The Student Room Group

Only women should be slut shamed?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by SeanFM
Not worth arguing - agree to disagree and either start a new conversation or.. just leave it.

That's easy for some people to say! Slut shaming mirrors the misogynistic opressive society where women are expected to be sexy and pure at the same time! If there are no conversations about stuff like this then nothing changes, and more little girls grow up in this world thinking that they are restricted by their gender. We should aim to live in an equal society, and to do that we must not continue practices like slut shaming!
Reply 21
Original post by Mancini
Slut shaming doesn't exist.

yeah sure.. just like racism, homophobia, misogyny don't exist.... GOD your so insightful and aware of society these days!! :redface:
Original post by ygy
That's easy for some people to say! Slut shaming mirrors the misogynistic opressive society where women are expected to be sexy and pure at the same time! If there are no conversations about stuff like this then nothing changes, and more little girls grow up in this world thinking that they are restricted by their gender. We should aim to live in an equal society, and to do that we must not continue practices like slut shaming!

Maybe so, but in the OP it says 'I have been arguing for ages' so it doesn't seem like anything that is getting anywhere (to the point where it's causing frustration), and in this case I think its best to leave it and move on.
Reply 23
Original post by greatguy149
They are not different things. Its just the way society is. Another double-standard that exists and doesn't make sense.

Those 2 guys are morons that have the stupid attitude 'duh duh a key that opens all the locks is a master key and a lock that is opened by all the keys is a terrible lock duh'. Even though we not talking about keys and locks we are talking about penises and vaginas. :rolleyes:

10/10 response.
Reply 24
Original post by SeanFM
Maybe so, but in the OP it says 'I have been arguing for ages' so it doesn't seem like anything that is getting anywhere (to the point where it's causing frustration), and in this case I think its best to leave it and move on.

I want other people's responses
I think that is what TSR is for :P
Original post by loveleest
10/10 response.

As always. :biggrin:
Reply 26
Original post by ygy
yeah sure.. just like racism, homophobia, misogyny don't exist.... GOD your so insightful and aware of society these days!! :redface:

Racism , homophobia , misogyny and misandry certainly exist. Slut shaming is just a phrase made up by feminists. Another silly subject to go into what they term feminist theory or women's studies.

I noticed you never cared to mentioned misandry perhaps the plight of men is not important to you, so I added it myself and yeah I don't follow silly phrases like slut shaming.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 27
Original post by greatguy149
As always. :biggrin:

LOOOL wouldn't go as far as saying that:tongue:
Original post by xobeauty
Only brown people would say something so stupid like that.

No double standard here. Everyone's a whore. And can I say people who over the age of 25+ should not be slut shamed grown people can do grown up things.

Why are you insulting me?

What have I done to you?
Reply 29
Original post by stefano865
I agree. It is ridiculous.

There is still an expectation in society for women to be well behaved and 'ladylike'.

Men can be lads, vomit everywhere, shag anything that moves. 'That's just what men do'.

If a woman does this her value as a person is seen to decrease.

What nonsense Stefan! What rock have you been living under or maybe the right answer is how old are you?

You have never heard of ladette culture ? Where women behave exactly as you say they couldn't throughout the 90s and beyond probably even before the 90s but ladette culture was prominent in the 90s during the rise of girl power as they called it. Yet you are here babbling on with this nonsense and pathetic people with short memories are repping you lol.

Deluded people who don't even know about the topics they are discussing, this thread is just another opportunity for silly feminist supporters to bash men.

Please dig deeper into your brain or do a bit more research before writing nonsense, perhaps you are naughties era child but your ignorance is still that ignorance! Bloody TVs programs have been made on the subject of ladette culture about the change in female behaviour yet here you write gibberish claiming society forces women to behave a certain way.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 30
Original post by Mancini
Racism , homophobia , misogyny and misandry certainly exist. Slut shaming is just a phrase made up by feminists. Another silly subject to go into what they term feminist theory or women's studies.

I noticed you never cared to mentioned misandry perhaps the plight of men is not important to you, so I added it myself and yeah I don't follow silly phrases like slut shaming.

1. Slut shaming is NOT made up. It is a real issue that many young liberal women face today. Both myself and my friends have been called sluts by men AND women for doing exactly the same things that men do (whilst being praised for it) So therefore, your pursuit to ignore the 'silly phrase' slut shaming is ignorant and must reflect your attempts to ignore it.

2. My forgetting to mention misandry is not from my lack of caring- i am very concerned with universal equality and understand that it is an universal issue. I was simply picking out key ones that are standing at the forefront of today's society. I hate to awaken you to this, but look at the statistics, women face higher levels of discrimination (in the UK) than men do. Thats NOT me denying misandry though.
Reply 31
Original post by ygy
1. Slut shaming is NOT made up. It is a real issue that many young liberal women face today. Both myself and my friends have been called sluts by men AND women for doing exactly the same things that men do (whilst being praised for it) So therefore, your pursuit to ignore the 'silly phrase' slut shaming is ignorant and must reflect your attempts to ignore it.

2. My forgetting to mention misandry is not from my lack of caring- i am very concerned with universal equality and understand that it is an universal issue. I was simply picking out key ones that are standing at the forefront of today's society. I hate to awaken you to this, but look at the statistics, women face higher levels of discrimination (in the UK) than men do. Thats NOT me denying misandry though.

A real issue in the make believe world of feministland.

You are clearly lying in number two, if you cared you would have mentioned the word but like a true feminazi men don't matter to you, hence you denied them a seat at the victim table because men can never be oppressed victims because men have penises.

Lol male discrimination is not key in your life , so why bother mentioning it you say, what a sexist attitude.
(edited 8 years ago)
I have been told, apparently women should be shamed for decided to do with whatever she pleases with her body, despite the fact that she is participating in sex and is over 18+

-Seriously, what is the difference between a women having sex and a male having sex with different people? Why is it looked so differently?

I have been arguing with these two guys for ages and they are trying to convince me they are both different things

-Sigh.

I view it all as the same.
Reply 33
I have been told, apparently women should be shamed for decided to do with whatever she pleases with her body, despite the fact that she is participating in sex and is over 18+

-Seriously, what is the difference between a women having sex and a male having sex with different people? Why is it looked so differently?

I have been arguing with these two guys for ages and they are trying to convince me they are both different things

-Sigh.

Would you care to answer what the term you used in the earlier thread meant?
I believe you used the words Internelised misogyny ?

Is it just a made up? Or is there a real meaning behind it?
Reply 34
Original post by Mancini
What nonsense Stefan! What rock have you been living under or maybe the right answer is how old are you?

You have never heard of ladette culture ? Where women behave exactly as you say they couldn't throughout the 90s and beyond probably even before the 90s but ladette culture was prominent in the 90s during the rise of girl power as they called it. Yet you are here babbling on with this nonsense and pathetic people with short memories are repping you lol.

Deluded people who don't even know about the topics they are discussing, this thread is just another opportunity for silly feminist supporters to bash men.

Please dig deeper into your brain or do a bit more research before writing nonsense, perhaps you are naughties era child but your ignorance is still that ignorance! Bloody TVs programs have been made on the subject of ladette culture about the change in female behaviour yet here you write gibberish claiming society forces women to behave a certain way.

Firstly, I am concerned that you think attempting to get rid of slut shaming 'bashes men'!? So sorry, does not being able to exert your power over women through calling them sluts bash your ego:frown:? Moreover, you can talk about all your 'research' and 'books' but at the end of the day she/he speaks sense! Slut shaming is something i have seen/heard in real life not just in books or 'bloody TV programs' Your the ignorant and deluded one here! Just because you've watches TV or done your research does not make you an expert:unimpressed::unimpressed:
Reply 35
Original post by Mancini
Would you care to answer what the term you used in the earlier thread meant?
I believe you used the words Internelised misogyny ?

Is it just a made up? Or is there a real meaning behind it?

It's a real word yes, google it up.
It is when people have the beliefs and stereotypes about women in our sexist society.
Reply 36
Original post by ygy
Firstly, I am concerned that you think attempting to get rid of slut shaming 'bashes men'!? So sorry, does not being able to exert your power over women through calling them sluts bash your ego:frown:? Moreover, you can talk about all your 'research' and 'books' but at the end of the day she/he speaks sense! Slut shaming is something i have seen/heard in real life not just in books or 'bloody TV programs' Your the ignorant and deluded one here! Just because you've watches TV or done your research does not make you an expert:unimpressed::unimpressed:

Slut shaming doesn't exist it's a silly phrase. Lool I've never ever called a woman a slut but thanks for the silly accusation. You can't get rid of something that doesn't exist so feel free to get rid of it.

Slut shaming only exists in feminist pseudo intellectual theory it's not a real thing lol.

No idea why you keep mentioning tv programs you just want to throw anything you can stick at me even if I haven't mentioned it lol the delusion.
Reply 37
Original post by Mancini
A real issue in the make believe world of feministland.

You are clearly lying in number two if you cared you would have mentioned the word but like a true feminazi men don't matter to ya hence you denied them a seat at the victim table because men can never be oppressed victims because men have penises.

Lol male discrimination is not key in your life , so why bother mentioning it you say, what a sexist attitude.

Yes you are TOTALLY right! I also forgot to mention snobbery because I don't care about poor people!! Stop craddling your ego and wake up to the fact women are supressed more that men in our society! You are just as bad as people in America who claim 'reverse racism' against white people. Moreover, your bashing of feminism (a movement uplifting women) shows how much you must hate/think you are better that women. Yes, there are extremists or 'femininazis', but there always are in equality movements. Wake up and stop picking the bits of feminism that hurt your ego. Its about equality and bringing women up, not pushing men down. Go watch some Emma Watson and tend to your poor, bruised ego.
Reply 38
It's a real word yes, google it up.
It is when people have the beliefs and stereotypes about women in our sexist society.

Are you basically saying the word or term you used 'internalised misogyny' basically means belief and sterotype ? If so why not just use the words belief and stereotype ? Instead of some pseudo term with no meaning.

Who says it's a sexist society?

-Sigh.

And what is their argument? Surely you can shoot it down?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending