The Student Room Group

Are guys just as bitchy as women? Or is it just bodybuilders?

Long story short, I am around the gym quite a lot and talk to people in the fitness community. What strikes me is how bitchy guys can be towards each other.

I have lost a lot of bodyfat over the past few months and I feel like some guys see me as a bit of a metrosexual. My goals differ from theirs but it seems like they are just obsessed with size while I want to be lean and have my face look nice without the fat. And yes, I lift for looks, not because I want to look like I can beat someone up or like I am doing it just to be huge.

I may go to the gym at a different time now because since I got a lot more 'aesthetic' I notice more the sizing up that guys do with each other and it is getting a bit boring. I have noticed that these guys all go to the gym round about the same time in the day (the late evenings).
Reply 1
And by "lifting for looks" I mean I lift for girls.
riiiight I wouldn't know I don't care about exercise
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Long story short, I am around the gym quite a lot and talk to people in the fitness community. What strikes me is how bitchy guys can be towards each other.

I have lost a lot of bodyfat over the past few months and I feel like some guys see me as a bit of a metrosexual. My goals differ from theirs but it seems like they are just obsessed with size while I want to be lean and have my face look nice without the fat. And yes, I lift for looks, not because I want to look like I can beat someone up or like I am doing it just to be huge.

I may go to the gym at a different time now because since I got a lot more 'aesthetic' I notice more the sizing up that guys do with each other and it is getting a bit boring. I have noticed that these guys all go to the gym round about the same time in the day (the late evenings).

Guys are just as bitchy as girls are to each other half the time. The only difference is that I would say we don't really mean it as much. We exaggerate a LOT. We enjoy a good moan. :smile:
Reply 4
Not real men :smile:
I do cross fit at the gym, and there are usually more guys than girls there when I go. I don't notice any bitching but the sizing each other up, yea...maybe there is some sort of competition going on sometimes, with a few of them.:redface:
Some men are probably even worse than women :laugh:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending