The Student Room Group
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website

University of Essex Applicants 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jasmine21898
I have a group interview for English Language and Linguistics on February 10th, is anyone else going? I'm really nervous, what will happen in a group interview? Also, I know it says casual dress in the letter but what does that actually mean? Would jeans be okay?

Hello,

I think I might have said this earlier in this thread so sorry if I am repeating myself.
I just wanted to say that the person who interviews you will be focused on what you are saying rather than what you are wearing. Wearing jeans would be absolutely fine!

Natalie.
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website
im a current business management degree student at the university of essex. need any help just ask :smile:
I've got an interview for international business at Essex coming up. I have done my research and have seen many people saying it's laid back and calm howeve are the business school interviews different? I'm thinking the 'group session' is a presentation? Can anyone enlighten me? Thanks
Original post by shawtyb
im a current business management degree student at the university of essex. need any help just ask :smile:

How did your interview go if you had one?
Original post by LewisRae
How did your interview go if you had one?

i didnt have one as i done mine online
Original post by shawtyb
i didnt have one as i done mine

Okay thanks, what's the Southend accommodation like? Do you go out in Southend or travel to Brentwood etc
Original post by LewisRae
Okay thanks, what's the Southend accommodation like? Do you go out in Southend or travel to Brentwood etc

i do it completely online so i never had to go to the campus
Original post by shawtyb
i do it completely online so i neverhad to go to the campus
oh I understand my bad
Course: Biomedical Science
AS: CCC (Chem, Maths, Applied Science)
A2 Predicted: BBB-BCC

I have my interview tomorrow and I'm excited but nervous at the same time :smile:
Original post by CactusJess

I have my interview tomorrow and I'm excited but nervous at the same time :smile:

Good luck! :smile:
Original post by CactusJess

Hi hope your interview went well :smile: I'm one of the student ambassadors that was giving tours today at the visit day and I'm a third year biomedical science student at Essex :smile:

I've heard really good feedback from all the lecturers today so I'm sure you did great!
^Shannon
Hi! Got an offer from essex for International relations with modern languages, could anyone tell me something about the course?
Reply 132
I sent my application for Law around a month ago and I haven't heard anything back yet, I don't think I even got an acknowledgement email but on UCAS it said not every university will send one.
Original post by Nousks
I sent my application for Law around a month ago and I haven't heard anything back yet, I don't think I even got an acknowledgement email but on UCAS it said not every university will send one.

Everyone else I know who has applied for Essex got an acknowledgement about two weeks after sending their application. But this time of year is really busy for universities so I'm sure they will get to you soon!
Got an interview on Wednesday for computer science, it's a visit day/interview, does anyone know if people usually take their parents to this? Obviously not into the actual interview but the day in general...
Original post by SemperLiber
Got an interview on Wednesday for computer science, it's a visit day/interview, does anyone know if people usually take their parents to this? Obviously not into the actual interview but the day in general...

Yeah people usually take their parents but from what I've heard of other people's experiences the computer science department separate you from your parents for the day so there might not be much point.
Original post by Jasmine21898
Yeah people usually take their parents but from what I've heard of other people's experiences the computer science department separate you from your parents for the day so there might not be much point.

Thanks, yeah upon reading the schedule I was given, guests are separated half way through the day, which seems slightly pointless but oh well.
Hi!

I've got an interview at Essex next week for BSc Computer Science.

Was wondering if anyone, who has attended a computer science interview @ Essex, can give some advice on what questions they ask and how to dress.

Thank you in advance! :-)
(edited 8 years ago)
Essex interviews are laid back, wear semi-smart clothes and the questions are mostly why Essex and why you want to do the course
Original post by inferiorbeing
Essex interviews are laid back, wear semi-smart clothes and the questions are mostly why Essex and why you want to do the course

Thanks, also are the interviews practical for Computer Sc. or just a chat?

Quick Reply