The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Cholesta
Generally Thurs is rejection day for law and Fri is offer day. No word. It just means you can't firm another uni and it would be nice to get in early with app for halls whichever uni you choose.

What do you mean by Thursday is rejection day and Friday offers' day? I'm just fed up of waiting...
Original post by GigiRaffaeli
What do you mean by Thursday is rejection day and Friday offers' day? I'm just fed up of waiting...

For law at LSE. There seems to be a pattern for law offers. Rejections on Thursdays and offers on Fridays. Other departments are different.
HI everyone!
Has anyone got an offer from York?
Just had the interview yesterday and my answers were downright embarrassing x x
Original post by harry0156
Got offers from Nottingham, Bristol and Liverpool, rejected by Oxford after interview. I haven't heard back from Durham, anyone got offers from there?

When did you get your offer from Nottingham? And how long was it after you applied?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tamsinb123
When did you get your offer from Nottingham? And how long was it after you applied?

Applied 9th Oct
Offer 25th Nov
Original post by JohnGreek
And this brings me to the end of this applications cycle... :smile:

King's got back to me this evening.
http://prntscr.com/a20nco

Congratulations! What were your grades and LNAT score please? :smile:
Original post by ARoxanne
Is anyone going to the BPP Applicants Day?

I also received that invitation for march 12. Are you going to attend?

Spoiler

Well done! Im doing iGCSE atm, when did you start the learning part of revision? My plan is to finish notes now and then spend exactly two months (including two weeks at Easter) to learn everything, then two weeks doing past papers. Would you say this is a good amount of time to get most/all A*s?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mint_chocolate
HI everyone!
Has anyone got an offer from York?
Just had the interview yesterday and my answers were downright embarrassing x x

No, not yet I've got my interview soon! How did your yours go? I'm sure it wasn't as bad as you think! A lot of people have said the hardest part is actually getting selected for the interview, by then they've already gone through everyone and short listed you :biggrin: so many people who thought they'd messed up the interview ended up getting offers.
Original post by oli19919
Well done! Im doing iGCSE atm, when did you start the learning part of revision? My plan is to finish notes now and then spend exactly two months (including two weeks at Easter) to learn everything, then two weeks doing past papers. Would you say this is a good amount of time to get most/all A*s?

As long as you work effectively and focus on content and exam technique then I would say that that is more than enough, although it depends on how well you learn information. I wrote my all my notes and revised for my GCSEs for just over a month before the exams and got 8A*
I started revising around Christmas, due to the fact that we had our mocks in early January and had been taught the course slightly quicker in order to allow us to have a decent 3+ months of pure revision time. During that time, I revised everything a second time properly, had about a week off for Easter, and then came back to have a third re-look at my notes and do as many past papers as I had time to. I also had two fairly brutal standalone foreign language exams that year, something that took away a few weeks of revision. Interestingly enough, my exams finished in mid-May, so I didn't have the time buffer that others had for GCSE (who were sitting exams as late as the 14th of June if I remember correctly).

I think that your plan is certainly feasible, and the only thing I'd advise is allowing some time to compensate for any homework set by your school for revision. I had a "homework evening" every week during which I would catch up with all the random **** my teachers would force on us to help us revise (conveniently forgetting that most of us had decent revision schedules already). Make sure that you plan for any ECs/homework/etc in advance, so you don't end up falling behind :smile: I don't know what else to say, I think that you should definitely have a decent amount of time to do everything properly

Ok thank you :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE="qwertyuipdoe;62673803"]
Original post by oli19919

As long as you work effectively and focus on content and exam technique then I would say that that is more than enough, although it depends on how well you learn information. I wrote my all my notes and revised for my GCSEs for just over a month before the exams and got 8A*

Ok thanks :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by harry0156
Got offers from Nottingham, Bristol and Liverpool, rejected by Oxford after interview. I haven't heard back from Durham, anyone got offers from there?

Got an offer from Durham, still waiting on Bristol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Solrac777

Posted from TSR Mobile

Which would you choose out of the two

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by legalmind
I also received that invitation for march 12. Are you going to attend?

Yeah I definitely will be, and you?
Original post by ARoxanne
Yeah I definitely will be, and you?

I might not be able to as I still have no visa. I will appreciate if you will share your experiences and observations after the event. Haha thanks.
Original post by Solrac777

What were your LNAT/AS/GCSE results if you don't mind me asking?
Original post by cuddledumpling
No, not yet I've got my interview soon! How did your yours go? I'm sure it wasn't as bad as you think! A lot of people have said the hardest part is actually getting selected for the interview, by then they've already gone through everyone and short listed you :biggrin: so many people who thought they'd messed up the interview ended up getting offers.

I honestly have no idea:tongue: I hope mine came out alright! I believe having a basic understanding of PBL is a must and mine just lasted for roughly 10 mins so not many questions could be asked actually^^ haha thanks a lot:smile: Good luck with your interview!!
Original post by legalmind
I might not be able to as I still have no visa. I will appreciate if you will share your experiences and observations after the event. Haha thanks.

I've already been twice but I'll combine all my experiences together and let you know :smile:
got an offer from southampton, WW and Leeds to go, anyone else applied to southampton or manchester? :redface:

Latest

Trending

Trending