fine! as long as you don't force your opinions on others and shame other women who do choose to sleep around.
3) It is a big deal. For years and years women have made themselves feel as if they were something less because of the clothes they wear or the amount of sex they have had/are having. Women should not have her values taken away from her/shamed for having something that is so natural like sex
4) Because I haven't made a thread...I agree with it right? ... Makes so much sense. We are taking about sexuality right now, stay on topic.
5) LOL judged for acting on her natural instincts and having sex when she wants to?
6) A lot of men get praised for having lots of sexual encounters with women. - It is something that lots of people already know. Do you think men are shamed for having sex? NO.

Lol it's really not a big deal behave like a slut if you wish to it really doesn't bother me just don't complain when you get judged. Everyone gets judged in life, it's not something you can escape nor something that will stop because a bunch of feminists keep yelling about it. Also don't be surprised if no men wants you when you behave like a slut.
I swear "slut shaming" as a concept is a girls vs girls issue seeing as it's, in the vast majority of cases, about girls calling other girls slutty - I very rarely ever hear men talking about revealing clothing on girls as if it's a "bad" thing
Reply 36
Original post by Foo.mp3
'Double standards' is not an applicable term here as men and women, and male and female sexuality, are simply, patently, not the same :rolleyes:

"No girl has to work to get laid"
Skky John

Keep preaching Skky John brilliant true line.
Original post by booksandcats
I don't get why female singers/performers/whatever/etc are constantly slut shamed if they wear something short for example and if a guy is shirtless then he's praised for it and they don't get for it????

#I know this is random but i me and friend were talking about it the other day.#
double standards exist and it's pretty shitty.

As a guy, I would enjoy seeing female singers etc shirtless :wink:. Most of the slut shamers are probably bitter girls who can't get any D and are quick to label women more attractive than them as sluts.
Reply 38
Original post by sleepysnooze
I swear "slut shaming" as a concept is a girls vs girls issue seeing as it's, in the vast majority of cases, about girls calling other girls slutty - I very rarely ever hear men talking about revealing clothing on girls as if it's a "bad" thing

Damn right lol a men's not gonna call a woman a slut, he will just sleep with her if he is that low and move on. It's actually females who attack each other with these names and continue contributing to the beauty industry which attacks and manipulates them , it's really not much of a male issue. Men have sex with sluts they just don't marry them nor praise them.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Mancini
Lol it's really not a big deal behave like a slut if you wish to it really doesn't bother me just don't complain when you get judged. Everyone gets judged in life, it's not something you can escape nor something that will stop because a bunch of feminists keep yelling about it. Also don't be surprised if no men wants you when you behave like a slut.

LOL you don't even know me personally though :/.
There are some guys that are not sexist ***** like you and don't judge/define a women on how many men she has slept with. Take kim k for example. She is a "slut" that is married to a husband that is in love with her.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending