The Student Room Group

What's the dumbest, most outrageous, most absurd thing your lab partner has done?

My lab partner and I were collecting some data, and I went to plot it on the computer. I told my lab partner to start the second part of the experiment while I was at it, and due to a fault in the computer it was taking longer than usual. When I finally got back to him, he had collected absolutely no data. He might as well have just been sitting there the whole time.
Containing my anger, I started working with him on the experiment. I took the experimental data with him, and this time, he decided he'd do something responsible and plot the data. I updated my record book, when I wondered what was taking him so long. Turns out he was putting the data into a command line. Not saving it as a file, just putting all the different data points into one command line, taking up about 50 lines of code, and hitting run. If it went wrong, he would simply do it again.
It was a long project we were working on, and we eventually had to come back to it and draw up our data later. I was saying to the staff that we hadn't yet finished the data plot, but then, surprise surprise, he comes in and says he got the plot the night before, and he didn't tell me a thing! Anyway, that was that, the stuff was handed in, and it turned out the data wasn't plotted correctly. Hence, he had single handedly destroyed the project. What a genius.

Tell us your unbelievable lab partner story!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
i was in science once and this guy had a full blown afro and forgot to turn of the bunsen burner once and he leant over it to get something from behind and set his fro on fire
Smacking my ass as I bent down to pick up an automated pipette. I got him back!

But I think the number one most annoying and dumbest thing a lab partner has Done is not bother writing down data and then we have to make up some stupid numbers or when you expect them to just read the protocol and they can't even get that I right and end up missing important parts out
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by shawtyb
i was in science once and this guy had a full blown afro and forgot to turn of the bunsen burner once and he leant over it to get something from behind and set his fro on fire

What happened ???
My boyfriend is my lab partner atm. Let's just say that isn't the best of ideas at times :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by queen-bee
What happened ???

he flailed around alot and sort of patted it out. his fro was alot smaller after
The most stupid thing my lab partner has ever done was choose me as a lab partner.
Decide to test the effectiveness of the chloroform by holding it to their nose.
Somehow my lab partner once managed to create a little fireball with one of the bunsen burners. My teacher then started shouting at us about how we 'almost burnt down the science labs' :rolleyes:
I'm the stupid lab partner so I can't judge.
Reply 10
My lab partner likes to contaminate the equipment after I've sterilized it :colonhash:
If I am honest, I would probably be that annoying lab partner, seeing that I single handedly managed to>>

*Almost have my teacher give me a C for my chemistry ISA experiment after making TWO failed attempts.
*Break a 1.5m high test tube full of oil, sending oil all over the lab.
*Set the entire table on fire by breaking my bunsen burner.
(edited 8 years ago)
Drink hydrochloric acid.
Getting into a borderline abusive relationship with my best friend.
I remember at my first year at Uni when I was doing Earth Science I was partnered with this girl and neither of us had any idea what the heck we were doing so we just spent the session laughing at each other struggling trying to get through it lol
Original post by ||TheUnknown||
If I am honest, I would probably be that annoying lab partner, seeing that I single handedly managed to>>

*Almost had my teacher give me a C for my chemistry ISA experiment after making TWO failed attempts.
*Break a 1.5m high test tube full of oil, sending oil all over the lab.
*Set the entire table on fire by breaking my bunsen burner.

bruh your chem teacher must hate you
Original post by Rockstar North
Drink hydrochloric acid.

Didn't it burn their insides?
Original post by ||TheUnknown||
Didn't it burn their insides?

It was in school so it's was all diluted, though it did give him a burn
Original post by Quantex
Decide to test the effectiveness of the chloroform by holding it to their nose.

Please tell me this actually happened

*waits excitedly for the reply*
Original post by F.Nietzsche
Please tell me this actually happened

*waits excitedly for the reply*

I'm a bit more mortified to be honest with you

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending