The Student Room Group

Physiotherapy applicants 2016/2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BStew
I've had 3 rejections so far!! (Birmingham, Coventry and Leicester) So feeling pretty rubbish, more pressure on Bournemouth and Southampton. Basically the same thing as me! Although the 3 that have rejected me were close to home so I'll be moving away at 25 to start this degree!! Scary thought that freshers will be 7 years younger 😂!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm in the same position as you except I've been rejected by all my options except Bournemouth who were the only uni to interview me. Unfortunately I had a family bereavement the day before the interview so my performance was terrible and I'm certain it'll be a no. Feeing very deflated as I am a mature student and I'm very eager to get going but we just have to stay positive and keep trying, we will get there eventually :smile: good luck with your application!

Ed
Original post by Edwarddurrant
I'm in the same position as you except I've been rejected by all my options except Bournemouth who were the only uni to interview me. Unfortunately I had a family bereavement the day before the interview so my performance was terrible and I'm certain it'll be a no. Feeing very deflated as I am a mature student and I'm very eager to get going but we just have to stay positive and keep trying, we will get there eventually :smile: good luck with your application!

Ed

So sorry to hear that and really hope it works out for you!!! Don't lose hope though sometimes it's the very interview we thought went terribly that ends in an offer ! That happened with my current job. Best of luck!
Original post by 09IMaguire
I have only heard back from two of my five universities and I applied late November - anyone applied at a similar time to me and heard back from Nottingham, Northumbria or Birmingham? Panicking slightly

Hi, still waiting on all these except today got rejected for physio at Birmingham and accepted for Sports and Exercise Sciences. Heard nothing at all from Nottingham or Northumbria yet, but apparently no ones heard anything at all from Northumbria so not worrying so much yet!
Just had an invite to interview at Northumbria!
Original post by nerdkoala

First one I've heard of! Well done :smile:
Reply 1205
unsuccessful from Leeds Beckett ouch
Has anyone had a Cardiff interview yet? I've heard the mmi are really hard and so I'm worrying a bit and just wondered what it is like?
Original post by somethingbeautiful
I'm pretty much the same age as you (I'll be starting when I'm 26). My 'home' uni rejected me without interview. One of my choices rejected me after interview (I was a nervous wreck that day tbh). One offered me an interview but since I have to live at home I realised it was just too far to commute (4 hours each way) so declined it.

So I have two options and both interviewed me. I got an offer from 1, waiting to hear from the other.

One is all you need. I'm just studying like crazy now and working to meet the conditions of my offer. Physio is competitive - don't let the rejections make you think you aren't a strong candidate. We were all told at my last interview not to be disheartened if we were rejected because the competition is strong and that even getting to interview is an achievement. The applicant/offer ratio for physio is pretty stark - if you look on "which uni" you'll see the competition we're up against.

You've still got two choices - you're not ruled out yet. The only difference between you and I is the timing of when we got/get our offers.

Hey I've just seen the post, where did you get rejected from? One offer is all you need so well done on getting that!
Has anyone had an invite to interview from Northumbria?

Hii :smile:

I've got an interview on the 16th March!

Well done!! :smile: Good luck with your interview, fingers crossed you get an offer
Original post by Lmelly
Has anybody had an interview at huddersfield uni or Robert gordon uni for physiotherapy? I am due to have mine in two weeks and im so nervous, never been through the process before! , any tips? also does anybody know what huddersfield or robert gordon is like as a uni? thanks :smile:

Hi,

I did my first degree in Huddersfield; i loved it! everything was on one campus which made it easier to get around, without getting lost! Also, liked that fact that cities, such, Manchester, York, Leeds and Sheffield were not that far on the train if you wanted to venture out of Huddersfield for shopping/food etc.

Can't say anything about the Health department as my first degree was in English/PGCE but on the whole i found staff to be brilliant!

Good Luck with your interviews and let us know how you get on, fingers crossed for you :smile:
Original post by coco.bee
Well done!! :smile: Good luck with your interview, fingers crossed you get an offer

Thank you, you too :smile:
Original post by Kbenn0
No I haven't but I won't be staying on campus as I live local :smile:. I'm a mature student with three children 😱 Do they allocate accommodation once you confirm grades ? Also had invites for offer holder days so you may get more information on one of those ? Not sure if I need to go as been three times and already firmed X

I've applied for accommodation but won't here anything until my place has been confirmed when I get my results! I've also firmed now but I'm going to the offer day anyway as I have a friend at Keele now who I'm staying with for the weekend!
Original post by spshsha1
Hey I've just seen the post, where did you get rejected from? One offer is all you need so well done on getting that!

UClan.

Thanks! I'm happy with the place I got my offer from (MMU), great interview approach, friendly staff, excellent facilities, awesome city - all round good vibe.
Got an offer from Sheffield Hallam in December and just got an offer from Keele today! I'm an international student and haven't gotten the chance to visit these two uni's - to students that have been, could you tell me a bit about the campus and what student life is like? Many thanks :-)
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by somethingbeautiful
UClan.

Thanks! I'm happy with the place I got my offer from (MMU), great interview approach, friendly staff, excellent facilities, awesome city - all round good vibe.

I'm still yet to here back from UCLAN! Yes MMU is excellent I loved it but have to say Salfords push into work is far more appealing to me. The paediatric opportunities too seem great!
Reply 1216
does anyone know when Liverpool will reply back after interviews?
Original post by N97
does anyone know when Liverpool will reply back after interviews?

They told us end of the month at my interview

Same got it through on Friday, It's on 15th March!
Yeyyy 😊 good luck! Mine's on the 16th March

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending