The Student Room Group

Beyonce Homage to Black Panthers

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by BaconandSauce
I'm not denying colonisation had a big part to play in making that country the bread basket of Africa.

I suspect though you would deny it's the anti-colonisation that has turned it into a basket case.

Lol. So colonisation would have helped them eh? Struggling to have access to basic human rights while their colonisers fed off their backs would have prevented all that eh?

Lol you're laughable.
Original post by Mathemagicien
Perhaps I am missing something, but weren't they a terrorist organisation?

Its members
-It engaged in many gun battles with police, including ambushing officers
-Many members were jailed for a bomb conspiracy
-Some advocated violent revolution and urban guerrilla warfare
-Torture murdered members suspected of being police informants
-Members of different factions assassinated each other

E.g. at one point, it was led by Eldridge Cleaver, who (after being arrested of rape and assault), wrote a number of books, including where he acknowledges committing acts of rape, stating that he initially raped black women in the ghetto "for practice" and then embarked on the serial rape of white women. He described these crimes as politically inspired, motivated by a genuine conviction that the rape of white women was "an insurrectionary act".
--
Also, her dancers call for justice for the police shooting of Mario Woods, who had stabbed someone with a knife, and refused to drop it when confronted by police
http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/feb/08/beyonce-dancers-black-lives-matter-super-bowl-half-time-show-mario-woods-fatal-shooting#comments

And before anyone says that the ends justified these means, how is this different from the Islamist terrorists, who also believe that their jihad is justified?

And Gandhi hated black people. People pick and choose to remember history how it suits them.
Original post by Zimz
It's not about numbers, dufus. It's about WHY they were killed. A lot of unnecessary force is being used on them as opposed to their white counterparts. Good to know you're justifying being killed over a traffic stop. :colone:

I'm not justifying anything. Your comment is an ad hominem, a strawman, and without support of evidence. It is utterly intellectually invalid.

Do you have evidence to support the proposition that blacks are treated with more violence than whites by law enforcement? I doubt that you do.
Furthermore, I hope that I have clearly demonstrated that whites are significantly more often victims of killings by law enforcement.

A simple search on Liveleak will show you that traffic stops don't always end well for whites either. You are ignorant and intellectually dishonest. If you have a rebuttal with significant evidence to support it, I would be happy to read it. If not, please go and spread your muck elsewhere, or at least don't fling it at me.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Zimz
Lol. So colonisation would have helped them eh? Struggling to have access to basic human rights while their colonisers fed off their backs would have prevented all that eh?

Lol you're laughable.

Yes we managed to turn the place into the bread basket of Africa

This could have been maintained but revenge seems to be more important than feeding themselves.

But wait who is it they will turn to when they are starving and dying through malnutrition .

But it'll be OK as we'll hold another charity event and a raise a few million in an attempt to prevent people from dying of starvation and their own stupidity
Original post by Zimz
Idk who/what they are. Neither do I gaf. The point of the matter is that, basic human rights should not be a privilege and sometimes you have to do what you have to do to get it.

So you bring up Madiba and you actually know nothing about him. So would you justify using bombs on civilians to achieve that goal?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 145
Original post by Underscore__
Good response to a statement of fact

Posted from TSR Mobile

LOL. He gave his country it's independence and respected world wide. Try again.
Original post by Zimz
LOL. He gave his country it's independence and respected world wide. Try again.

That doesn't stop him from having a murky past.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 147
Original post by DiddyDec
That doesn't stop him from having a murky past.

Posted from TSR Mobile

His murky past was what had to happen for his country to get its freedom.
Original post by Zimz
His murky past was what had to happen for his country to get its freedom.

And the country is so much better off now?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 149
And the country is so much better off now?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It is much, much better than it was before.
Original post by Zimz
I have a very strong feeling OP is white. White folk never remove their earplugs or their blindfolds.

Hahaa loool you can tell he is.. Most likely studied Histrory at uni and now knows about every political movement on earth. I just stopped reading the nonsense on the thread after a while. A lot of them had done zero research beyond Wiki and then tried to tell me about Black History 😂😂😴
Reply 151
Original post by Delilah234
Hahaa loool you can tell he is.. Most likely studied Histrory at uni and now knows about every political movement on earth. I just stopped reading the nonsense on the thread after a while. A lot of them had done zero research beyond Wiki and then tried to tell me about Black History 😂😂😴

Just 0% knowledge 😧
Original post by Zimz
It is much, much better than it was before.

Have you been there?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 153
Have you been there?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wouldn't be speaking if I hadn't. Question is, have you?
Original post by Zimz
I wouldn't be speaking if I hadn't. Question is, have you?

Yes, I spent a while working there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 155
Yes, I spent a while working there.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Difference in opinions. The only reason why I'm lead to believe that you think it was better before than now is because you are white. It was better for the likes of YOU.
Original post by Zimz
Difference in opinions. The only reason why I'm lead to believe that you think it was better before than now is because you are white. It was better for the likes of YOU.

If it was so good why did you leave?
Reply 157
Original post by BaconandSauce
If it was so good why did you leave?

Lol because I'm not South African. I love South Africa, South Korea, Italy. But that does not mean I must stay there forever. (I'll ignore the grotesque undertones of your petty question).
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Aceadria
So, you're suggesting that stupidity is associated with race? Or only one race, e.g. white?

No it's the people who are making a fuss out of something that for once DOESN'T involve them, in this case one may think it's white people. You guys are the ones who are making Beyonce's song and video or homage to Black Panthers seem like it's soo bad. it's not about you so why y'all complaining smh
Original post by Zimz

It is not better for anyone, the whites are still the richest, the blacks the poorest and politicians still corrupt.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending