The Student Room Group

Physiotherapy applicants 2016/2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 09IMaguire
I have only heard back from two of my five universities and I applied late November - anyone applied at a similar time to me and heard back from Nottingham, Northumbria or Birmingham? Panicking slightly

I'm waiting to hear from Northumbria. Don't worry.
Original post by 09IMaguire
I have only heard back from two of my five universities and I applied late November - anyone applied at a similar time to me and heard back from Nottingham, Northumbria or Birmingham? Panicking slightly

I'm still waiting to here back from Birmingham and Nottingham and i applied around about the same time as you:smile:))
Has anyone had an interview at Plymouth? How did you find it? So nervous
Original post by Jane1296
Woo hoo! Offer from Coventry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry to brag but if at first you don't succeed try again next year - it is true!

Congratulations!!! and hey, I say you have every right to brag, it's hard taking time out and giving it another go! Happy for you :smile:
Original post by alexio97
Has anyone had an interview at Plymouth? How did you find it? So nervous

I had a Plymouth interview last month. The best advice I can give is to really get a good understanding of the NHS values for the written task. I think I did quite well in that part and that gave me a little boost of confidence for the rest of the day! Good luck with it! :smile:
Reply 1185
Original post by ksharples
Have any of you had any accommodation information sent through yet?!

No I haven't but I won't be staying on campus as I live local :smile:. I'm a mature student with three children 😱 Do they allocate accommodation once you confirm grades ? Also had invites for offer holder days so you may get more information on one of those ? Not sure if I need to go as been three times and already firmed X
Reply 1186
Original post by laurrrawrr28
I haven't had an interview yet, i haven't heard anything back yet:frown: how was your interview?

A lot of the people in my class who applied for nursing (different subject) at Keele just before Christmas have only just had a message that they have received their application , so I'm sure you should be hearing something soon as they intend to offer places up till the end of March for physio xx
Has anybody had an interview at huddersfield uni or Robert gordon uni for physiotherapy? I am due to have mine in two weeks and im so nervous, never been through the process before! , any tips? also does anybody know what huddersfield or robert gordon is like as a uni? thanks :smile:
Original post by T0m89
Hi folks,
Bit of a strange question, but has anyone experienced one of their universities change their course? I had chosen physiotherapy but they have changed it to sports rehabilitation??? I did originally choose physio' and I do have a screen shot showing this... Cheers!

This happened to me with one of my choices, I applied for physio at MMU but they offered me sport science instead.
Reply 1189
Still waiting on Bournemouth and Southampton, anyone heard from these?
Original post by Rory_M_
I applied to birmingham for physio, and they rejected me by sending a direct email but in the email they said we would like to consider you for sport and exercise science. Not sure if thats the same for you?

Same thing has just happened to me. Kinda sucks because Birmingham was my dream uni and has been for a while now.
Original post by BStew
Still waiting on Bournemouth and Southampton, anyone heard from these?

Hey :smile: I'm still waiting on Bournemouth I had an email with acknowledgement and a "my hub" log in about a month ago but no word from them!! I'm still waiting on Bournemouth and Oxford Brookes at present out of my 5.
(edited 8 years ago)
Good luck to anyone joining me Monday at Cardiff (the 15th) for the interview and everyone interviewing the rest of the week! look forward to meeting you all.... wont be hard to spot me I'll be the one quivering in my boots probably haha.
Reply 1193
Original post by Jane1296
Woo hoo! Offer from Coventry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry to brag but if at first you don't succeed try again next year - it is true!

Well done!!!! I have one too!!! Is it your firm/insurance choice!xxxx
Reply 1194
Original post by moonandstars
Hey :smile: I'm still waiting on Bournemouth I had an email with acknowledgement and a "my hub" log in about a month ago but no word from them!! I'm still waiting on Bournemouth and Oxford Brookes at present out of my 5.

Atleast I'm not sat here waiting on my own! Where else did you apply? Good luck with them!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BStew
Atleast I'm not sat here waiting on my own! Where else did you apply? Good luck with them!!
Posted from TSR Mobile

Its so frustrating isn't it!! the wait is painful :frown: I've also applied to Cardiff (Interview) Brunel (Interview) UWE (rejection)! How about you? Ideally I would like to get into Cardiff as I am a "mature" student in the eyes of the universities (don't feel very mature only 23 haha) and already hold one degree so I've done uni already and would rather stay at home this time. However Bournemouth sounded great and I like that its such a small cohort! Thank you and best of luck with your application - I hope we hear soon!
Reply 1196
Original post by moonandstars
Its so frustrating isn't it!! the wait is painful :frown: I've also applied to Cardiff (Interview) Brunel (Interview) UWE (rejection)! How about you? Ideally I would like to get into Cardiff as I am a "mature" student in the eyes of the universities (don't feel very mature only 23 haha) and already hold one degree so I've done uni already and would rather stay at home this time. However Bournemouth sounded great and I like that its such a small cohort! Thank you and best of luck with your application - I hope we hear soon!

I've had 3 rejections so far!! (Birmingham, Coventry and Leicester) So feeling pretty rubbish, more pressure on Bournemouth and Southampton. Basically the same thing as me! Although the 3 that have rejected me were close to home so I'll be moving away at 25 to start this degree!! Scary thought that freshers will be 7 years younger 😂!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BStew
I've had 3 rejections so far!! (Birmingham, Coventry and Leicester) So feeling pretty rubbish, more pressure on Bournemouth and Southampton. Basically the same thing as me! Although the 3 that have rejected me were close to home so I'll be moving away at 25 to start this degree!! Scary thought that freshers will be 7 years younger 😂!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aw no I'm sorry to hear that - did they give you any good feedback? Got my fingers and toes crossed for you I'm sure you'll get an interview! Its so frustrating isn't it to not be given a chance of interview - at least if you're rejected after interview you know theres nothing more you could have done that's what bugged me with UWE . Try not to get too disheartened by it we will get there!
Ah we are so similar! Maybe if we both get into Bournemouth we can be the 2 old freshers haha :colondollar:
Original post by BStew

I'll be 34 when i go to to university
Original post by BStew

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm pretty much the same age as you (I'll be starting when I'm 26). My 'home' uni rejected me without interview. One of my choices rejected me after interview (I was a nervous wreck that day tbh). One offered me an interview but since I have to live at home I realised it was just too far to commute (4 hours each way) so declined it.

So I have two options and both interviewed me. I got an offer from 1, waiting to hear from the other.

One is all you need. I'm just studying like crazy now and working to meet the conditions of my offer. Physio is competitive - don't let the rejections make you think you aren't a strong candidate. We were all told at my last interview not to be disheartened if we were rejected because the competition is strong and that even getting to interview is an achievement. The applicant/offer ratio for physio is pretty stark - if you look on "which uni" you'll see the competition we're up against.

You've still got two choices - you're not ruled out yet. The only difference between you and I is the timing of when we got/get our offers.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending