The Student Room Group

uni is too easy, what can i do in spare time?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Justmoll28
do overtime maybe? what is it youre studying?

LLM in commercial law. its the way the course is structured, like a workout video its mad for a few weeks but then you can "rest" for most of the term

(youre not supposed to rest but since they structure the questions to particular seminars theres no need to do reading as you go along, unless you have no background in law,which i do)
The amount of people commenting who can't see the OP is a blatant troll depresses me greatly.
Original post by Shumaya
Start doing things that'll increase your chances of getting a good job?

think of it like this; ive done most of the things a person who is ambivalent about their future would do eg work experience at law firms,involved in uni society projects, resident assistant etc but havent done the kind of things that a dogged,determined over their future person would do eg landed a vacation scheme, president of society etc
Original post by DIN-NARYU-FARORE
think of it like this; ive done most of the things a person who is ambivalent about their future would do eg work experience at law firms,involved in uni society projects, resident assistant etc but havent done the kind of things that a dogged,determined over their future person would do eg landed a vacation scheme, president of society etc

Then do those things? You may as well, you have the time
Play Starcraft 2 and plan your future career as a pro-gamer in Korea.
Original post by Shumaya
Then do those things? You may as well, you have the time

probably not. its the middle of the year and the masters will end by the time the next round of oppourtunitees come to be advertised. by that time i would have graduated as a masters students
Original post by Jimmy Seville
The amount of people commenting who can't see the OP is a blatant troll depresses me greatly.

i wish i was a troll
Reply 47
take a part-time job --> make considerate amount of money --> then explore the other part of the UK or neighbouring countries
Fap
work is not stimulating enough to do as it goes along. lecturers more or less teach material in seminars so no point doing pre reading. even though i do coursework last minute i get good grades because essay titles are generally centered around a certain topic so you just do reading for the class the topic is around +journals. so for the majority of term not doing much and just waiting for essay titles. trying to pick up on coding as a hobby in spare time(although thats not going too well due to lack of self discipline) can anyone else suggest other things to do? or advice in coding?

Switch to engineering.
Original post by ServantOfMorgoth
Switch to engineering.

too late
Have you decided not to enter the profession? As you are so clever why not become an academic with a bit of pro starcraft and coding on the side?
too late

If you already know law, and can walk the law degree, why don't you become a lawyer when you graduate?

What seems to be the problem with this idea?
Original post by john2054
If you already know law, and can walk the law degree, why don't you become a lawyer when you graduate?

What seems to be the problem with this idea?

The field is saturated and i did not go to a russell group . i dont mind working hard but there are way too many maybes in that area for anyone but the most determined to go into
The field is saturated and i did not go to a russell group . i dont mind working hard but there are way too many maybes in that area for anyone but the most determined to go into

i also didn't go to a russell group. just out of interest which uni are you at? I am at derby btw

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending