The Student Room Group

Can I get into USC or UCLA

I have done 2 level 3 vocational courses and 2 level 3 A levels. I got an A in maths, and A in sociology and distinctions in business and ICT
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown:

Why not try posting in a specific subject forum- you might have more luck there.

Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses. :redface:

:h:
I personally think it'll be quite hard as an international
Reply 3
Original post by Johny12345
I have done 2 level 3 vocational courses and 2 level 3 A levels. I got an A in maths, and A in sociology and distinctions in business and ICT

If you can run the 40 yards in 4.25 seconds and catch a ball - or bench 600 lbs and are about 6 '7" and 24 stone - then yes you'll get into USC or UCLA. And it'll be totally free.
I don't wanna be a pessimist here but unless you've got exceptional extra-curricular activities chances aren't high for UCLA, UCB or USC especially because you're an international applicant. It really depends on the faculty you're applying to, try applying to UCR, UCSB or UCSC if you're interested in University of California. By all means apply to your top choices, but keep other universities as backups.
Original post by Johny12345
Oh forgot to mention, also, your SAT or ACT score matters a LOT.
Reply 6
Original post by KyleBroflovski
I don't wanna be a pessimist here but unless you've got exceptional extra-curricular activities chances aren't high for UCLA, UCB or USC especially because you're an international applicant. It really depends on the faculty you're applying to, try applying to UCR, UCSB or UCSC if you're interested in University of California. By all means apply to your top choices, but keep other universities as backups.

USC is not part of the U. of California system. It is a private university. UCSB is a nice place - I've been there.
Original post by chi_cygni
USC is not part of the U. of California system. It is a private university. UCSB is a nice place - I've been there.

Yeah, I know, it's not a 'UC', it not a government institution, I mistakenly wrote that.

Quick Reply

Latest