The Student Room Group

Southampton BM6 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by samim_s
I just received a rejection, had predicted grades of AAAB ???? 😣😣😣

At Southampton?
Original post by Alisahhh1998
Physics but I've got maths at a B as a subsitute

As long as within the BBC you have bio and chem they don't care what the other subject is. So as long as the D isn't bio or chem you are fine.

Original post by samim_s
I just received a rejection, had predicted grades of AAAB ???? 😣😣😣

They're not interested in your grades as long as you have BBC so doesn't matter if you have BBC or A*A*A*A* you're all considered the same. It was all about your PS as long as you met the requirements. Seems very early for a rejection unless you didn't meet a requirement somewhere.
Original post by Neostigmine
As long as within the BBC you have bio and chem they don't care what the other subject is. So as long as the D isn't bio or chem you are fine.

They're not interested in your grades as long as you have BBC so doesn't matter if you have BBC or A*A*A*A* you're all considered the same. It was all about your PS as long as you met the requirements. Seems very early for a rejection unless you didn't meet a requirement somewhere.

I was a 100% sure i meet every requirements, i actually met like 4 of the contextual criteria etc i gues ill call them up
Original post by samim_s
I was a 100% sure i meet every requirements, i actually met like 4 of the contextual criteria etc i gues ill call them up

Not everyone who meets the criteria gets interviewed
It depends on personal statement scores too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
No interview. No rejecttion for me. Really worried
Original post by samim_s

They cannot comment on individual cases so there isn't a whole lot of point :no: It must have been that your PS score wasn't high enough then.

It is disappointing but there are 500 people applying for 30 spots :sadnod:.

If you do decide to phone, and this goes for everyone, please be nice to the admissions team :yes:. They're very nice people doing a stressful and high pressure job and are not trying to upset you in what they say. Someone was laughing at what they had said to admissions to me the other day and it was not pleasant :no:.
Original post by lisboonpop
No interview. No rejecttion for me. Really worried

It could be that you're wait listed for an interview but it could also be that they haven't gotten round to sending out all the rejections yet :sadnod:.

Until you hear either way there is no way of knowing :no:.
Just received a rejection as well. 😞
Original post by samim_s

Yes, looks like they're sending out rejections today too so it will have been your PS :sadnod:. Sorry.

Original post by Foundationmed
Just received a rejection as well. 😞

Sorry :frown:

For those who canot see any other way but medicine, don't give up. There is always a way in.
Original post by Neostigmine
Yes, looks like they're sending out rejections today too so it will have been your PS :sadnod:. Sorry.

Sorry :frown:

For those who canot see any other way but medicine, don't give up. There is always a way in.

Hm i guess, or provably my ukcat seeing as kings college london didnt seem to mind my personal statement lol 😂😢
Original post by samim_s
Hm i guess, or provably my ukcat seeing as kings college london didnt seem to mind my personal statement lol 😂😢

They do not use UKCAT. Interviews are based ENTIRELY on personal statement if you meet the minimum. It was your PS :sadnod:. Kings look for different things.
Since I didn't get an interview and it's based on my PS can people tell me what kind of topics they included in their PS so that I can improve mine for next year
Original post by Yahya1997
Since I didn't get an interview and it's based on my PS can people tell me what kind of topics they included in their PS so that I can improve mine for next year

It isn't "topics" as such. Look in the prospectus (it's on the website) and look at the non academic criteria. That's what they mark you on.

Did you get rejected or are you still waiting?
Still waiting

My PS was not the general PS you normally read, it was very very personal.
And I reflected it in a way that medicine is definitely the subject I wasn't to study.
I linked my introduction and conclusion together. My conclusion reminded them why I want to study medicine which was put in my introduction, but a very quick summary.
I think they are also looking for something different as well, have you done a research project at school, have you been in organising events, do you dance? Make it unique I guess and really personal.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bloom77
My PS was not the general PS you normally read, it was very very personal.
And I reflected it in a way that medicine is definitely the subject I wasn't to study.
I linked my introduction and conclusion together. My conclusion reminded them why I want to study medicine which was put in my introduction, but a very quick summary.
I think they are also looking for something different as well, have you done a research project at school, have you been in organising events, do you dance? Make it unique I guess and really personal.

Posted from TSR Mobile

the one thing i was supposed to put and i didnt, i did put something about an article on cancer and events ive organised. thanks for your reply, ill use this feedback for next year
Reply 817
Is anyone else waiting to hear?
It seems some people have phoned and been told all interviews have been sent out and others been told that they haven't?

Have many people got interviews for the 7th or is it mostly the 3rd?
Am i just waiting for a rejection or is there still some hope?
Original post by sim.c
Is anyone else waiting to hear?
It seems some people have phoned and been told all interviews have been sent out and others been told that they haven't?

Have many people got interviews for the 7th or is it mostly the 3rd?
Am i just waiting for a rejection or is there still some hope?

Havent come across anyone with an interview on the 7th
Reply 819
one person in an earlier post said their friend had an interview on the 7th

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending