The Student Room Group

Architecture 2016 Entry Applications and Offers

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jessicalw23
I have 420 UCAS points from previous study and I also done a nursing degree but left that and went onto an access course in art and design.

I also applied for Nottingham but got rejected. think the one for Newcastle may be ABB. Sheffield have also asked me for a portfolio for arch+landscape but I think I'm happy to stick with Northumbria.

You'll be fine!

did you have to submit a portfolio to northumbria? if so how quickly did you hear from them
Original post by hannahastbury
did you have to submit a portfolio to northumbria? if so how quickly did you hear from them

I did. I rang them after a week of submitting and apparently there was a bit of a backlog but I got my offer a few days after :smile: I think Northumbria have a certain way with applications, not sure if it's in batches
Original post by nairline
Rejected from UCL after sending off my task 3 weeks ago. Absolutely heartbroken. Really don't want to go anywhere else... I'm already doing an art foundation rn so do u think it'd be stupid to take a year out and reapply?

If you'd rather not take a year out, I'd recommend going somewhere where you'd actually enjoy the working environment and then apply to the Bartlett for part 2
Original post by vionart
If you'd rather not take a year out, I'd recommend going somewhere where you'd actually enjoy the working environment and then apply to the Bartlett for part 2

I really would not mind taking a year out even though I've taken this year out to do an art foundation. I really cannot imagine myself on the other courses I've applied to besides Manchester. But I'm from Manchester, so i wouldn't like to stay in the same city for another 3 years. .. What do you think on taking another year out?
I really would not mind taking a year out even though I've taken this year out to do an art foundation. I really cannot imagine myself on the other courses I've applied to besides Manchester. But I'm from Manchester, so i wouldn't like to stay in the same city for another 3 years. .. What do you think on taking another year out?

But what are your other choices besides ucl? UCL is not the end of the world tbh.
Original post by akeakeake
But what are your other choices besides ucl? UCL is not the end of the world tbh.

Westminister Manchester Edinburgh and Brighton. Have unconditionals from Brighton and wesmtkniser. Haha yeah I know im probs just being a brat but have wanted this for 5 years ..!
Reply 826
Just had my interview today at UCL.. Felt very rushed (may be as I was last to be interviewed). Not really sure how it went.. There were good points and points I reckon not so good..
I was wondering whether there was a significance as to the order in which you are interviewed?
Original post by purple-loofah
Has anybody heard from Cardiff after sending in their portfolios?

yeh, but they took forever! but luckily they gave me an offer.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by HXSSN
So far I've got offers from Cardiff, Kent, Manchester and Newcastle but I have no idea what I'll put as my firm. I'm torn between Newcastle and Cardiff but I'll only get to visit Newcastle so I don't know how good the facilities are and the general feel is like at Cardiff. Hopefully, someone can give me some insight on what Cardiff was like when they visited?

personally i really liked it and would be my first choice out of those 4. I thought the people seemed open minded, and the course had a really nice level of conceptuality, not too crazy, but not too conservative. They city is really nice and there is this street which is 'student street' where some accomdation and the student union is. As Cardiff is a capital city, it certainly has character. Also, the people at cardiff seem really nice. The Part II work on show was really good, one of the work won a RIBA medal or commendation last year.
Westminister Manchester Edinburgh and Brighton. Have unconditionals from Brighton and wesmtkniser. Haha yeah I know im probs just being a brat but have wanted this for 5 years ..!

Oh... If i was you I would have taken Edinburgh as my firm.. Know some people who've been there. Great city, great uni.

I personally regret not taking Edinburgh as one of my choices. haha
Original post by akeakeake
Oh... If i was you I would have taken Edinburgh as my firm.. Know some people who've been there. Great city, great uni.

I personally regret not taking Edinburgh as one of my choices. haha

I haven't been replied to from there. Need to visit still. Where have you firmed?
What does everyone think of westminister?
What does everyone think of westminister?

I was really impressed. The facilities look really good. It's a huge department. They even had robotic arms and stuff. However i feel like due to the huge numbers on the course, you will be exceeding your tutors low expectations, rather than meeting their high expectations. If that makes sense...
Reply 833
Original post by cowie
Just had my interview today at UCL.. Felt very rushed (may be as I was last to be interviewed). Not really sure how it went.. There were good points and points I reckon not so good..
I was wondering whether there was a significance as to the order in which you are interviewed?

Also had mine today... Apparently the interviewer liked many things that I showed him, but he also said things like "it's better if you can try something on a larger scale." Don't know if he's implying that I'm less able... Totally confused! As for the order, I don't think it really means anything. Maybe alphabetically, I guess?

Also I'm pretty sure I saw you today at UCL; I'm the Chinese-looking guy in a white sweater.
Reply 834
I haven't been replied to from there. Need to visit still. Where have you firmed?

Have any applicants from England heard from Edinburgh?

Were you given a reason as to why you were rejected? As for a year out, I'd say it depends on how much you want to get into UCL because even if you reapply, there's no guarantee that you'll get in the second time. I initially had the same dream of going to UCL since year 9, but then I went on open days and realised that I'd rather enjoy the degree than spend sleepless nights locking myself in studios overnight to stress and compete against the other students because of Bartlett's expectations.
Original post by mqiu97
Also had mine today... Apparently the interviewer liked many things that I showed him, but he also said things like "it's better if you can try something on a larger scale." Don't know if he's implying that I'm less able... Totally confused! As for the order, I don't think it really means anything. Maybe alphabetically, I guess?

Also I'm pretty sure I saw you today at UCL; I'm the Chinese-looking guy in a white sweater.

OMG MQ you are here too!! hahah how was it? let's share our thoughts in public.
Original post by Raimonds
I was really impressed. The facilities look really good. It's a huge department. They even had robotic arms and stuff. However i feel like due to the huge numbers on the course, you will be exceeding your tutors low expectations, rather than meeting their high expectations. If that makes sense...

Yeah tbh I was also shocked by their facilities. Was impressed by the vast studios .. And that famous robotic arm. Not too sure how aspirational the lecturers are tho - was quite bored by the lecture and what the dude had to say about the course. But I think I was just comparing it to UCLs constantly . Gonna have to visit again with a wider mindset. Where are you going?
Original post by mqiu97

I had my interview today as well! Which 'batch' of interviewees were you in mq? Also (Cowie and mq), who did you guys get for the interviewer? My interview was the same, he said nice stuff but reflecting on it now I don't think it went as good as I thought it did...
Reply 839
Original post by nadabannana
I had my interview today as well! Which 'batch' of interviewees were you in mq? Also (Cowie and mq), who did you guys get for the interviewer? My interview was the same, he said nice stuff but reflecting on it now I don't think it went as good as I thought it did...

I had a lady with blond hair.. Cannot remember the name however.
Thinking over it too much is the worst thing you can do.. It's over now, so you can only wait and see!
From other responses, it seems as though most people had both negative and positive parts to their interview, so I wouldn't worry!
It's also very hard to determine what they would be wanting from us.. You may have answered a question in a way that you thought wrong and regretful, yet they may see it as something brilliant!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending