The Student Room Group

Help please

I attended university back in 2007 and unfortunately i did not finish off my studies because I had too many resits. During my last term I got diagnosis with dyslexia and did not receive much help from the university. So my application to the course got with draw.
So many years have passed and now I currently doing an access course to go back. I have re-applied and applied to many other universities but now they are saying that I am unsuccessful due to action 2007 they called this academic failure. How can I over this ? Because since then I have improved and I haven even got my results yet.
Reply 1
Original post by vinnie85
I attended university back in 2007 and unfortunately i did not finish off my studies because I had too many resits. During my last term I got diagnosis with dyslexia and did not receive much help from the university. So my application to the course got with draw.
So many years have passed and now I currently doing an access course to go back. I have re-applied and applied to many other universities but now they are saying that I am unsuccessful due to action 2007 they called this academic failure. How can I over this ? Because since then I have improved and I haven even got my results yet.

You would be best to speak to your referee, and see if they would be willing to send a letter/email of explanation to the unis you have applied to. Your referee can explain your recent diagnosis of dyslexia, and what additional measures you now have and how this is helping.

However, you may not be able to attend the same uni that you were previously unsuccessful at. It will also depend which course you are applying for, as sometimes there are additional rules - eg with some healthcare courses you will need to be registered by a healthcare organisation to be able to get a job in that area, so will then need to follow additional rules set by that healthcare organisation.
Reply 2
Talk to the humans contact department about your situation seems to me its quite complicated..

Quick Reply

Latest