The Student Room Group

History

How would i structure a 10 mark, 6 mark, 8 mark, 4 mark,12 mark and a 16 mark question in history
Original post by NeedsHelpalot
How would i structure a 10 mark, 6 mark, 8 mark, 4 mark,12 mark and a 16 mark question in history

What exam board? :smile:

Is this for OCR?
For for AQA pm me
Original post by Gingerbread101
What exam board? :smile:

sorry this is late but its aqa
sorry this is late but its aqa

Di you have the AQA black and red modern world history textbook at all?
4 mark:
4 individual points, or 2 points with brief development or an extra detail.

6 mark:
2 detailed points and explanations, or 3 brief explanation with a certain degree of detail. Seperate in paragraphs.

10 mark:
Intro (answer the question), 2 detailed explanations for the proposed explanation, 2 against, conclusion with final justification

12 mark:
Analysis for the statement using the source + source context evaluation for both sides and then conclude.

16 mark:
Evaluate all sources and add own knowledge while answering questions. I just go crazy on this **** and scribble down everything I know lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by yepthatsme
4 mark:

6 mark:
2 detailed points and explanations, or 3 brief explanation with a certain degree of detail. Seperate in paragraphs.

10 mark:
Intro (answer the question), 2 detailed explanations for the proposed explanation, 2 against, conclusion with final justification

12 mark:
Analysis for the statement using the source + source context evaluation for both sides and then conclude.

16 mark:
Evaluate all sources and add own knowledge while answering questions. I just go crazy on this **** and scribble down everything I know lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Could these structures be applied to the ocr history questions?
4 mark:

6 mark:

10 mark:

12 mark:

16 mark:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks i found this helpful and as an example question how would i answer how hitler established a dictatorship? Oh and also would i need to do anything else other than cramming knowledge and answering questions to revise well for history?
Original post by shohaib712
Could these structures be applied to the ocr history questions?

Yep!! These structures are actually for the OCR exam. I do OCR History and this is the best structures to use according to my (amazing) teacher and the mark scheme :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yep!! These structures are actually for the OCR exam. I do OCR History and this is the best structures to use according to my (amazing) teacher and the mark scheme :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

thank you so much for the reply!!!
Oh and how are you finding the controlled assessent? I'm finding it really diffiult. Could you suggest the things that i should include to get an a* please?
Original post by shohaib712
thank you so much for the reply!!!
Oh and how are you finding the controlled assessent? I'm finding it really diffiult. Could you suggest the things that i should include to get an a* please?

Strong point, evidence explain paragraphs. Use plenty of sources to back up what you're saying, quote the sources and evaluate how reliable and useful they are (eg. If it it a picture it shows hard evidence from the time)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Strong point, evidence explain paragraphs. Use plenty of sources to back up what you're saying, quote the sources and evaluate how reliable and useful they are (eg. If it it a picture it shows hard evidence from the time)

Posted from TSR Mobile

My teache said that im using quotes effectively however i need to evaluate sources properly, make a better conclussion and write effectively.

Cou you give me a method to evaluating soucres. (and do i have to evaluate all sources?)

OH and did I need to us a range of sources? because i have used only articles,

Quick Reply

Latest