The Student Room Group

Why do guys on Facebook etc get so salty

Something I've noticed.

Loads of guys on FB and other social media will message a pretty girl out of the blue, trying to get to know her (he obviously wants sex) and when she ignores him, he complains at how rude women are as if he deserved an answer, like piss off you creep.

It's even worse if he keeps pestering her and she blocks him and he doesn't see what he did wrong

Scroll to see replies

Sounds almost like people here complaining their photos didn't get enough reps so it's obviously some conspiracy #illuminati
Reply 2
Original post by preetg97
Sounds almost like people here complaining their photos didn't get enough reps so it's obviously some conspiracy #illuminati

Coffee was spat at my screen :rofl:
Reply 3
I've had this before its annoying...
Personally, I would never ever do this :rofl: it's so creepy and off putting. I was talking about this to someone where I work and she gets hundreds of creepy messages everyday… I do wonder how these people think sending a message like: "u sexy girl lets meet" is going to instantly work? It's just gross imo.
Reply 5
Lots of women also do the same, not just men!
Mm. Chips.
@lustawny is the kind of guy that would do this. Care to chime in, mate?
Reply 8
Original post by antipol
when she ignores him, he complains at how rude women are as if he deserved an answer, like piss off you creep.

Ignoring is pretty rude imo. Just send a message back saying "Hi, sorry I don't chat with people I don't know".

Takes seconds to copy + paste that.
Reply 9
Original post by Reue
Ignoring is pretty rude imo. Just send a message back saying "Hi, sorry I don't chat with people I don't know".

Takes seconds to copy + paste that.

I appreciate what you're saying, but given the dangers to women I could understand why acting in a way which could be misconstrued as confrontational could be something they don't feel comfortable with.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by dairychocolate

:rofl:

GOLD absolute gold :toofunny:
Reply 12
Original post by antipol
given the dangers to women

If sending that reply is going to spark a danger.. I suspect ignoring them is going to lead to an equal or worse danger.
Original post by dairychocolate

Proof?
Reply 14
Original post by Reue
If sending that reply is going to spark a danger.. I suspect ignoring them is going to lead to an equal or worse danger.

Loads of guys get really nasty and aggressive if you give them a hard rejection, whereas ignoring has the plausible deniability that she might just have missed the message or forgotten.

Sounds like YOU didn't get enough likes on facebook!
Original post by Legendairy

I don't use Facebook but sure :erm:, I don't think you got the joke clearly.
I don't use Facebook but sure :erm:, I don't think you got the joke clearly.

On Instagram!
I used to comment a lot on many pages and I guess guys thought it would be wise to send me messages and pictures of their privates :colonhash: I think facebook has better protection now in that random people can't message you till you allow it :smile:
Reply 19
Original post by Legendairy

Can you please focus on the topic at hand rather than spewing the most incomprehensible crap on my thread :angry:

Quick Reply

Latest