The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham offer holders 2016!

Scroll to see replies

Got an offer for Biomed :smile: so overwhelmed! Now choosing between Durham and Bristol. I applied to Hild and Bede, anyone have information on this college? And what's Durham like? I've never been, but I will be attending an open day. Also, do the colleges have their own libraries?

-If anyone's doing Biomed at Durham I would really appreciate any info you have on the course e.g. teaching style, whether or not you enjoy it etc :smile:
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by jmd04
Just received an offer for PPE :smile:
I applied to St. Aidan's (probably the only one here, but I liked the atmosphere 😁)

me too but i waited two days to check UCAS i was scared lol thank God it was good news
Reply 442
Original post by jmd04
I applied to St. Aidan's (probably the only one here, but I liked the atmosphere 😁)

May I ask when you applied and what grades you have?! Many congratulations! I'm still waiting for ppe!
Subject: Psychology BSc
Offer:AAA
College: Josephine Butler
Reply 444
Subject: Psychology BSc
Offer: Unconditional (already have A*A*B)
College: Trevelyan
Reply 445
Original post by aasdfghjkl
I just got an offer for Economics, which I was really surprised about because I'm year 14 haha, I haven't applied to a college though. My only hesitation is that Durham is known to not have a great nightlife and the work load is heavy, any opinions on this?

Congrats on your offer! Are you resitting any exams by any chance? Also, may I ask when you applied?
Subject: History BA
Offer: A*AA
College: University

Very shocked/excited but I have to choose between Durham and UCL??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got my offer for Law today!! I'm so happy and so relieved! Also, has anyone else's offer been reduced to AAA? I've applied to St Mary's so fingers crossed that's where I'm allocated.
Original post by AliceHealy
Got my offer for Law today!! I'm so happy and so relieved! Also, has anyone else's offer been reduced to AAA? I've applied to St Mary's so fingers crossed that's where I'm allocated.

Hi, i'm hoping to apply next year, so wondering what sort of grades you have. What'd you get in GCSEs and AS? and what sort of extra curriculars did you put in your ps statement? Thankyou and congratulations:biggrin:
Original post by Punkrockfan
Hi, i'm hoping to apply next year, so wondering what sort of grades you have. What'd you get in GCSEs and AS? and what sort of extra curriculars did you put in your ps statement? Thankyou and congratulations:biggrin:

Hi! I've got 6A*s and 6As at GCSE and AAAB AS (and a score of 29 on the LNAT) The most law-related extra curriculars I wrote about were my school debate club, a mock trial and going to a magistrates court to observe solicitors. I actually didn't do any actual 'work-experience' but I'd definitely recommend looking into it! Thank you and the best of luck to you next year! :smile:
Original post by AliceHealy
Hi! I've got 6A*s and 6As at GCSE and AAAB AS (and a score of 29 on the LNAT) The most law-related extra curriculars I wrote about were my school debate club, a mock trial and going to a magistrates court to observe solicitors. I actually didn't do any actual 'work-experience' but I'd definitely recommend looking into it! Thank you and the best of luck to you next year! :smile:

OMG you did so well in everything. Hope I do just as well in AS and lnat. And ye, I have a mock trail soon, and have two work experience coming up, one starting on this Monday coming and one over summer. And thank you^_^ Hope you do well in your A2s and get in:biggrin:
Original post by Punkrockfan
OMG you did so well in everything. Hope I do just as well in AS and lnat. And ye, I have a mock trail soon, and have two work experience coming up, one starting on this Monday coming and one over summer. And thank you^_^ Hope you do well in your A2s and get in:biggrin:

I'm sure you'll do great and I hope so too!! :smile:
Original post by jmd04

Congrats my PPE buddy! got an offer for PPE but applied to St. Mary's, there's still a chance to be classmates in the future!
Reply 453
Original post by AunAb
May I ask when you applied and what grades you have?! Many congratulations! I'm still waiting for ppe!

Thank you :smile: I applied on the 12th or so of October (so agees ago). I do IB so I'm not sure how helpful this will be, but I'm predicted a 43/45 (I take economics, history and English HL, biology, math and German SL)

Good luck!!
Subject: Ancient History and Archaeology
Offer: AAA
College: St John's :smile:
can they give offers over the weekend?
Reply 456
Original post by schnitzler
Anyone heard for modern languages?

Yeah I got an offer last week :smile: have you heard yet?
Reply 457
Original post by Mld120
Has anyone got an opinion on Durham vs St Andrews? :smile:
I think if I had to choose just based in the uni itself, I'd go for Durham, but I like the flexibility of the St Andrews degree + it would be free as I'm from the EU... Very torn :/

I have offers from both St Andrews and Durham and can't decide between them both! I like the flexibility of St Andrews degree but it is a year longer..
I recieved an unconditional for pharmacy foundation cannot wait will be at queens campus still waitin for allocation 😆
Reply 459
Original post by Els-12
I have offers from both St Andrews and Durham and can't decide between them both! I like the flexibility of St Andrews degree but it is a year longer..

I actually prefer that it's longer + you come out with a masters not a bachelors! I'm torn though because I like the college system in Durham and it's the top uni for English Literature... Difficult haha :/

Quick Reply

Latest