The Student Room Group

Describe your day at uni - everyone else try and guess what subject they're studying

Scroll to see replies

Lecture on HSPs
Lecture on CCMs
Talking to supervisor about how annoyed chickens will get if you keep turning the lights on at night
Spent afternoon in a white coat enjoying many different cultures
Original post by Quantex

Spent afternoon in a white coat enjoying many different cultures

Anthropology or biology?

Or yoghurt maker :holmes:
Hmm, well:

Yesterday I had a 2 hour workshop at 9 AM. Problems were solved, Swinglish was spoken (our lecturer is Swedish) and hilarity ensued. Then a break for lunch and a 3 hour lab at 2 PM. Safety regulations were thrown at us, data was plotted on computer screens, graphs were printed out and diagrams drawn.

Today I had a lecture about a function and its application. Then I had another lecture where diagrams and equations were drawn in chalk on a blackboard. Then I had a third lecture where we spent half the time chatting about a recent discovery and the other half on exam prep.

What do I do?
Original post by AureusLupin
Hmm, well:

Yesterday I had a 2 hour workshop at 9 AM. Problems were solved, Swinglish was spoken (our lecturer is Swedish) and hilarity ensued. Then a break for lunch and a 3 hour lab at 2 PM. Safety regulations were thrown at us, data was plotted on computer screens, graphs were printed out and diagrams drawn.

Today I had a lecture about a function and its application. Then I had another lecture where diagrams and equations were drawn in chalk on a blackboard. Then I had a third lecture where we spent half the time chatting about a recent discovery and the other half on exam prep.

What do I do?

Physics? :s-smilie:
Original post by ivybridge
Physics? :s-smilie:

Yes, astrophysics. But can you tell me what the recent discovery was?
Yes, astrophysics. But can you tell me what the recent discovery was?

Nope... my interest in astrophysics is nonexistent haha
Original post by ivybridge
Nope... my interest in astrophysics is nonexistent haha

It is very interesting; we've at last detected the gravitational waves that were predicted by Einstein, from the merging of two black holes.
It is very interesting; we've at last detected the gravitational waves that were predicted by Einstein, from the merging of two black holes.

Awesome... I have no idea what any of this actually is but it sounds pretty valuable and interesting. Cool.
Original post by sophiesmall
today wanted to blow my brains out trying find sources for theophylline use in cirrhotic patients vs theophylline overdose to answer very specific assignment questions.

medicine or something in pharmocology? Either way it's fantastic 🙌🏻.
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
:teehee:

Who wants to go first?

wake around 8, be in uni for 9:30ish, go into the studio and work on the current project until around 1, grab some lunch with my friends/boyfriend, go into the library and research for my seminar visual presentation or my visual essay for a couple hours, go home, make food, watch tv/netflix, do a little more work on the project in my sketchbook or on my mac, sleep

have a guess:wink:
Original post by Reyhan2506
medicine or something in pharmocology? Either way it's fantastic 🙌🏻.

Biomedical science. I find it mostly very dull tbh :tongue:
Original post by Kyx
PRSOM :wink:

were basically brothers
Original post by thecatwithnohat
*not in uni*

guess? :colonhash:.

plumbing internship
Original post by SophieSmall
Biomedical science. I find it mostly very dull tbh :tongue:

thought it was media tbh...
Stay up till 6. Sleep through all lectures. Eat. Watch a film. Play video game. Think about working. Stay up doing stuff. Repeat.
Original post by Justmoll28
wake around 8, be in uni for 9:30ish, go into the studio and work on the current project until around 1, grab some lunch with my friends/boyfriend, go into the library and research for my seminar visual presentation or my visual essay for a couple hours, go home, make food, watch tv/netflix, do a little more work on the project in my sketchbook or on my mac, sleep

have a guess:wink:

Media/Drama and theatre studies ?
Original post by trustmeimlying1
thought it was media tbh...

Lol what?
Original post by cherryred90s
Media/Drama and theatre studies ?

wrong haha by studio i mean more of a big room with lots of desk space, macs, printmaking area etc
wrong haha by studio i mean more of a big room with lots of desk space, macs, printmaking area etc

Design & technology? Idk :frown:

Graphic design?

Quick Reply

Latest