The Student Room Group

Children's Nursing 2016

Scroll to see replies

Has anyone else got an offer from edgehill that they will be accepting, would be nice to get to know people I will be in university with x
[QUOTE="jessicasrowlands;62698749"]
Original post by saikhan

I'm not able to discuss what questions were asked unfortunately but don't stress yourself! I prepared loads of answers to questions that didn't even come up, the interview was fine😊 let me know how you get on, the English is just a mini essay and the maths is not that bad and I SUCK at maths. Good luck😁

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha of course! What sort of things did you revise for then? I should have worded it like that really, shouldn't I lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by carly1996
How did they go? And the Walsall campus I think? I have Stafford on 1st March and wolves on the 15th March! I'm so worried I'm not gonna pass them either X

I had my staffs interview on the 19th of jan and atill haven't heard anything. I'm starting to worry that they've forgotten about me lol. I had a test day at wolves on tuesday morning (9th of feb) and just waiting to hear back on my result! Have you done your admission tests yet? x
Original post by emmawebb
I had my staffs interview on the 19th of jan and atill haven't heard anything. I'm starting to worry that they've forgotten about me lol. I had a test day at wolves on tuesday morning (9th of feb) and just waiting to hear back on my result! Have you done your admission tests yet? x

What's the admission test? And I'm sure you'll hear soon some of them take longer than there's so good luck!x
Reply 1144
Hey all! I'm waiting to hear for dual adult and child and individual child nursing at Southampton. Was interviewed on the 6th. The wait is driving me insane!
A friend was interviewed on the 31st Jan, so two weeks today and still not heard despite being told it's only UP to 2 weeks and won't be any longer!
Arghhhhh!
Anyone else heard or waiting from these dates!? Good luck all!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PaediatricStN
Soon-to-qualify children's nurse here. Feel free to ask any questions you might have about the course or applying etc!

Joel :smile:

Where did you train ?
I mean the maths and english tests in order to get an interview, or have you already passed those and just awaiting interview? I'm waiting to hear if I passed my maths and English and I've applied for for Burton Campus as it's close the Derby where my boyfriend is from xx

Original post by carly1996
What's the admission test? And I'm sure you'll hear soon some of them take longer than there's so good luck!x
Oh! For the Coventry interview you have the maths test first and the interview after! But because I failed the maths test I didn't do the interview. And then the other two are the tests and the interview xx
[QUOTE="saikhan;62699563"]
Original post by jessicasrowlands

Haha of course! What sort of things did you revise for then? I should have worded it like that really, shouldn't I lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just revise the sample maths test they have as it was literally the same just the questions worded differently. I didn't revise anything for English cos you can't, it's just a mini essay😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi. I had middlesex tests on the 6th of Feb. they said they will reply within 5-7 days. So 5-7days is gone now and just wondering if anyone has the same situation?
Reply 1150
hi just seeing this and wondering how those who interviewed in manchester got on? any advice on what to revise before going in or any advice on what to expect would be be so appreciated i have an interview next week very nervous!
Has anyone else received a place from Chester for child nursing? I had my interview last Wednesday and they offered me a place on the Friday! It would be nice to get to know other people on the course! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LucyH1992
Hey, I have interview at Chester on 29th, what field of Nursing have you applied for? I think Child is about 16ppl they take on. Hope your interview goes well! Good Luck

I applied to child nursing, turns out they take about 30 people. They offered me a place two days later!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone not heard back from Cardiff Uni yet at all for child nursing? They're the only ones I've not heard back from at all? I've had interviews from Chester and Manchester and have been offered a place, have and UWE Bristol next week ( if anyone's had the interview and could help with what sort of questions if be forever grateful) :smile: good luck everyone!
Reply 1154
Original post by Elliestoddart
Has anyone not heard back from Cardiff Uni yet at all for child nursing? They're the only ones I've not heard back from at all? I've had interviews from Chester and Manchester and have been offered a place, have and UWE Bristol next week ( if anyone's had the interview
and could help with what sort of questions if be forever grateful) :smile: good luck everyone!

I'm sorry I'm no help at all with regards to your questions about Cardiff I'm so sorry!! Congrats on your offers could you offer any advice for Manchester, I have mine on Wednesday :smile: good luck for next week!!x
Original post by oh504
I'm sorry I'm no help at all with regards to your questions about Cardiff I'm so sorry!! Congrats on your offers could you offer any advice for Manchester, I have mine on Wednesday :smile: good luck for next week!!x

sure! The manchester interview itself lasts around 8 minutes and is quite informal, its you and 2 panelists, they were both lovely and incredibly friendly- nothing to worry about at all! One is a part of the admissions board of the uni and the other was a qualified nurse (although the later may vary I've heard other people had a mother with a sick child). Make sure you have a solid answer as to why you want to be a nurse of your specific branch (include personal experience!) and why at manchester. Also you will be given a scenario question, which was relatively simple. They stressed that the interview was to see how you come across as a person, rather than testing you knowledge of the six C's and nursing practice etc, so honestly just smile and be friendly and ensure you have some questions to ask them also. Best of luck!!
Reply 1156
Original post by Elliestoddart
sure! The manchester interview itself lasts around 8 minutes and is quite informal, its you and 2 panelists, they were both lovely and incredibly friendly- nothing to worry about at all! One is a part of the admissions board of the uni and the other was a qualified nurse (although the later may vary I've heard other people had a mother with a sick child). Make sure you have a solid answer as to why you want to be a nurse of your specific branch (include personal experience!) and why at manchester. Also you will be given a scenario question, which was relatively simple. They stressed that the interview was to see how you come across as a person, rather than testing you knowledge of the six C's and nursing practice etc, so honestly just smile and be friendly and ensure you have some questions to ask them also. Best of luck!!

Thank you so much you are a lifesaver!!!!! I've been so scared as I've heard Manchester are hard for interviews but I think I would love to attend it, thanks so much honestly I can't thank you enough I'm glad it's informal too so they can more so get to know you thanks so much would you recommend going over any sort of recent news stories, or any other sort of advice other than the great advice you've given already lol? Thank you so so much!!!! Best of luck to you too for the rest of yours!
Its half term week. Does anyone knpw if admissions are running?
Original post by Madam6
Its half term week. Does anyone knpw if admissions are running?

They should be. Uni's don't have half terms :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone had an interview for Stafford or Wolverhampton?! X

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending