The Student Room Group

Why is my guy friend sometimes nice sometimes cold?

I have a guy friend. We don't talk that frequently because we don't have any classes together, but when we do it's often really deep and pleasant conversation. Last weekend we both took ACT and decided to hang out and eat together afterwards. I really had fun that day, I mean REALLY FUN and he paid the bill! However the following day he suddenly became super cold towards me. It really hurt me. It was not the first time he be like that but it really upsets me after we spent that day together. But yesterday he suddenly sent me an email asking me if I received his candy gram, again became super nice and friendly. I'm getting really confused.
Original post by dino999z
I have a guy friend. We don't talk that frequently because we don't have any classes together, but when we do it's often really deep and pleasant conversation. Last weekend we both took ACT and decided to hang out and eat together afterwards. I really had fun that day, I mean REALLY FUN and he paid the bill! However the following day he suddenly became super cold towards me. It really hurt me. It was not the first time he be like that but it really upsets me after we spent that day together. But yesterday he suddenly sent me an email asking me if I received his candy gram, again became super nice and friendly. I'm getting really confused.

Hi, sorry you haven't had any replies yet, I can't be sure but it sounds like he migh have a crush on you and feels like you're rejecting his advances? Regardless, if he's your friend, talk to him, he may be going through some personal stuff or maybe he doesn't realise he's even doing it so it's better to just talk and then you'll know :smile:
Reply 2
Because it's Winter?
He's human, can't be jolly all the time. Was it a date date or just getting a bite to eat?
Original post by dino999z

It might have had nothing to do with you. Sometimes people just get a little off and just want to be left alone/ aren't in a great mood. I wouldn't take it personally unless he is constantly hot and cold with you, and if he is then my advice is to talk to him and ask him what is going on with his behaviour because he's the only one who can give you a solid answer.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending