The Student Room Group

If you could be born again, where would you want to be born?.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by acupofgreentea
Seriously? :eek: No wonder, those things are meant to be humongous! Where were you? (Georgraphically, I mean. We've already established you were standing next to it in terms of physical presence. :lol:)

I feel like snakes are like art in a gallery - beautiful from a distance, but I wouldn't be in a haste to touch one (fear of concequences at the gallery, fear of venom in the case of snakes like King Cobras - you know, tomayto, tomahto :lol:).

I can't even stand to look at pictures of spiders, though. Even the word gives me the creeps. :dontknow:

India :biggrin:

I was 18 at the time so it was a rather surreal experience :lol: There were other people there as well, so I never thought it could/would cause any harm to me or anyone else (although it obviously had the capacity to do so). Maybe I'm just weird :lol:

Spiders aren't that bad IMO but I can understand why some people don't like them very much :biggrin:
I don't really want to be born again, am already kind of fed up now. But if I have to I guess I will want to born in the far future, in a relatively safe country, simply because I want to witness what's humanity's future like, be it self-destroying or God-becoming.
Original post by ||TheUnknown||
I've never talked to anyone from Luxembourg :shakehand:.

I envy you for your lingual advantages! I am only fluent in English and I guess you cant really call French GCSE fluent?

Well we have only got like 3 people who live here :biggrin:
Probably not.. But tbh I feel like your school system is not the best when it comes to languages. I did a French A Level whilst living in England and helped out in some Year 10 classes and I feel like there's not much progress...Time for the government to do something! I did one year of Spanish (3 lessons a week) before I came to England and didn't even have to go to lessons to get an A in AS Spanish! All I felt was frustration because there was not much of a progress.. Sorry for the rant :angelblush: (Maybe that was just my school though)
Original post by Adelemyqueen
Well we have only got like 3 people who live here :biggrin:
Probably not.. But tbh I feel like your school system is not the best when it comes to languages. I did a French A Level whilst living in England and helped out in some Year 10 classes and I feel like theres not much progress...Time for the government to do something! I did one year of Spanish (3 lessons a week before I came to England and didnt even have to go to lessons to get an A in AS Spanish! All I felt was frustration because there was not much of a progress.. Sorry for the rant :angelblush: (Maybe that was just my school though)

To be honest, I don't really know if that is the case in all state schools. I go to a girls' grammar (Year 11 right now) where its compulsory to do a language and the progress we make seems to be sufficient since we are quite fast paced. Maybe its just the teacher?

But I do agree with you about the lack of importance placed on lingual skills! What do they speak in Luxembourg?
Original post by ||TheUnknown||
To be honest, I don't really know if that is the case in all state schools. I go to a girls' grammar (Year 11 right now) where its compulsory to do a language and the progress we make seems to be sufficient since we are quite fast paced. Maybe its just the teacher?

But I do agree with you about the lack of importance placed on lingual skills! What do they speak in Luxembourg?

Fair enough, I gotta admit that my school wasn't brilliant in general, so I guess it depends on the school (and the teachers, some of mine didn't even speak the language properly) :smile: I'm glad they force you to do a language though! You won't regret it.

We speak Luxembourgish but start learning German in Year 1 (as we get taught in German until Year 10 where we switch to French) and French in Year 2 because all 3 of them are official languages here. :smile: Most of the people also speak English though, but we're not as good as it (can't generalise though) as we only start learning it in Year 8 or 9.
It can be annoying because you never know what language they're gonna speak when you enter a shop :biggrin:
Either Sweden, Canada or Switzerland.
Original post by Indeterminate
India :biggrin:

That makes sense! That's where they're native to, isn't it?

I was 18 at the time so it was a rather surreal experience :lol: There were other people there as well, so I never thought it could/would cause any harm to me or anyone else (although it obviously had the capacity to do so). Maybe I'm just weird :lol:

To be fair, from what I've heard, King Cobras tend to be quite intimidated by humans and shouldn't attack unless provoked. :yep: But I'd still be cautious on the offchance because that's how I roll. :u:

It must have been an amazing experience, though! India's a place I've always wanted to visit, although how impoverished some areas are is horrific.

Spiders aren't that bad IMO but I can understand why some people don't like them very much :biggrin:

I can't even pinpoint what it is exactly - I'm not the biggest fan of insects in general, but spiders are probably one of my biggest fears, even the ones we have here that are harmless.

There's just something about them ... :ninja:

I believe so. India is the cobra hotspot :lol:

To be fair, from what I've heard, King Cobras tend to be quite intimidated by humans and shouldn't attack unless provoked. :yep: But I'd still be cautious on the offchance because that's how I roll. :u:

It must have been an amazing experience, though! India's a place I've always wanted to visit, although how impoverished some areas are is horrific.

Yes, they are. They're generally not hostile, and they'll only attack something if they feel threatened by it (as you've said).

India is a very nice place but many areas are in need of development. I guess it's one of those things that may improve with time (hopefully it does) :redface:

I can't even pinpoint what it is exactly - I'm not the biggest fan of insects in general, but spiders are probably one of my biggest fears, even the ones we have here that are harmless.

Lol, I can totally see where you're coming from :yep:
Reply 68

I believe so. India is the cobra hotspot :lol:

Yes, they are. They're generally not hostile, and they'll only attack something if they feel threatened by it (as you've said).

India is a very nice place but many areas are in need of development. I guess it's one of those things that may improve with time (hopefully it does) :redface:

Lol, I can totally see where you're coming from :yep:

Aye, King Cobras are the cannibal snake - they only eat other snakes. Otherwise they are rather gentle, they only attack in self defence

Posted from TSR Mobile
Maybe some Arabic speaking country or Brazil. Some country with an extremely hard language so I could be ahead of the language game, and brag about how fluent I am in a level 4 language, lol.

I do like traditional cultures.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 70
Uk or USA
London still.

If it had to be elsewhere, New York or Saudi.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Canada. :h:
Reply 73
I wouldn't like to have been born there as it's very tough for most people but I'd love to live in Guatemala which is my favorite country.
Original post by Foo.mp3
Muswell Hill* :hmmm:

oh that place is so lush! Let's go ASAP
And crouch end too babba :h:
Australia although im scared of the spiders hahah. Or Hawaii
Original post by Foo.mp3
I'll be in London in just over a weeks time, as it happens, so were a young lady such as yourself to ask me to accompany her somewhere in the city then perhaps I could do her the honour, all being well :smile:

Spoiler

Perhaps? That's a nice gesture :h:

Oh my god,more like what might it have meant for the both of us?! I honestly just shed a tear,so painful to even think about it
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Foo.mp3
What does Jesus teach us about looking for the good in any given situation? Be glad we ever met, rather than lament that we did not meet sooner]

Maybe it just would've stopped a lot of bad things from happening but I'm happy to have known you,extremely fortunate :smile:

Luke 12:22-27

And he said to his disciples, “Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat, nor about your body, what you will put on. For life is more than food, and the body more than clothing. Consider the ravens: they neither sow nor reap, they have neither storehouse nor barn, and yet God feeds them. Of how much more value are you than the birds! And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life? If then you are not able to do as small a thing as that, why are you anxious about the rest? ...
Reply 78
i would wanna be born in NY:biggrin:
probably the us as you have just about any weather condition if you want it as well as more customers to sell and buy from

Quick Reply

Latest