The Student Room Group

Turkey threatens to unleash all migrants on Europe

We're worried about Russia? Turkey is the real threat. This is a member of NATO because it's convenient to have a NATO ally in that area.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Errrrm
Its unfair on Turkey to house all migrants. As for your opinion on Russia, read thd article on the Guardian written by George Soros.

Lol this guy is back :rofl:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Given they've taken millions in whilst the western most countries of Europe bitch and whine about taking a few thousands (which will most likely have gone through Turkey) and are the countries currently bombing the country all the refugees are coming from, you can hardly blame them for wanting some helping in footing the bill.
Reply 3
Original post by HucktheForde
Lol this guy is back :rofl:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do I know you?
Well, the EU is pleading with Turkey to let 40,000 more Syrian refugees into their country and withholding around $3.3bn that was promised to them to house the refugees some months ago.
Reply 5
If Turkey goes through with its threat their application to join the EU should be torn up. They should also face EU trade embargoes and sanctions. And if necessary a full nuclear strike.
The EU desires external control of their borders at the pressure points. If they want that they actually have to do something about the situation.

They are doing little to support Turkey/similar in this crisis (save Germany and Sweden) and have been pathetically slow to up their game and sort this sh*t out.

I guess the member states are spending too much time and money on bombing, making the situation worse instead :h:
Original post by Ethereal World
and sort this sh*t out.

Why is it up to the EU to sort out the issues in non EU countries?
Reply 8
excellent !!
b2.jpg
Original post by BaconandSauce
Why is it up to the EU to sort out the issues in non EU countries?

Because we want control over our external borders.

Because our governments are partially responsible and at the very least are exacerbating the situation that is causing the push factors.

Because we want to be safe and secure in the long term and leaving the Middle East to its own devices will be awful for national security in the long term.

Because if we don't help then we only intensify the illegal immigration of the 'bad' guys and leave families and people suffering behind.

Because we are human, and the EU as well as individual countries are arbitrary. An invisible line on a map Is not a reason to not care about millions of suffering human beings.
Because we want control over our external borders.

Because our governments are partially responsible and at the very least are exacerbating the situation that is causing the push factors.

Because we want to be safe and secure in the long term and leaving the Middle East to its own devices will be awful for national security in the long term.

Because if we don't help then we only intensify the illegal immigration of the 'bad' guys and leave families and people suffering behind.

Because we are human, and the EU as well as individual countries are arbitrary. An invisible line on a map Is not a reason to not care about millions of suffering human beings.

The majority of the EU does not have any external borders with the middle east

The Arab spring started all this (hint it wasn't a European Spring)

Closing the sea roots into Europe is rather easy (and as we speak changes are being implemented to force ships back to turkey but some people are squirmish but yes that is our issue but one we will soon overcome given the unprecedented scale of the immigration issue

But I don't care about them I care about my family and my community and the damage this will do to them so why should your 'morality' about strangers be more important than my community?
The majority of the EU does not have any external borders with the middle east

The Arab spring started all this (hint it wasn't a European Spring)

Closing the sea roots into Europe is rather easy (and as we speak changes are being implemented to force ships back to turkey but some people are squirmish but yes that is our issue but one we will soon overcome given the unprecedented scale of the immigration issue

But I don't care about them I care about my family and my community and the damage this will do to them so why should your 'morality' about strangers be more important than my community?

It doesn't have many external borders you are right. But they can get as far as our external borders easily and that's where the pressure points happen. The same will happen with North Africans coming to Spain and Italy soon enough.

It was not the Arab Spring that started this. The Arab Spring is the only god damn solution. Bush and Blair hugely exacerbated this in 2003. They created the conditions for insurgency in the Middle East. Our governments and Russia continue to endorse tyrants. We continue to see Assad as the lesser of two evils when really he is the greater and is the cause.

I didn't say it was necessarily difficult to close the borders but it is wrong and inappropriate.

I get that you care about your family. But that's why Europe should sort their lives out and figure out a way to let the innocent in, which they can easily do if they spend money and work together. The only reason people see the immigration of refugees as a threat is because Europe have thus far handled it badly and left it to Germany and Sweden.

If Europe leaves millions of people suffering and turns their backs, then that feeds into ISIS world view that it's us and them and we can't live in harmony. This is what they want. Their state will grow. Their support will grow-arguably the biggest limiting factor is sheer numbers of people. And I'm pretty sure your community and family won't be safe if we let the most dangerous terrorist organisation of our time grow like a cancer in the Middle East and just because it's not happening under our noses we assume that we are fine? We will only be fine in the immediate short term. We will not be fine long term. Not even close.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Howard
If Turkey goes through with its threat their application to join the EU should be torn up. They should also face EU trade embargoes and sanctions. And if necessary a full nuclear strike.

Not sure if trying to troll and failing miserably or
Being dead serious
And I'm pretty sure your community and family won't be safe if we let the most dangerous terrorist organisation of our time grow like a cancer in the Middle East and just because it's not happening under our noses we assume that we are fine? We will only be fine in the immediate short term. We will not be fine long term. Not even close.

The Arab Spring timeline https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_the_Arab_Spring#2010

Thing is it is happening under our noses so I'd rather the cancer grow over there than let it grow larger than it is already here.

Importing millions of people who are not compatible with us will only result in us being attack more often and on larger scales that we have already seen.

Thing is with the Jihadi's is they can use ANY excuse to get support so any excuse will do.

This is there fight so let's leave them to it.
(edited 8 years ago)
The Arab Spring timeline https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_the_Arab_Spring#2010

Thing is it is happening under our noses so I'd rather the cancer grow over there than let it grow larger than it is already here.

Importing millions of people who are not compatible with us will only result in us being attack more often and on larger scales that we have already seen.

Thing is with the Jihadi's is they can use ANY excuse to get support so any excuse will do.

This is there fight so let's leave them to it.

You're just replying to the things that are convenient to you and ignoring the harsh truth.

The Arab Spring is really really really not the cause of this. The Arab Spring is Arabs fighting (not violently) for democracy against the tyrants that we are endorsing/ignoring.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by 雷尼克
So what? Refugees are not causing any problems.

Not all of them
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Howard

No that is no the way
(edited 7 years ago)
You're just replying to the things that are convenient to you and ignoring the harsh truth.

The Arab Spring is really really really not the cause of this. The Arab Spring is Arabs fighting (not violently) for democracy against the tyrants that we are endorsing/ignoring.

No you're ignoring the facts Syria is the result of a civil war that restarted when the Spring reached Syria

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_the_Syrian_Civil_War

Blaming Bush and Blair for this is simply wrong.

We are not responsible for this and any attempt to sort it our will only come back to bite us.

And there's a reason why we supported the tyrants it's because they are the ones who were preventing this bloodshed (you need to look at the history of the region to understand it's been one big fight of the last 1000 years)

they removed the tryrant but rather then creating a better society they started slaughtering each other we do not want this on our door step.
Not fair they get to keep all of them, they have over 3 million Syrians if I'm not mistaken. Let them :smile:
Original post by SonerNotALoner
Not fair they get to keep all of them, they have over 3 million Syrians if I'm not mistaken. Let them :smile:

Not all of them are syrian bear in mind
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending