The Student Room Group
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames

kingston uni

does this universities offer free E-books and printing?
Original post by khatiya
does this universities offer free E-books and printing?

Hi khatiya,

We have a wide range of online materials, including E-books. The university does not offer free printing, but it is cheap.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help with.

Chloe :smile:
Student Ambassador
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames
Reply 2
so would the students receive free electronic textbooks for every module on their courses?
Original post by khatiya
so would the students receive free electronic textbooks for every module on their courses?

Hi Khatiya,

No there will be books that need to be purchased for your course and module. Of course it is different for each course. What are you hoping to study?

Thanks,

Student Ambassador
Reply 4
primary education BA
Original post by khatiya
primary education BA

Hi khatiya,

There is a large number of books in the library for Primary teaching, however there will be books you will need to purchase. Generally every course will have core texts that students are expected to buy.

I hope this helps,

Student Ambassador
Reply 6
would it be weird if i recommended/suggested that I think the university would benefit from a form of learning platform called “kortext”which is taking a different approach to teaching which allows students to access books for each module online and for free without having to carrying piles of heavy books to and they can access it through their pc, laptop,tablet or smartphone.

Also,allowing student but staff can benefit from it as they can Search, highlight,add notes, share, print, copy, paste, and Create collaborative groups, instruct and share notes and teachers wouldn't have to search around looking for a books when it can accessed form their computer screens
Original post by khatiya
would it be weird if i recommended/suggested that I think the university would benefit from a form of learning platform called “kortext”which is taking a different approach to teaching which allows students to access books for each module online and for free without having to carrying piles of heavy books to and they can access it through their pc, laptop,tablet or smartphone.

Also,allowing student but staff can benefit from it as they can Search, highlight,add notes, share, print, copy, paste, and Create collaborative groups, instruct and share notes and teachers wouldn't have to search around looking for a books when it can accessed form their computer screens

Thank you khatiya, I will pass this on. As I have said though, we do have a wide range of online resources already. Some lecturers also would like a paper copy in lectures due to preference. I don't know if that's the case in Primary Teaching, but in English Literature we are all told we need a paper copy of texts where possible for annotation.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with,

Chloe
Student Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending