The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lawyer12345
Absolutely ****ing vile how some people could treat their own flesh and blood so despicably.

These people are not humans and do not deserve to have children. If you do not have unconditional love for your own children then you are, quite frankly, sub-human scum.

Having children is a privilege, not a right.

This.

Children are a blessing from God. End of.
Reply 81
Original post by lawyer12345
How is atheism a religion?

Did they teach you that in Saudi Arabia?

you know what i meant and actually i was educated in the UK
Reply 82
Original post by Yawn!

answers my question about one religion...
Original post by kandykissesxox
See, I wasn't made aware of the Liberty in Hinduism. My grandad focuses heavily on the "worshiping" element of the religion and in all honesty, it just was not my thing. I prayed when I needed something good to happen to me, other than that I didn't bother.

I don't think I'm a bad Hindu. I still fulfill the traditions, I still visit temples when I can and I'm generally a good individual but like you said, one can still achieve Moksha in other forms.

I felt as though my prayers were never answered so I basically lost faith.

I see. But then, should Hinduism really be classified as a religion if it give so much space for liberty and developing self-awareness? Because essentially, if from what I know is correct, you can achieve Moksha by simply being a moral and righteous person.

Nonetheless, you're right. You don't have to be part of a religion to be a good or bad person.
Original post by mkap
hey bully, get your facts right, i moved here not just because it is KSA but because my dad got a job here. its not full time. since when do i condone killing anyone who doesnt believe in what i believe in, even muslims?! just because i live in saudi? well all the muslims and non muslims living in saudi too must beleive that too.

Spoiler

i should be ignoring you but i'll just end this here

(Original post by Satoshii)
sad times u live in a wahhabi countryYour calling Saudi a Wahabi country? Whats so different from how saudi practices Islam compared to when the prophet did? Is it because theres no Bidah there? well guess what the prophet didnt do it too...

That is what YOU said, when i criticised wahhabism and Saudi you came to the defence by practically saying the Prophet and Islam is Wahhabism, i didn't say everyone in KSA is savage (christians, shias, jews aren't), but certainly you are for coming to the defence of such an extreme sector. Oh did you forget what you posted just the other day?

pfft
Guys, no religion teaches hatred and killing. Please stop accusing each other. If you guys really want to know about any religion then read about it rather than getting reviews from individuals. Most of the followers dont even know themselve what is written in the book, they follow because they are born Christian, Jews , Hindus, Muslims. So no point of getting any individual's opinion.
@mkap what's so different between how the prophet and saudi practised islam for one wasn't the prophet teaching kids in school how to amputate and 2 omg why am i even trying

http://www.jihadwatch.org/2011/12/saudi-textbooks-instruct-children-in-how-to-carry-out-amputations-for-sharia-punishments
Original post by FahadJamal
Most of the followers dont even know themselves what is written in the book, they follow because they are born Christian, Jews , Hindus, Muslims.

Well at least we agree on that. :smile:
Original post by Yawn!
Funnily enough the guy in your pic probably thinks you're going to hell.....but he'll happily take your money at the box office in the meantime. You know what they say - 'A fool and his money are soon parted'. :lol:

I highly doubt that. If that was the case, he wouldn't have married a Hindu and raised his children with both beliefs.

Regardless, not every Muslim holds that view - it's not for us to say who will and who won't go to hell/heaven.
It's actually a kindness to be disowned by such a person. :rofl:
Whatever happened to "there is no compulsion in Islam"?

Kicking your own child out of the house and rendering them homeless, just because they don't subscribe to your personal beliefs, seems like coercion bordering on compulsion to me.
Original post by fire_and_ice
I see. But then, should Hinduism really be classified as a religion if it give so much space for liberty and developing self-awareness? Because essentially, if from what I know is correct, you can achieve Moksha by simply being a moral and righteous person.

Nonetheless, you're right. You don't have to be part of a religion to be a good or bad person.

Even though my dad is an athiest, I know that something divine will happen to him in the afterlife. It's seriously not the end, he's is the most righteous indivual I know.

I think Hinduism should still be classed as a religion, a lot of the Hindus I know are quite traditional and some are just ignorant on the outlook of achieving moksha in more than one way.

They believe that being a worshipper of God is the only way forward. I disagree.

If you are a respectful and kind human being then there is no reason to believe that you will not reach moksha.
Original post by arfah
I think what those parents did was justifiable. I know they're your children but if you're a true Muslim you believe that non Muslims don't go to paradise. Who would want their children in hell for eternity? I certainly understand their point of view.
lol. So the parents don't get their own way and throw the toys out of the pram?

Believing made up stories and fairy tales is clearly more important than anything else.

I pity your children.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 93
Original post by Satoshii
@mkap what's so different between how the prophet and saudi practised islam for one wasn't the prophet teaching kids in school how to amputate and 2 omg why am i even trying

http://www.jihadwatch.org/2011/12/saudi-textbooks-instruct-children-in-how-to-carry-out-amputations-for-sharia-punishments

Just because i am in Saudi arabia does not mean that i agree with EVERYTHING that goes on here, its like saying just because i am from the UK means i agree with the syria airstrikes and i am responsible. your making it out that i wrote the bloody text book. Im only in Saudi arabia 1. because the Ka'bah is here 2. my dad got a teaching job here. once his job is over then im out of here.

when i was referring to how the prophet carried out Islam compared to KSA i was talking about the concepts of religion its self e.g no bidah, just following the sunnah, i wasnt referring to the fact about the 40+ killings and justifiying the extremism here.
Original post by mkap
Just because i am in Saudi arabia does not mean that i agree with EVERYTHING that goes on here, its like saying just because i am from the UK means i agree with the syria airstrikes and i am responsible. your making it out that i wrote the bloody text book. Im only in Saudi arabia 1. because the Ka'bah is here 2. my dad got a teaching job here. once his job is over then im out of here.

when i was referring to how the prophet carried out Islam compared to KSA i was talking about the concepts of religion its self e.g no bidah, just following the sunnah, i wasnt referring to the fact about the 40+ killings and justifiying the extremism here.

you said quote: "Your calling Saudi a Wahabi country? Whats so different from how saudi practices Islam compared to when the prophet did?" so stop lying pls

your a muslim and obviously follow the prophet, so what you said above unless you don't follow the prophet means you 100% support saudi arabias fabricated version of islam, now try and tell me you didn't say otherwise? thought so
The most I could do as a parent is discuss my child's opinion on Islam.

It's wrong to force a belief on someone, everyone has the right to have their own choices in life.
Original post by Lord Samosa
I mean you were just judging SRK because of his religion, it seemed a bit unreasonable.

I understand where you're coming from, hearing that "you're not Muslim so you'll go to hell" can sound a aggressive in your view. But I don't think Islam is the only religion with that view, and of course the average Muslim doesn't walk around thinking "you're going to hell, and so are you, and you."

Yeah there are some people with dodgy views, but I don't believe they're in the majority, at least it doesn't feel like that to me.

Islam doesn't say that non Muslims will go to hell. It says that any individual who is a good human will be judged on his deeds. This is my understanding of Islam tbh.
Original post by FahadJamal
No one can decide who will go to heaven or hell except God. In order to go to heaven you dont need to be a Muslim and Quran does not say it. Christians/Jews and other religions are also from God and people who follow these religion will go to Heaven.

OMG!! Thank you so much!!

So nice to see a Muslim who actually understand Islam's stance on such issues. :smile:
Original post by undercxver
The most I could do as a parent is discuss my child's opinion on Islam.

It's wrong to force a belief on someone, everyone has the right to have their own choices in life.

Thank you, girl! This is exactly what I would do as a mother too.

Also, how can Muslims impose their religion on their children when Islam says that there is no compulsion in religion!!?

Like seriously, such Muslims needs to understand Islam first and then talk.
Original post by BrokenLife
Islam doesn't say that non Muslims will go to hell. It says that any individual who is a good human will be judged on his deeds. This is my understanding of Islam tbh.

I didn't even know that, this is why I don't get into debates about religion normally, I don't have the knowledge :lol:

On another note, I think only like two people indicated they'd disown their child, I'm not sure where all the uproar is coming from :s-smilie:

Latest

Trending

Trending