The Student Room Group

2016 Medicine Rejection Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by gemmac123455
4 pre-interview rejections from KCL, Barts, SGUL and UEA

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, sorry to hear that! Waiting for my fourth pre-interview rejection. Do you mind telling me if you met SGUL's UKCAT cut off? Because I don't and I'm wondering why they haven't sent the rejection email yet. Also are you going to take a gap year and reapply? :smile:
Original post by JannaX
No offers as of yet:frown: got Birmingham interview next week and still waiting from Newcastle :/ but really not looking good and this was after interview:smile:

I'm so sorry to hear about your rejection! Can I ask when did you do your interview at KCL?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 102
Original post by yoyo.sat
I'm so sorry to hear about your rejection! Can I ask when did you do your interview at KCL?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi tis okay I'm over it now ahah and I interviewed in December :smile:
3 rejections... Just waiting to find out my post interview decision from HYMS
Reply 104
3 rejections from HYMS, Southampton and Leeds :frown:
Waiting on BSMS!!
Original post by sumeyyatontus
3 rejections... Just waiting to find out my post interview decision from HYMS

Good Luck with HYMS, you only need one offer after all !
Reply 106
Original post by SEBI16
Good luck for your interview on Tuesday in Aberdeen!! Do you know when the interviews are expected to end in Aberdeen?

The 9th of February was the last batch of interviews. Aberdeen start to give offers as early as late February!
Reply 107
Edinburgh has now rejected me. The med school sent me an email informing me that I am required to do some sort of action. So I left it one day and they rejected me. Has this happened to anyone else?😕
Original post by JS98
Edinburgh has now rejected me. The med school sent me an email informing me that I am required to do some sort of action. So I left it one day and they rejected me. Has this happened to anyone else?😕

I've been rejected too but I didn't get that email? You could try ringing them up?? Best of luck with your other uni's:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JS98

yeah I don't think the day made a big difference... I got the 'taking some action' email from edinburgh too and logged on to Edinburgh and got my rejection.
Good luck with your other applications
Original post by JS98
The 9th of February was the last batch of interviews. Aberdeen start to give offers as early as late February!

Late Feb? I thought the earliest is March...
Oh well Im not complaining...
Reply 111
Original post by Junioh
Late Feb? I thought the earliest is March...
Oh well Im not complaining...

At the interview on Tuesday one of the students said that last year she got her offer late February but I think Aberdeen finished their interviews slightly earlier last year. The student said they would normally aim to get interviews out early/mid March 😄
Original post by AshJade
3 rejections from HYMS, Southampton and Leeds :frown:
Waiting on BSMS!!

Hi, Sorry to hear that. Was your leeds pre or post interview?
Original post by JS98
Just got rejected from Glasgow earlier tonight ☹️. At least this gives me even more determination for the interview at Aberdeen on Tuesday!
Has anyone been given information about Edinburghs "portal" (or whatever you call there system in which they talk to the students/applicant) regarding uploading evidence of grades, nationality, identity etc???

Sorry to hear that, was your rejection from Glasgow Pre or Post interview?
Reply 114
Original post by Aliviarara
That depends on which university. Check with admissions/website of which ever uni you are thinking about reapplying to. I know that people have got into Warwick on the 2nd or 3rd go, not sure if that's post interview though. Birmingham won't look at you again after interviewing you (if I remember correctly).

I was rejected from B'ham post interview last year. Had another interview this year (awaiting decision). So not all uni's abide by that - good luck 😊
Reply 115
Original post by JannaX
No offers as of yet:frown: got Birmingham interview next week and still waiting from Newcastle :/ but really not looking good and this was after interview:smile:

Is your B'ham interview for undergrad or postgrad? Good luck!
Reply 116
Original post by Ginger_Gymnast92
Rejected post interview from Birmingham today

Sorry to hear that. Was that for undergrad? Or postgrad?
Reply 117
Rejected post interview from Oxford and pre-interview from Bristol a few weeks ago.
Waiting anxiously for Nottingham and Southampton
Original post by sheppae
Rejected post interview from Oxford and pre-interview from Bristol a few weeks ago.
Waiting anxiously for Nottingham and Southampton

My friend got a rejection from Southampton today so at the moment no news is good news! I'm in the same position with two rejections, good luck:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 119
Original post by LThomas694
My friend got a rejection from Southampton today so at the moment no news is good news! I'm in the same position with two rejections, good luck:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for the reassurance, sorry about your friend :/ Good luck to you too :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending