The Student Room Group

For everyone who can cook decently

What's your signature dish?

Mine is my better-than-sex chocolate brownies but I also make a very good prawn biryani :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Vigorously seasoned chicken wings
mine is homemade bagels with smoked salmon and cream cheese and i also make a mean lasagne and ive also been told i make a really good white chocolate and raspberry cheesecake, but i am more of a breadmaker than cook - hence the homemade bagels haha
Original post by WBZ144
What's your signature dish?

Mine is my better-than-sex chocolate brownies but I also make a very good prawn biryani :biggrin:

Bolognese or my chocolate cake with buttercream icing
Original post by Justmoll28
mine is homemade bagels with smoked salmon and cream cheese and i also make a mean lasagne and ive also been told i make a really good white chocolate and raspberry cheesecake, but i am more of a breadmaker than cook - hence the homemade bagels haha

Gotta love smoked salmon in bagels! It all sounds yummy :smile:
Reply 6
Gnocchi and tomato bake. It's absolutely delicious. Also chocolate cake and lemon drizzle cake.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WBZ144
Gotta love smoked salmon in bagels! It all sounds yummy :smile:

haha thanks:smile: heres a pic of some bagels i made with cinnamon and raisins in the other day:smile:
IMG_4795.jpg
Original post by Rockstar North

:P
Reply 9
Jollof rice, Pasta cheese bake and fried rice.
haha thanks:smile: heres a pic of some bagels i made with cinnamon and raisins in the other day:smile:
IMG_4795.jpg

:thumbsup:
It would be nice to learn to make bagels from scratch one day.
Original post by Zimz
Jollof rice, Pasta cheese bake and fried rice.

Do you have West African roots by any chance? My mum does, so Jollof rice was a common thing to eat as a kid. Love it :smile:
Original post by WBZ144
:thumbsup:
It would be nice to learn to make bagels from scratch one day.

search on youtube, theres loads of tutorials haha
Reply 13
Original post by WBZ144
Do you have West African roots by any chance? My mum does, so Jollof rice was a common thing to eat as a kid. Love it :smile:

Hahaha I sure do. 😊

You're West African and?
Original post by Katty3
Gnocchi and tomato bake. It's absolutely delicious. Also chocolate cake and lemon drizzle cake.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It really is, lemon drizzle is one of my favourite cakes as well; simple yet delish. Better than the ones covered with too much cream and frosting.
search on youtube, theres loads of tutorials haha

Will be sure to check it out! :smile:
Original post by Zimz
Hahaha I sure do. 😊

You're West African and?

Caribbean, one of my favourite dishes from dad's native land is curried goat with rice and peas :smile:
Reply 17
I limit myself to three dishes:
- frozen pizzas.
- pasta of all kinds with all kinds of sauce, with grated parmigiano and gruyère.
- meat (usually two quarter pounders or fish) with fries, an egg and French beans, and ketchup.
Reply 18
Most of my cooking is fairly traditional, I'd say my main dish would be rack of lamb with potato dauphinoise and a red wine jus.
Original post by offhegoes
Most of my cooking is fairly traditional, I'd say my main dish would be rack of lamb with potato dauphinoise and a red wine jus.

Potato dauphinoise goes great with most dinners :thumbsup:

Quick Reply

Latest