The Student Room Group

Do you and your other half still go on dates?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lawyer12345
excuse me? :confused:

your clearly digging at my age and the fact i have 3 kids. so what, whats the problem? yes i may only be nearly 23 but its not bothering anyone. jeez
Original post by shawtyb
your clearly digging at my age and the fact i have 3 kids. so what, whats the problem? yes i may only be nearly 23 but its not bothering anyone. jeez

wtf i just asked asked a question no need to get so defensive :erm:

i didnt know your age; if i did i wouldn't have asked.
wtf i just asked asked a question no need to get so defensive :erm:

i didnt know your age; if i did i wouldn't have asked.

but what does my age matter?
and the only reason iv got so defensive is because everyone on here seems so judgemental over the fact im young with kids and people cant seem to stop reminding me and quite frankly its getting rather annoying.
Original post by shawtyb
and the only reason iv got so defensive is because everyone on here seems so judgemental over the fact im young with kids and people cant seem to stop reminding me and quite frankly its getting rather annoying.

i was just curious how old you were.

but i can understand why being asked constantly can be frustrating for you.
Been together for several years, I take her everywhere I go and she helps me lift stuff. When we're home, the only intimacy we get is when we're in bed and she usually has a hands on approach.
Reply 25
i was just curious how old you were.

but i can understand why being asked constantly can be frustrating for you.

But if she had a profile picture of a woman who looked in her 30s/40s would you have asked her age?
Original post by shawtyb

That's absolutely terrible that you have 3 children. That's just terrible.
Original post by Tw1x
But if she had a profile picture of a woman who looked in her 30s/40s would you have asked her age?

Then I would not be as interested in her age, so probably not.

Your point? I already conceded I was interested in her age.
Been together for 6 years. We go out for dates every two weeks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BurstingBubbles
With Valentine's coming up, I was wondering if people celebrate their love and have dates throughout the year? How long have you been with your partner/other half? Do you still go on dates together? If so, what do you do and how often? :h:

2.5 years, getting married next week (only civil wedding though, proper ceremony and reception is in the summer).

Couples don't go on dates though. By definition, a date is something people do who don't know them very well yet. A date is a meet-up to see if you're right for each other.

Couples "go out" together, or "go for a dinner" or "for a movie" or "to a fun fair", but not on dates.
Wil be 2 years in June. Birthdays and the main holidays. Define what a 'date' is. Is it just going somewhere together?
My ex (dated for 3 years) - We went on a date almost every week.
Pizza, cinema, walks.
We couldn't see each other a lot of the time because we lived in different areas, so those weekly dates were really special.

He's now one of my closest friends and we still go on our "dates", just as friends.
We don't unfortunately, as my other half is non existent
Shaw tyb
I agree with your sentiment, and there is never to be found more age prejudice than when in the company of students. You my be under twenty, and equally, you may be well over, but either way nothing, including your real age, is even begun to be known about you merely on account of this. One of my lodgers, Madison, a student, is constantly taken on dates. It`s made her boyfriend very fat, but she`s remained nice and lean!! Perhaps to genuinely care about a person is not to keep jamming more grub into them.? I believe that one`s brain is required to be in gear first, before the caring can be said to be genuine - It is n`t caring/love if health is n`t put first! It may be self love however.
(edited 8 years ago)
We ended up going out for Valentine's day. We usually never do anything for it but today he told me we needed butter so I got dressed to go to Asda and when he drove past Asda, I asked where we were going and he said "you'll see" and then he took us to a restaurant, just our local Brewers Fayre and we had a meal :smile: we went down the beach afterwards and watched the sun setting too which was nice. Just got back home. Was a nice surprise :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Spock's Socks
We ended up going out for Valentine's day. We usually never do anything for it but today he told me we needed butter so I got dressed to go to Asda and when he drove past Asda, I asked where we were going and he said "you'll see" and then he took us to a restaurant, just our local Brewers Fayre and we had a meal :smile: we went down the beach afterwards and watched the sun setting too which was nice. Just got back home. Was a nice surprise :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Food is fine, I mean, when you need food, but not if they keep tempting you with it when they know that you are watching your figure. Then it can have a lot more to say for what they want to do. I believe that the best relationships are mutually always most concerned to fulfill the partners expectations. It`s very cold for the beach, what, you spent all this time there??
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by IrrationalRoot
That's absolutely terrible that you have 3 children. That's just terrible.

Big deal, i had my first one when i was 13, modern day kids just know nothing about responsibility!
You can wish that you had them later in life, that bit is terrible, but obviously, it would be equally terrible to wish them away. Even one of my lodgers, at twenty four, sometimes wishes that she was still without that responsibility. She is a great mother and loves them to bits despite it. It`s just a great shame that her former partner is a psychopath.
I do my best to avoid my partner and bail out of dates.
You are not alone, more than half of the girls which stay with me have been involved, or otherwise are involved, in compromising relationships. Too many guys are beneath the veneer just out for themselves.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending