The Student Room Group

Turkey threatens to unleash all migrants on Europe

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by Ethereal World
Well what do you think about military action in its current format? Tell me.

Did you even read my post that I linked ? Do you not have anything to say in response. I presumed correctly in this respect.

No I didn't read it. I have no opinion one way or another on the current military action.
Original post by Howard
No I didn't read it. I have no opinion one way or another on the current military action.

We are having a debate and you can't even be bothered to read my opinion which explains everything I've said so you can stop throwing ignorant retorts back at me?
Reply 102
We are having a debate and you can't even be bothered to read my opinion which explains everything I've said so you can stop throwing ignorant retorts back at me?

Your opinion doesn't interest me.
Original post by Howard
Your opinion doesn't interest me.

Thought as much. Standard.
Original post by Howard
I don't think BaconandSauce is ignorant of these things any more than I imagine you are a font of knowledge yourself. BnS just doesn't give a F about their history or geo-politics. And neither do I. Not my problem.

Of course he does, otherwise he wouldn't have gone around saying ridiculous things and linking Wikipedia pages to justify his points.

The fact that someone called him out on his ignorance on the subject at hand, to which he replied with: "Let's build a wall" demonstrates naive thinking and a total disregard for intellectual honesty.

I didn't say that we had experienced a million fold increase in raping and killing but as far as I am concerned one woman going about her daily business and being being raped at the hands of one of these people is one too many. Simple as that.

And what about those who are being raped by one of "our" people? When do we start tackling that instead of only expressing concerns for such heinous crimes when they are committed by a foreigner?

The amount of sexual assaults that were reported on NYE, was roughly around the same figure for reported rapes in the Dorset region (for the last reported year), a region that has around 98% white population and where rape report claims have astronomically increased year on year..

I'm not saying that we should only focus on crimes perpetrated by one group of people, as you are doing, but I'm highlighting the fact that your concern is factually non-existent when it comes to tackling the same heinous crimes, committed by those of a different ethnicity. You spend a disproportionate amount of time, as indeed the media does in their coverage, on crimes that occur everywhere regardless of colour or creed.
Original post by KimKallstrom
Actually EU member states (including us) have given Turkey huge amounts of money to help Turkey keep the refugees.

I also wonder why you feel Germany's and Sweden's current situations are something to aspire to. If anything we should look at them and do the exact opposite.

Your final sentence is sanctimonious drivel I'm afraid. Why are you pretending it's RAF strikes against ISIS that people are fleeing when it's actually Assad and Russian bombing along with ISIS/Jihadi groups? What's your game? Why are you so keen to point all blame and vitriol towards strikes against ISIS (which have had hardly any civilian casualties if any at all due to the precision weaponry the RAF use) instead of the indiscriminate mass bombing against innocent people conducted by Assad and Russia? It looks like you have a pretty wacked out agenda here.

There Is no agenda. I never said it was the cause. But finally someone agrees it's Assad and Russia. Thank you for that at least. But what I am saying so that you understand it clearly.

We are bombing parts of a country to get rid of the threat that Isis poses to our national security.
We are spending money on that process.
If we really want to stop Isis growing then we have to not play into their world view that it's Muslims vs us.
If we don't spend money to try and rehome the innocent Muslims it furthers their (isis) cause as there will be more disenfranchised Muslims with no option other than Assad or Isis and the latter is arguably the lesser of two evils in terms of total death toll.
So we basically turn the Middle East into a bunch of extremists with an extreme hatred of the xenophobic and right wing attitude of the west.
So the problem of Isis grows and continues to grow, whether we are bombing raqqa or not.

I am basically saying if we spend money on one thing to stop this situation then we can't be selective as a single faceted strategy will not work. That's why I'm advocating for a proper strategy and most importantly that we don't just use this as fodder for right wing nationalism and xenophobia in Europe because then we will be f***ed.
Original post by generallee
Why should my country. and my children's country be changed forever just so you can feel better about yourself?

Jog on.

None of this makes me feel good.

It is not your country nor is it your children's country. Get over yourself.
George Soros bet against our currency, I'd happily turn him over to the Russians to do whatever they like with him. Scumbag
I hope they do it will destroy any chance they have of going the Eu if the sheep called the British public vote to stay in the eu

Posted from TSR Mobile
The only reason people see the immigration of refugees as a threat is because Europe have thus far handled it badly and left it to Germany and Sweden.

how about greece / italy?
Original post by HucktheForde
how about greece / italy?

Yeah they've left it to those guys as the pressure point countries who deal with the influx. Completely agree that more support should be provided to them to handle it. But Sweden and Germany are the countries taking the refugees on after they've travelled through other European countries.
Reply 111
Original post by TheArtofProtest
And what about those who are being raped by one of "our" people? When do we start tackling that instead of only expressing concerns for such heinous crimes when they are committed by a foreigner?

The amount of sexual assaults that were reported on NYE, was roughly around the same figure for reported rapes in the Dorset region (for the last reported year), a region that has around 98% white population and where rape report claims have astronomically increased year on year..

I'm not saying that we should only focus on crimes perpetrated by one group of people, as you are doing, but I'm highlighting the fact that your concern is factually non-existent when it comes to tackling the same heinous crimes, committed by those of a different ethnicity. You spend a disproportionate amount of time, as indeed the media does in their coverage, on crimes that occur everywhere regardless of colour or creed.

I'm talking about a problem that specifically flows from an influx of refugees. Nothing you say about existing crime statistics amongst the "native" population is relevant to this topic.

However, if you must throw irrelevant statistics around with gay abandon then you should know there were 978 reported incidents of sexual offences in Dorset for 2014/2015. (Let's clarify - that's "sexual offences", not "rape" as you said above) Dorset has a population of 744,041 (2011 census) so there are 0.0013 reported sexual assaults per capita per year. That's 2.67 reported sexual assaults a day. How is this "roughly around the same figure" as 1000 reported sexual assaults in a single night in one city; Cologne?

Do your research before you challenge me.
Reply 112
Yeah they've left it to those guys as the pressure point countries who deal with the influx. Completely agree that more support should be provided to them to handle it. But Sweden and Germany are the countries taking the refugees on after they've travelled through other European countries.

Sweden are kicking half the recent cohort out because they are not bona-fide refugees.
Original post by Howard
I'm talking about a problem that specifically flows from an influx of refugees. Nothing you say about existing crime statistics amongst the "native" population is relevant to this topic.

However, if you must throw irrelevant statistics around with gay abandon then you should know there were 978 reported incidents of sexual offences in Dorset for 2014/2015. (Let's clarify - that's "sexual offences", not "rape" as you said above) Dorset has a population of 744,041 (2011 census) so there are 0.0013 reported sexual assaults per capita per year. That's 2.67 reported sexual assaults a day. How is this "roughly around the same figure" as 1000 reported sexual assaults in a single night in one city; Cologne?

Do your research before you challenge me.

Bit rich. :rofl:
Original post by Howard
Sweden are kicking half the recent cohort out because they are not bona-fide refugees.

Please read the link which is to my post on TSR (it's not a random wiki page or newspaper article like what most people do). It is my opinion on how to handle this situation effectively for our sake.

I'm not disputing that the people coming in are all bona-fide refugees. I know many of them aren't but that's through lack of strategy and control on our part. It's not the fault of the genuine refugees who still need support.

My suggestion is that if we handle it better and provide more support we can minimise as far as is reasonably possible the wrong people entering and allow the right people in. It is possible. It just doesn't seem it to people like you.

If you're not willing to read it and you don't care what I think then don't bother replying to my quotes anymore. :h:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by 雷尼克
So what? Refugees are not causing any problems.

Did you not hear about Cologne's 1000-strong gang rape on New Year's?
Its amazing, everyone here seems to have a PhD and at least 10 years of experience of Middle East Geo-politics.
Original post by 雷尼克
Exaggerated by the nationalistic conservative media. There were only three recorded rape cases.

And about 80 reported sexual assaults, with 8 people detained, all of whom were registered asylum seekers.
Original post by 雷尼克
That is still a tiny amount, and I just debunked your pathetic theory about this "1000-man strong rape gang" so quit serving the conservative media and accept that the immigrants consist of good and bad people, like every single community that exists.

My comment was hyperbole as you well know, but are ignoring that for the sake of cheaply dismissing my point. I believe your opener was 'refugees are not causing any problems', which is clearly not the case.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 119
Original post by SYYAAM97
Its amazing, everyone here seems to have a PhD and at least 10 years of experience of Middle East Geo-politics.

Yes. TSR is in fact the biggest think tank in the world. Word leaders often visit these learned pages to gain insight from our collective genius. Ban Ki Moon marvels at how solving the world's problems continues to evade the good and the great when all the answers are so simple and contained right here on the pages of TSR.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending