The Student Room Group

Imagine you were talking to someone you liked

What would hurt more:

A. They're constantly on whatsapp but never read your messages (the ticks don't turn blue)

or

B. They read your message (blue ticks) but don't reply (and are constantly on so you know they're not just taking a quick look and going off whatsapp)?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
None because I have some emotional security. Both mean the same anyway, they are still ignoring your message.

If this is happening to you it's not necessarily bad, it's quite possible they prioritise you in an entirely different way, i've known close friends to exchange longer conversations with others but more personal with ones with myself.
Reply 2
Both but i would say B would hurt more.
Reply 3
Probably B.
In A, yes they probably are ignoring me or don't want to talk to me, but there could possibly be some other reason he/she isn't checking my messages (maybe he/she's too much into a convo that he/she forgets to check my message or that they just leave their whatsapp for long periods of time)
But B guarantees they are ignoring me. They fully acknowledge I am trying to talk to them and by not replying each time, I know for sure they simply just don't talk want to talk to me, and they're not making an effort to at least let me know that.
Original post by whorace
None because I have some emotional security. Both mean the same anyway, they are still ignoring your message.

If this is happening to you it's not necessarily bad, it's quite possible they prioritise you in an entirely different way, i've known close friends to exchange longer conversations with others but more personal with ones with myself.

It's not happening to me (but it has in the past, obviously) but the situation is different for friends luckily! I have friends who reply instantly, and others who take days, which is fine because I know they're busy. I adapt my texting style to suit the friend so that's not a problem
Original post by InadequateJusticex
What would hurt more:

A. They're constantly on whatsapp but never read your messages (the ticks don't turn blue)

or

B. They read your message (blue ticks) but don't reply (and are constantly on so you know they're not just taking a quick look and going off whatsapp)?

Both are pretty similar, I suppose taking a quick look is better than nothing but in either situation I'd feel hurt.
Both are currently happening to me and B hurts more. I just try to keep it all in perspective and care a little less tbh
Both!!!

For A I would interpret it as then having better people's messages to read

For B I'd assume that they're not too bothered about replying to me :emo:
Original post by tanya.chichi
Both are currently happening to me and B hurts more. I just try to keep it all in perspective and care a little less tbh

Sorry to hear that :frown: Is it friends doing it or people you like more than a friend?
Reply 9
B

A could be down to a technical hitch or whatever
Reply 10
do you ever think people are having more than one conversation and dont want to get stuck trying to juggle them and reply all at once ffs.
Thanks guys, glad I made the right decision :teehee:
Sorry to hear that :frown: Is it friends doing it or people you like more than a friend?

It's the second one unfortunately :frown:
What would hurt more:

or

It would hurt more that they've opened the message and didn't reply to be honest. If they constantly opened Whatapps, it would hurt but I suppose I could kid myself into believing they're just busy.

Either way anyone that does this constantly to you, you shouldn't get hung up on it. I've been in both situations and you just have to move on, find someone that will actually want to reply. :smile:
Original post by tanya.chichi
It's the second one unfortunately :frown:

That sucks. But you deserve better than that so you should go for someone you who would treat you better!

Original post by Lucarious30
It would hurt more that they've opened the message and didn't reply to be honest. If they constantly opened Whatapps, it would hurt but I suppose I could kid myself into believing they're just busy.

Either way anyone that does this constantly to you, you shouldn't get hung up on it. I've been in both situations and you just have to move on, find someone that will actually want to reply. :smile:

Fortunately it's not happening to me at the moment but yes I agree!

If people are genuinely interested then no matter how busy they are they will make time for you - it takes less than a minute to reply to a message! Even if they're busy they could send a message saying 'hey sorry im really busy today but i should be free from this time so ill message you then' or something.

So if they take ages to reply then you know they're not that interested (or at all).

Fortunately it's not happening to me at the moment but yes I agree!

If people are genuinely interested then no matter how busy they are they will make time for you - it takes less than a minute to reply to a message! Even if they're busy they could send a message saying 'hey sorry im really busy today but i should be free from this time so ill message you then' or something.

So if they take ages to reply then you know they're not that interested (or at all).

Good point! I've never actually spoken to someone that has said that has said they're busy so will talk later, they kinda just talk when they're free.. Saying that, I would totally respect someone that let me knew they were busy!
I probs would feel hurt at both but would just move on eventually because someone who's just basically rude isn't worth my time
Probably B, though both would hurt. If it happened once or twice, that's fine but if it happened more than that then I would take it as a sign they aren't interested in me or my conversion and give up.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Both but B would be worse. Happened with a guy I used to see. Lead me on for 3 months
Original post by swirly
do you ever think people are having more than one conversation and dont want to get stuck trying to juggle them and reply all at once ffs.

Trust me! Too many insecure people around these days, its not that deep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending