The Student Room Group

Who's your favourite youtuber?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by undercxver
Omg ikr, when I watched it for the first time I was thinking maybe it's not the mac makeup but drugstore one. Then I see him picking up expensive stuff. I couldn't deal with it for the first time tbh. :no:

I'm watching it again. Sid's little lecture in the start is jokes. :rofl:

[video="youtube;rURqETmYxN4"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rURqETmYxN4[/video]

Omg I know, I just watched it again :lol: That is sososososoososososo sad. They're both so bloody hilarious!
Original post by kandykissesxox
YESS!!!! They're a fantastic couple I can't even deal.

The time they were talking about how they had a food fight in their landlords flat😂😂😂

Ffs, you guys are making me want to watch their videos again :lol:

@undercxver
Original post by fire_and_ice

@undercxver

I'm on a binge watch fgs. Thanks a lot guys:colonhash:
YESS!!!! They're a fantastic couple I can't even deal.The time they were talking about how they had a food fight in their landlords flat😂😂😂
One of the cutest couple on YouTube. Oh yeah and how they met on Facebook! LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL :toofunny:

Omg I know, I just watched it again :lol: That is sososososoososososo sad. They're both so bloody hilarious!

@undercxver

Who started this. :colonhash: I blame them.

I'm on a binge watch fgs. Thanks a lot guys:colonhash:

I'm going to stop now. Gotta work fgs. :laugh:
One of the cutest couple on YouTube. Oh yeah and how they met on Facebook! LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL :toofunny:

Jokes, and they were in the same uni as well. Haha!! They give me life
Gabe Helmy v:
Original post by 408655
I have 108 susbscriptions, but these are my favourites

Mr Ben Brown
Doug Armstrong
Two Beeps
Connor Franta
A wild flower life
AmazingPhil
Danisnotonfire
Jim Chapman
Duncan
Mimei
Lorenzo & Pedro
Marcus Butler
MarkE Miller
William James Carter
Tom Daley
Ricky Dillon

Lorenzo & Pedro? They're not that famous!! I like them too
dina tokio
Jokes, and they were in the same uni as well. Haha!! They give me life

I find their mix pretty cool. Their daughter Hana will have such a nice skin tone. :colonhash:
Original post by KaurNav
superwomen!

OMG HOW COULD I FORGET HER! :eek:
Original post by Sae.HH
Yeah he's very intelligent, his channel generated an insane amount of traction precisely because of his controversy. One could say he sold his soul to the devil but I don't think I've ever seen a fitness YouTuber hit 100k subs that quickly. He's definitely mellowed down over recent week, his videos on Rich Piana aren't nearly as provocative although from his POV when Rich is killing himself you can understand his frustration.

And based on your username I'd hoped you'd know better than to judge credentials on size, not that he's ever claimed to be better at programming or training than anyone. Pointing out the flaws in arguments of other other YouTubers, who are quite frankly meatheads, isn't unreasonable for a channel trying to promote veganism. Looking at his size from a critical standpoint, he's not any smaller than Candito who is probably the best programmer on YouTube and isn't big at all by bodybuilding standards.

He is intelligent in a sense that he knows how to attract viewers by acting controversially and is very good at twisting out-of-date facts and arguments to influence people to see things his way. A channel's number of subscribers doesn't necessarily grant them respect; sixpackshortcuts for example got it's massive following by originally deceiving naive fitness enthusiasts with it's clickbait advertisements for 'super easy methods' for muscle building and fat-loss. Whilst the channel has since then got better (still by no means legit), it was originally a joke. VG's content is going to get better (it can't quite frankly get any worse) but the fact that he stirs **** up with other youtuber's just to attract attention to himself is really low.

Tbf I can't really judge his fitness advice as I haven't seen many videos of him regarding that area, so I take my point back. But he is pretty skinny, and I'll bet my hat that he hasn't got half the strength of Jonnie Candito or Jeff Cavaliere. 'Meatheads?' There's a fine line between critiquing other youtuber's fitness advice than shitting on them deliberately to get attention. I do agree with some of his points particularly the ones against Rich Piana's roid cycles but the way he constructs his arguments in such an immature and rude manner is ridiculous.
I find their mix pretty cool. Their daughter Hana will have such a nice skin tone. :colonhash:

She will as well "Hana boo boo" 😂😂😂
Original post by MathsAstronomy12
He is intelligent in a sense that he knows how to attract viewers by acting controversially and is very good at twisting out-of-date facts and arguments to influence people to see things his way. A channel's number of subscribers doesn't necessarily grant them respect; sixpackshortcuts for example got it's massive following by originally deceiving naive fitness enthusiasts with it's clickbait advertisements for 'super easy methods' for muscle building and fat-loss. Whilst the channel has since then got better (still by no means legit), it was originally a joke. VG's content is going to get better (it can't quite frankly get any worse) but the fact that he stirs **** up with other youtuber's just to attract attention to himself is really low.

Tbf I can't really judge his fitness advice as I haven't seen many videos of him regarding that area, so I take my point back. But he is pretty skinny, and I'll bet my hat that he hasn't got half the strength of Jonnie Candito or Jeff Cavaliere. 'Meatheads?' There's a fine line between critiquing other youtuber's fitness advice than shitting on them deliberately to get attention. I do agree with some of his points particularly the ones against Rich Piana's roid cycles but the way he constructs his arguments in such an immature and rude manner is ridiculous.

I've read enough of the studies to disagree with that, sure some of them date back to the early 2000s, but they were all under controlled conditions and those conditions have not changed. Which studies are you referring to? I don't mind being proven wrong if you can but there are quite a few and I haven't come across any as of yet that have had poor parameters. Maybe I haven't looked at enough of them :p: Mike Changs stuff is still a joke haha, I think a few months ago he made a video about 'how surprisingly strongmen have strong cores' :colonhash: Knowledge bombs! But yeah it is marginally better, still has such a fake feel to the overall content though.

He doesn't lift a lot by any standard you're right, just pointing out the fallacy of assuming his knowledge would directly correlate to his strength or his size. That's understandable though! Guy's like Max Chewning really set themselves apart by being insanely strong whilst looking like they don't even lift so there aren't many YouTubers like that around. Well, as far as he's concerned, it' a win win, he breaks down their arguments whilst also shitting on them. Some of them are pretty stupid. Like no offence to Pete, although what I say is offensive, he is not an intelligent guy lol. His argument against Vegan Gains was soooo bad in his most recent video about Vegans. Little more than a stream of conciousness that makes him feel more comfortable.

I actually really respect Rich Piana for his openness but again, things like openly releasing your cycle and encouraging others to follow in your wake, it's just so stupid. Sad thing is he recently did an interview and he admitted he's killing himself and he intends to cut, but he has to get through this cycle to 'prove it to everyone he can'.

Like I said he's a sociopath, I don't agree with how aggressive he can be, but he's entertaining and for the most part he isn't wrong. Some of them say really stupid s*** that you just can't help but laugh at. Others like Scott Mendelson and Mike O Hearn fml, scamming people with duck eggs for $1000? Far worse than verbal abuse VG dishes out. I think it was Joe Rogan most recently? He must be really pissing someone people off because he really pissed off Patrik Baboumian and from what I know of him he's a really really nice guy.

Also you have to think of it from a VG perspective, he's calling out people like Furious who literally promote killing animals with their merchandise. If I was as passionate about he is about animals, I don't think I'd hold back on a guy like that either.

http://www.bjjee.com/bjj-news/vegan-strongman-threatens-joe-rogan-over-hunting-beliefs/

PM incoming :h:
Original post by Sae.HH

PM incoming :h:

Finally (ok I'm one to talk):biggrin:

Imagine Hana becomes a YouTuber when she grows up. :colonhash:
BroScienceLife, has me rofling every time :rofl:

Original post by Sae.HH
He's a little bit of a sociopath but very intelligent and even more entertaining. One of the few YouTubers that actually posts hard evidence consistently with cogent arguments. I don't think I learn anything from the other fitness guys nutrition wise nearly as much.

His science game is levels above most YouTubers, unfortunately this is negated by his vegan-radicalism and the fact that he's a despicable human being :lol:
Imagine Hana becomes a YouTuber when she grows up. :colonhash:

I hope she does!! Do you by chance watch bubzbeauty? (Awk if you don't)
Original post by WoodyMKC
BroScienceLife, has me rofling every time :rofl:

His science game is levels above most YouTubers, unfortunately this is negated by his vegan-radicalism and the fact that he's a despicable human being :lol:

Haha, most sociopaths are Woody! But he entertains me and informs so it's all good :biggrin:
Original post by Sae.HH
Haha, most sociopaths are Woody! But he entertains me and informs so it's all good :biggrin:

I physically can't sit through an entire one of his videos tbh, he has the whiniest voice :rofl:

Quick Reply

Latest