The Student Room Group

Are modern housewives lazy?

I assume it to be a lazy aspiration for a woman in wanting to be a housewife, when sexism is almost non existent and the gender roles have changed.

Scroll to see replies

Are you saying that raising children and making/keeping a home is no longer difficult? You should see how hard women in certain communities work, keeping an eye out for 5+ children. That's why I could never be a homemaker.

How exactly have "gender roles" changed?
Reply 2
Original post by WBZ144
Are you saying that raising children and making/keeping a home is no longer difficult? You should see how hard women in certain communities work, keeping an eye out for 5+ children. That's why I could never be a homemaker.

Yes, when compared to our grandparents era, it is much easier to maintain the house and look after children.

Women can work and have fulfilling careers, and not just be a mother and a housewife.
Sexism is almost nonexistent? If you say so... :s-smilie:
Original post by Blue_Mason
I assume it to be a lazy aspiration for a woman in wanting to be a housewife, when sexism is almost non existent and the gender roles have changed.

Sexism is almost non existent?

Thank you, dear man, for opening my eyes.
Reply 5
Original post by Alice__90

Original post by mscaffrey

Indeed I mean we have women being employed to take on important positions and roles within our society.

Women have a lot more power and influence and less boundaries to dictate in what they can and cant do.

In a nutshell sexism is almost a thing of the past, I doubt you have been refused a job for being a woman
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Alice__90

Original post by mscaffrey

Sexism is non existent in the UK in this decade. Period.
Original post by WBZ144

Their fault or choice for having 5 children m8. Pretty sure a 5 child family isn't the average family size nowadays either.

Homemaking remains a task, but modern gadgets make it easier... washing machines, dryers, blenders, mixers, better nappies, baby monitors. Obviously you dont have robots that can clean in the uk for you or robots that feed your kids but overall you cant dispute it would be easier for a mother of now to be a housewife than generations ago.
Original post by richpanda
Sexism is non existent in the UK in this decade. Period.

You are actually an idiot.
Pay gap, females in senior positons.. females in bloody parliament our soverign body compared to men for goodness sake. And so many more examples.
Reply 9
when im older i am hoping to be a housewife, not bc im lazy and uneducated as i would love to work and i am hoping to get a master after my degree. its bc i would rather sacrifice that to look after my family and children and dedicate myself to them :h:
Original post by mkap
when im older i am hoping to be a housewife, not bc im lazy and uneducated as i would love to work and i am hoping to get a master after my degree. its bc i would rather sacrifice that to look after my family and children and dedicate myself to them :h:

This is the spirit, srs.
Reply 11
This is the spirit, srs.

what does srs mean? :biggrin:
Original post by pereira325
Pay gap, females in senior positons.. females in bloody parliament our soverign body compared to men for goodness sake. And so many more examples.

Oh god, let's not get into that.
Original post by pereira325

No need to insult me, but let me counter your mentioned points, the pay gap issue has been blown out of proportion, as more and more women are working in the same positions as their male colleagues, and hence earning equal salaries.
We now have a stronger list of women candidates in politics, and they all have a voice and a presence in politics.
pereira325
pay gap

Pay gap categorically does not exist for women who entered workforce after 1990
Original post by mkap
what does srs mean? :biggrin:

it means serious, was just emphasising how much I liked your stance.
Reply 16
it means serious, was just emphasising how much I liked your stance.

oh okay, haha my stance is what i believe in :h: also dya know what inb4 means :colondollar:
Yes because those positions are held by people who don't have career breaks to have children, you white knighting cuckold

So what, they aren't entitled to have children? And just because they are women they have 9 months of pregnancy and who knows what other suffering which fathers dont. (Pls dont spout anything about dads feeling morning sickness or something) get a grip
Aspiration to be a housewife? Jesus Christ, what a waste of talent and potential.

Honestly though, I'd rather live alone than br a housewife.
Original post by scrotgrot
Pay gap categorically does not exist for women who entered workforce after 1990

Im guessing that was due to some gender law that was passed. OKAY. But it still exists according to stats... so it being legal or illegal doesn't help as people are still doing it, no? A minority but still so.

Quick Reply

Latest