The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3760
Original post by AliRizzo
Nah, that's the one thing which makes me confident we'll get a result.

Ranieri has shown that, like Wenger, he is stubborn and won't compromise. I have no reason to believe that Leicester will 'out football' Arsenal at the Ems, if it's still 0-0 after 30 mins I think we'll win comfortably, but it's important that we don't concede early otherwise there will be massive pressure on the players from our annoying fans and Leicester will be confident.

Also hoping Spurs will lose at City, they need to be put back in their place. No way City loses two home games in a row.

Lol at the notion that our fans will turn up. I'll be at the Clock end, by the Leicester fans and expect absolutely no one to join in with the chants.

It'll be a massive game for Gabriel imo, he'll need to be so disciplined (hope Wenger doesn't start Mert)

We need a massive game from all our players, and if we do we will win comfortably.

Hope City & Spurs draw tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SA-1
Lol at the notion that our fans will turn up. I'll be at the Clock end, by the Leicester fans and expect absolutely no one to join in with the chants.

It'll be a massive game for Gabriel imo, he'll need to be so disciplined (hope Wenger doesn't start Mert)

We need a massive game from all our players, and if we do we will win comfortably.

Hope City & Spurs draw tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile

Heard some rumours that Gab was injured. If true, Mertesacker is one lucky fuc*ing **** who always manages to claw his way back into the team. But yeh Gab needs to be on his game.

Also need the donkey to turn up again, he's been very quiet recently.
We literally did that in the away game and beat them 2-5. Leicester are the ones who should show a little respect and shouldn't be looking to come and play a high line, not many teams can do that at the Emirates and get a result.

They demolished City at the Etihad and were playing a CB partnership of Morgan and Schluppe when you beat them. I know you have to fill the deluded Gooner quota for the FF but come on
Anyone who watched City Leicester last week would know it would be silly to play a high line. Vardy ran in behind and was through on goal 2 or 3 times, and if it wasn't for good goalkeeping by Joe Hart it could have been embarrassing for City.
Original post by Jimmy Seville
They demolished City at the Etihad and were playing a CB partnership of Morgan and Schluppe when you beat them. I know you have to fill the deluded Gooner quota for the FF but come on

Still replying to my posts, jeez you can't get enough of me. City were also demolished by an inferior Liverpool at the Etihad, results there are starting to mean nothing. Your arguments are always so baseless and you think you actually know anything related to football, which is what makes it even funnier. Like I said before, do one.
Still replying to my posts, jeez you can't get enough of me. City were also demolished by an inferior Liverpool at the Etihad, results there are starting to mean nothing. Your arguments are always so baseless and you think you actually know anything related to football, which is what makes it even funnier. Like I said before, do one.

lmao so when i provide sources and links to arguments they are baseless, but when you say shite like 'it was made up by salty Spurs fans' thats a fact?

Feel bad for you man, can't be easy living in a little messed up world with the likes of the AFTV crew
Original post by ClockEnderAFC
Anyone who watched City Leicester last week would know it would be silly to play a high line. Vardy ran in behind and was through on goal 2 or 3 times, and if it wasn't for good goalkeeping by Joe Hart it could have been embarrassing for City.

Goalkeeper saves are all well and part of the game. Newcastle also destroyed our high line but no one will be saying that we shouldn't play a high line against them in the next game. The reality is Leicester scored 2/3 from the last game from set pieces and couldn't finish their dinner as regularly as you would expect them to. I'd take our chances again if it means an end to end game like we did away from home. Remember we were 0-1 down and Vardy Hit the bar, we then broke away and Theo scored. Could well and be the same thing again tomorrow, but it will be more in our favour.
(edited 8 years ago)
lmao so when i provide sources and links to arguments they are baseless, but when you say shite like 'it was made up by salty Spurs fans' thats a fact?

Feel bad for you man, can't be easy living in a little messed up world with the likes of the AFTV crew

What sources and links are you talking about? You used to come on this thread and spout nonsense 24/7 about it until you got called out. And yeh, you're right, it was probably made up by salty Chelsea fans like yourself.

You also love talking about the AFTV crew for some reason. You wanna be an Arsenal fan so bad it actually hurts.
Face it, thanks to the internet anyone can waste lots of time and get worked up over things that don't really matter to them. Arsenal can win whatever they want and still have detractors, those are just having louder voices atm because of our repeated inability to win any prizes that they care about.

The detractors follow a simple flowchart:
"You haven't won anything for x years! And you call yourself a 'big' club?!"
(you win a trophy)
"You haven't won the league for x years! And you call yourself a 'big' club?!"
(you win the league)
"You haven't won the Champions League! And you call yourself the biggest club?!"
(you win the Champions League)
"You haven't won it more times than us!"
(but by the time you do, the detractors are all dead or the CL becomes so irrelevant that nobody cares if you win it)
(edited 8 years ago)
Goalkeeper saves are all well and part of the game. Newcastle also destroyed our high line but no one will be saying that we shouldn't play a high line against them in the next game. The reality is Leicester scored 2/3 from the last game from set pieces and couldn't finish their dinner as regularly as you would expect them to. I'd take our chances again if it means an end to end game like we did away from home. Remember we were 0-1 down and Vardy Hit the bar, we then broke away and Theo scored. Could well and be the same thing again tomorrow, but it will be more in our favour.

Newcastle game was a one off. Leicester have been playing like that all season; letting the opponent have more of the ball, and then counter attack and get in behind a high line. If they come forward and play a high line, like in September, we'll kill them.
Original post by leinad2012
Buzzing to see Monreal expose Mahrez and Messi for the frauds they really are in the next month....:frown:

Would love a guy love Mahrez at Arsenal, that RW spot is wide open at our club and he'd be the perfect fit. Shame he'd never come to us though when half of Europe's elite must be hitting him up.

Look who scored twice today

Posted from TSR Mobile
Our defence could do with a few lessons from West Brom. Mertesacker-Koscielny is nothing special, it was Arteta-Ramsey "keep ball" that made our 2013 defensive record flattering
Original post by sr90
Look who scored twice today

Posted from TSR Mobile

Look who scored another pen.... Like I said, mans a top fraud
When you find out Deeney has scored 5 non-penalty goals this season.... And that one of those was an OG....
Original post by shawn_o1
Face it, thanks to the internet anyone can waste lots of time and get worked up over things that don't really matter to them. Arsenal can win whatever they want and still have detractors, those are just having louder voices atm because of our repeated inability to win any prizes that they care about.

The detractors follow a simple flowchart:
"You haven't won anything for x years! And you call yourself a 'big' club?!"
(you win a trophy)
"You haven't won the league for x years! And you call yourself a 'big' club?!"
(you win the league)
"You haven't won the Champions League! And you call yourself the biggest club?!"
(you win the Champions League)
"You haven't won it more times than us!"
(but by the time you do, the detractors are all dead or the CL becomes so irrelevant that nobody cares if you win it)

swear you're one of the detractors tho
Looking forward to quoting all this tomorrow in the middle of another WengerOut meltdown.

Even if you do avoid defeat we wll know you'll bottle it later down the line and it'll be win-win for me either way.
Original post by difeo
swear you're one of the detractors tho

Shawn suggested a back three of Bellerin-Mertesacker-Koschielny against MSN. Guys a pretty good troll. Got all the Arsenal fans on here tied round his finger and they don't even know it.

He's still a nonce though
Shawn suggested a back three of Bellerin-Mertesacker-Koschielny against MSN. Guys a pretty good troll. Got all the Arsenal fans on here tied round his finger and they don't even know it.

He's still a nonce though

Fair play to Adam Johnson still being active on social media like this despite his trial. shawn_o1 is a pretty weird username though.
He doesn't care as long as he gets someone's jeans off.
Playing a high line vs leicester is stupid.

Leicester ain't even going to play a high line vs you lot. They'll press with their front 2/3 and look to knick the ball early, or if you lose the ball in the defensive third look to transition with pace. They like the early ball via the flanks, or if they have space in midfield Kante tends to run with the ball.

Latest