The Student Room Group

College fees

Does anybody know if a French classe preparatoire is considered a first degree in Cambridge ? This does not deliver any diploma, only 120 ECTS credits.
Reply 1
Original post by claravu
Does anybody know if a French classe preparatoire is considered a first degree in Cambridge ? This does not deliver any diploma, only 120 ECTS credits.

I don't think so. You need to complete a degree at a French uni (a licence) and apply for a master.
Reply 2
Original post by claravu

College fees?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Josb
I don't think so. You need to complete a degree at a French uni (a licence) and apply for a master.

Thanks, so according to you I won't have to pay the so-called College tuition fees?
Reply 4

yes sorry, this is not the right name but I just wanted to know if I'll have to pay the College tuition fees as I have followed a classe preparatoire
Reply 5
Original post by claravu
Thanks, so according to you I won't have to pay the so-called College tuition fees?

You're confusing college fees with something else. Do you have an offer from Cambridge?
Reply 6
Original post by claravu
yes sorry, this is not the right name but I just wanted to know if I'll have to pay the College tuition fees as I have followed a classe preparatoire

:lol: Why should they exempt you? You'll pay like everybody else.:biggrin:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by claravu

Original post by Josb

Home and EU students don't pay UG college tuition fees.

Everyone pays for accommodation.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 8
xxx
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by jneill
xxx

We pay it for PhDs. :rant:
Reply 10
Original post by Josb
We pay it for PhDs. :rant:

Ouch.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by Josb

there's a difference between college fees and university tuition fees. Everybody pays £9,000 tuition fees but not everybody for the college fees. Those who pay for the college fees are those who already studied for a first degree, but i don't know if a classe preparatoire is considered a first degree as I'll reach no degree at the end, only ECTS credits
Reply 12
Original post by claravu
there's a difference between college fees and university tuition fees. Everybody pays £9,000 tuition fees but not everybody for the college fees. Those who pay for the college fees are those who already studied for a first degree, but i don't know if a classe preparatoire is considered a first degree as I'll reach no degree at the end, only ECTS credits

Well you should have said that earlier. No, it is not a degree so you won't be charged. Ask them to be sure.
Reply 13
Original post by claravu

To be clear, what degree will you be reading at Cambridge?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by claravu

Are you applying as an affiliate student or for a full/normal undergraduate course?
If the former, you'll have to pay the college fee but if the latter, you don't have to, I think.
Perhaps it's better to check with CAO about your status as an applicant. (Esp.on how they treat your current qualification)
Reply 15
Original post by jneill
To be clear, what degree will you be reading at Cambridge?

Posted from TSR Mobile

a BA degree in economics
Reply 16
Original post by vincrows
Are you applying as an affiliate student or for a full/normal undergraduate course?
If the former, you'll have to pay the college fee but if the latter, you don't have to, I think.
Perhaps it's better to check with CAO about your status as an applicant. (Esp.on how they treat your current qualification)

I apply as a full time undergraduate course (a BA degree in Economics)
Original post by claravu
I apply as a full time undergraduate course (a BA degree in Economics)

Ok. A course doesn't matter. What makes a difference is whether you'll be a full undergraduate student or an affiliate student. So you'll be studying for the full years course, then?
And am I right in assuming you've been a French (or EU) citizen for a long enough to be classified as an 'EU applicant'?
If so, I don't think you'll have to pay the college fee.
But to be 100% sure, check with CAO. Just one email to them will make everything clear. :wink: their email address is on the website.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending