The Student Room Group

Found a iPhone, tried to keep it but returned it, would I get charged?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kisho6
I don't know because I did not have an intention of returning it. And it was given to me so I tried to restore it, so I can sell it. If I wanted the phone, I could have got someone else to unlock it

Which makes you a right royal ********.

Somebody loses their phone and your first thought after finding it isn't "I should try and return this", it's "oh great, free phone for me".

Scumbag.
Original post by kisho6
5s and she told me it was a company phone so she got hers replaced, but the she only wanted the photos to be exact, but then I did try to take it even though it wasn't my property, would they charge me for that as it can called attempted theft

My dad found a blackberry and he called the guys mum the next day to return it. It was in our house for a whole day as he found it at night so was late to call up. He never got charged the guy was thankful.
They can't do nothing to you just say you tried to find out who it belonged to that's it. Just chill.
Reply 22
Original post by kisho6
She knew the phone as trying to be stolen as it as restored but she doesn't think it's me, but my mate.

Well, I doubt your mate would remain silent...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
People are ignoring the fact that what makes our phones so important to us IS THE DATA, our lives, and you deleted it for your gain. A phone can be replaced with insurance or some cash, photos, contacts private information that may have unintentionally not backed up IS priceless and in deleted that information for your own gain is a criminal act.
Reply 25
Original post by 999tigger
Technically yes, but highly unlikely. She has the phone back which is the main point and the police have better things to do. Wont all her photos be on icloud? Of it was locked then, restoring it when it isnt yours looks highly suspicious becayse you are circumventing secuirty measures when you know it isnt yours. I wouldnt worry though.

She knew the phone was trying to be stolen, but think it's my mate. Haha but all these comments are making me worry not going to lie
Reply 26
I hope your future career was worth it lol

Nobody will hire a thief.
Reply 27
Original post by PJ
People are ignoring the fact that what makes our phones so important to us IS THE DATA, our lives, and you deleted it for your gain. A phone can be replaced with insurance or some cash, photos, contacts private information that may have unintentionally not backed up IS priceless and in deleted that information for your own gain is a criminal act.

Fair enough
Original post by kisho6
She knew the phone was trying to be stolen, but think it's my mate. Haha but all these comments are making me worry not going to lie

I wouldnt worry. Police and CPS have better things to do. Doubr the owner will be bothered enough.

That is unless theers evidence you tried to sell it on etc.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 29
Original post by 999tigger
I wouldnt worry. Police and CPS have better things to do. Doubr the owner will be bothered enough.

That is unless theers evidence you tried to sell it on etc.

There's is evidence as it was restored and I kinda to,d them that I restored but they somehow thought that it was my mate who tried to steal it :/
Reply 30
Original post by Gul89
Your a snake. I hope someone finds you through your picture and exposes you ****in snake.

**You're
Original post by kisho6
There's is evidence as it was restored and I kinda to,d them that I restored but they somehow thought that it was my mate who tried to steal it :/

They cant prove who it was unless they have evidence.
The police wont be interested.
The owner might be annoyed, but they will forget about it as it was returned.

Be careful about getting a criminal record though as it could really blight your employment opportunities.
Reply 32
Original post by kisho6
Okay, long story short, my mate found a phone and gave it to me since I don't have one,
I tried to them restore it so I can use it again, but then got stuck as it was locked by activation code.
So I just left it and contacted the owner on Facebook and returned it
But then they knew the phone was restored but I told them it was my mate.

So would they charge anything against my mate, (if it does come to that situation, I would take the blame because it was me)
I returned the phone and she was upset because he pictures are gone. So would they charge anything against me such as attempt robbery?
Or could they go to the police ? Would anything happen to me such criminal record against me and such? Could they do anything since all photos were deleted?

Halfway crook. You did right in the end I guess.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending