The Student Room Group

Should Torrenting should be legal?

I personally torrent everything, from music, to movies, to engineering books (yes you can get really good books) to even microsoft word.
My question is to the people of TSR, do you Torrent? And do you think it should be made Legal?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
No of course not. Why should it be legal?
Just realised my mistake in the Thread Title!
-_-
Original post by Trapz99
No of course not. Why should it be legal?

Because things should be shared!
Torrenting is legal, you are just torrenting stuff you shouldn't be and no it shouldn't be legal.
P2P isn't just for illegal file sharing… many uses for it other than that. However, the main use is illegal file sharing. :sadnod: I would say no though, I don't think it should be illegal.
I torrent a lot of stuff, although I also buy a lot of stuff.

I buy a lot of games on steam, or g2a because it's cheaper, also have spotify, netflix and crunchyroll.

I mostly torrent things that I can't get in the UK, or games that I probably won't play much / might really suck. A lot of TV shows, America gets them before here, so I just download them to get them early.

But should it be legal? Definitely not.
Reply 7
can you still torrent in the UK?
Reply 8
Original post by BlackSweetness

The big movie companies produce films to make a profit. If they don't earn anything, no actors would get paid and no one would want to make films in the first place! You could try something like Spotify but films rely on earning a lot more income than music artists so it wouldn't work.

so would you go to McDonalds and help yourself to a Big Mac & fries ... after all they should be shared ?
It shouldn't be legal, no.
Original post by iEthan
P2P isn't just for illegal file sharing… many uses for it other than that. However, the main use is illegal file sharing. :sadnod: I would say no though, I don't think it should be illegal.

Original post by SemperLiber
I torrent a lot of stuff, although I also buy a lot of stuff.

I buy a lot of games on steam, or g2a because it's cheaper, also have spotify, netflix and crunchyroll.

I mostly torrent things that I can't get in the UK, or games that I probably won't play much / might really suck. A lot of TV shows, America gets them before here, so I just download them to get them early.

But should it be legal? Definitely not.

I understand Peer to Peer!
What i mean is Torrenting as in illegal file sharing, i honestly think it should be legal! Countless people do it anyway and fining people for sharing files seems ridiculous
Original post by TeeEm
can you still torrent in the UK?

Yea you can! Quite easy, just need a web plugin, and you can access torrent sites
It is legal?
I understand Peer to Peer!
What i mean is Torrenting as in illegal file sharing, i honestly think it should be legal! Countless people do it anyway and fining people for sharing files seems ridiculous

In that case, using torrents/P2P for illegal purposes is already outlawed… not that this ruling stops anyone. :wink:
Original post by Rockstar North
It is legal?

Nope, but countless people do it!

It is. Depends what you download.
I personally torrent everything, from music, to movies, to engineering books (yes you can get really good books) to even microsoft word.
My question is to the people of TSR, do you Torrent? And do you think it should be made Legal?

Torrenting should remain illegal, that way we can laugh at all the cucks that still pay for software and media.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18

Countless people speed.. doesn't mean we should legalise it.
Original post by Photovoltaic.
Torrenting should remain illegal, that way we can laugh at all the cucks that still pay for software and media.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hahaha well said!

Quick Reply

Latest