The Student Room Group

Only sitting 3 highers in S5

I want to study biology at Edinburgh university when I leave school. The entry requirements are ABBB at the end of S5 or AABB from S4-S6. I'm only sitting 3 highers this year (S5) but I'm on track to get 3 A's. Is it best to sit 3 advanced highers and 1 higher or 2 advanced highers and 2 highers in S6? One of the crash highers is chemistry.
Just get rekit
What about doing three highers? So you will have more of a chance to get more A's if you don't do aswell as you expected in S5
Reply 3
Original post by Larissa14
What about doing three highers? So you will have more of a chance to get more A's if you don't do aswell as you expected in S5
I was going to sit two advanced highers and three highers but my school doesn't allow it! I really want to do adv biology and adv geography so I'm really unsure on what to take
Original post by IslaJones
I was going to sit two advanced highers and three highers but my school doesn't allow it! I really want to do adv biology and adv geography so I'm really unsure on what to take

Take adv biology since you are wanting to go and do that at uni. Unis don't tend care about adv higher,mtgey look at your highers more.
I want to study biology at Edinburgh university when I leave school. The entry requirements are ABBB at the end of S5 or AABB from S4-S6. I'm only sitting 3 highers this year (S5) but I'm on track to get 3 A's. Is it best to sit 3 advanced highers and 1 higher or 2 advanced highers and 2 highers in S6? One of the crash highers is chemistry.

I would choose maybe 1 adv higher that you are best at and think would be most useful, and choose 2/3 highers as well
Reply 6
Original post by Holaitsstephx
I would choose maybe 1 adv higher that you are best at and think would be most useful, and choose 2/3 highers as well
I definitely need to stick with the 2 advanced highers, I will speak to my school about the possibility of sitting 2 advanced highers and 3 highers. Thank you!
I definitely need to stick with the 2 advanced highers, I will speak to my school about the possibility of sitting 2 advanced highers and 3 highers. Thank you!

Why?:s-smilie:
Reply 8
Original post by Larissa14
Why?:s-smilie:
As I love both biology and geography and both teachers have encouraged me to sit them. Plus I'm confident I can achieve good grades in them. I know unis don't ask for them but I know I can do well in them, however I'm not sure I could do as well sitting 3 crash highers

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending