The Student Room Group

Why do guys on Facebook etc get so salty

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by antipol
Loads of guys get really nasty and aggressive if you give them a hard rejection, whereas ignoring has the plausible deniability that she might just have missed the message or forgotten.

Why not just up your privacy settings so they can't message you at all?
In comments on viral videos / pics I always see desperate guys harassing girls who commented. Surely people can't think it will work?

Spoiler

Reply 22
Original post by Reue
Why not just up your privacy settings so they can't message you at all?

I'm a guy, although gay guys do like to have a go

but I don't care because I am big, so it must be worse for women being harassed by straight guys.

This aside, girls shouldn't have to block strangers because some guys are so socially unaware they do not know how to act.
they be looking for some pepper
Original post by preetg97
Sounds almost like people here complaining their photos didn't get enough reps so it's obviously some conspiracy #illuminati

:rofl:
Reply 25
Original post by antipol
This aside, girls shouldn't have to block strangers because some guys are so socially unaware they do not know how to act.

If you don't like receiving messages from strangers then the solution is to block strangers from messaging you.

It's not a case of 'girls shouldn't have to', it's about solving the issue in the quickest and easiest way.
Original post by Reue
If you don't like receiving messages from strangers then the solution is to block strangers from messaging you.

It's not a case of 'girls shouldn't have to', it's about solving the issue in the quickest and easiest way.

The problem is they will still have info on the location of the victim and other details so can track them down!
Original post by antipol
Something I've noticed.

Loads of guys on FB and other social media will message a pretty girl out of the blue, trying to get to know her (he obviously wants sex) and when she ignores him, he complains at how rude women are as if he deserved an answer, like piss off you creep.

It's even worse if he keeps pestering her and she blocks him and he doesn't see what he did wrong

Are you female? I can't tell, I'm on the app.
Reply 28
Original post by Legendairy
The problem is they will still have info on the location of the victim and other details so can track them down!

Sorry.. what has that got to do with receiving unwanted messages?

If your location information is freely available than yes, anyone can track you down if they so wish. It's irrelevant to whether they then message you or not :s
I know a girl (seriously hehe) and she once told me she hated getting messages under her pictures. She replies politely to most of them though. So if i see a picture of someone i like i will give it a like and thats all.
Reply 30
Original post by ServantOfMorgoth
Are you female? I can't tell, I'm on the app.

I'm a man.
Original post by antipol
I'm a man.

Lol oh
I dont get people who message girls out the blue. I could never muster up the courage to message a girl i liked.
Original post by SYYAAM97
I dont get people who message girls out the blue. I could never muster up the courage to message a girl i liked.

But you can muster up courage to insult people online? :rolleyes:
Reply 34

It's completely different for me.

I don't really fall for girls easily, I just try to have fun and if girls are along with me it's nice. If I did like a girl and wanted her, we probably wouldn't be strangers to begin with.
Many women lack a sense of humour. :teehee:

That is why men go to the pub. :wink:
Original post by ServantOfMorgoth
But you can muster up courage to insult people online? :rolleyes:

I was mocking your incomprehensible and stupid attiude to being called Aladdin. Capiche?
I was mocking your incomprehensible and stupid attiude to being called Aladdin. Capiche?

Incomprehensible to YOU, that's the important factor here. Also, saying that I look like I've come out of a Colombian whorehouse is not even close to a tease, so your counter argument is a big lie.
They're either trolls or guys using brute force.
Because they are health conscious and don't consume enough sugar to balance .

Quick Reply

Latest