The Student Room Group

Glasgow Medical School Applicants 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Junioh
Region? I have no idea... @Pennyarcade did you get an invite when you applied?
Yeah fingers crossed :erm:

Possibly.. but again I have no idea why that would be. I origninally thought it was perhaps just for international\further away students who needed info on accommodation but it seems many Scots have been invited too so I really do not know. I am trying to think back to the Ucas application process and I remember there being a box you could tick that said along the lines of "I would like to receive information on accomodation" or something similar and I definitely ticked it !
Original post by sunburner
Possibly.. but again I have no idea why that would be. I origninally thought it was perhaps just for international\further away students who needed info on accommodation but it seems many Scots have been invited too so I really do not know. I am trying to think back to the Ucas application process and I remember there being a box you could tick that said along the lines of "I would like to receive information on accomodation" or something similar and I definitely ticked it !

I ticked most of the boxes and I thought that means you don't receive any information from the unis(apart from interview/decisions ofc)?
It could be that :colonhash:
Original post by Junioh
I ticked most of the boxes and I thought that means you don't receive any information from the unis(apart from interview/decisions ofc)?
It could be that :colonhash:

Oh I cant remember if it was tick or untick but I definitely read it carefully at the time and selected the options where you DO receive information! :biggrin:
Its not that I think I'm entitled to one of these invites, :wink: just dont see the point of only inviting some candidates
Original post by sunburner
Oh I cant remember if it was tick or untick but I definitely read it carefully at the time and selected the options where you DO receive information! :biggrin:
Its not that I think I'm entitled to one of these invites, :wink: just dont see the point of only inviting some candidates

I can't remember too... tbh I probably won't go anyway cos I will be away during the feb break(last proper school holiday EVER
hahaha If it was a generalized invite then I don't see why some people got invites and others didn't?
If it wasn't...
What do we think the chances are of offers going out tomorrow?!
Original post by caitlinramsay

I don't know, i have a feeling it might be a bit later (like next week) but i'm just guessing! I hope it's soon though! The waiting is killing me!
Reply 906
High hopefully! Last year they came out on Friday the 13th... Friday the 12th sounds reasonable!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Reply 907
Original post by caitlinramsay

10/1
I know offers started going out on the 13th of Feb last year but does anyone know when all the offers given out by?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Pre-interview rejections are out already
Original post by Ekno
10/1

Original post by muz360
High hopefully! Last year they came out on Friday the 13th... Friday the 12th sounds reasonable!

Does anybody know how long they usually take to finish sending out all offers? say they started on 12 feb (if we are lucky), then would they spread it out over several weeks or get it over with quickly
Absolutely bricking myself, just want something to come through so I regain my motivation at school and don't conpletley fail 6th year
Everything indicates February at some point. So, although we're just guesstimating dates, at least we can be fairly sure it'll be within about the next fortnight
What indicates February?
Original post by bigs1998
What indicates February?

Glasgow's history of offer dates, eg. last year's Friday 13th February.

There's obviously no guarantees but I'm confident it'll be February (maybe even today!)
When were offers given out the year before lasts? February again?
Reply 916
Perhaps someone should ring in and ask? I would but I'm not an applicant.
Just rang the very nice lady from admissions. She said that it would take them a while to process the interviews from last week, and that they were looking at starting to send decisions probably in late February or early March (although technically they have until the end of March!!!). So a couple of weeks yet.
(edited 8 years ago)
Sick of waiting

Posted from TSR Mobile
Surely they have most of us UK ones sorted ...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending