The Student Room Group
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde

University of Strathclyde applicants 2016!

Scroll to see replies

Received a conditional offer to study law on Monday! :smile: sooo happy
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde
Original post by Hannah2998
I got a letter in today from Strathclyde offering me a conditional offer and inviting me to an informal lunch for maths applicants, so you should hopefully hear back soon☺

Well done 😃 I haven't heard anything back yet. When did you apply & get your letter?
Original post by rmc1
At least you received the letter! Haha. I've not had anything from them😕.

have u had an offer for maths from them?? :-)
Reply 243
Original post by euandonaghy
have u had an offer for maths from them?? :-)

Nope, nothing at all. I just really hope they don't reject me! Is it only maths you've applied for at Strathclyde?
Original post by rmc1
Nope, nothing at all. I just really hope they don't reject me! Is it only maths you've applied for at Strathclyde?

Maths, stats and finance at strathclyde, Pharmacy at strathclyde and RGU, Maths at glasgow and pharmacology and glasgow!! just waiting to hear from Pharmacy at strathclyde :-) you??
Reply 245
Maths, stats and finance at strathclyde, Pharmacy at strathclyde and RGU, Maths at glasgow and pharmacology and glasgow!! just waiting to hear from Pharmacy at strathclyde :-) you??

How did you manage to write a personal statement for that one? Haha! Maths and teaching and maths at Strathclyde, Maths at Glasgow and Business at UWS and Glasgow Cali. Strathclyde is the only one I'm waiting to hear back from and it's killing me! Probably going to get rejected!🙈
Original post by rmc1
How did you manage to write a personal statement for that one? Haha! Maths and teaching and maths at Strathclyde, Maths at Glasgow and Business at UWS and Glasgow Cali. Strathclyde is the only one I'm waiting to hear back from and it's killing me! Probably going to get rejected!🙈

kind of wrote it more towards pharmacy cos thats my first choice but have a few maths things in it too!! nah you wont, youll be fine! i heard back start of january! What grades did u get last year?
Reply 247
kind of wrote it more towards pharmacy cos thats my first choice but have a few maths things in it too!! nah you wont, youll be fine! i heard back start of january! What grades did u get last year?

Aw i see☺️.. I done really quite **** last year haha! Got 2As, 3Bs and a C. Only got a B in Maths and a C in English.
Original post by rmc1
Aw i see☺️.. I done really quite **** last year haha! Got 2As, 3Bs and a C. Only got a B in Maths and a C in English.

thats good! at the open day the guy said to me they look for at least a B in maths usually so you should be fine!! :-)
Reply 249
thats good! at the open day the guy said to me they look for at least a B in maths usually so you should be fine!! :-)

What did you get?☺️.. Well I suppose there is always hope! Haha! Let me know when you hear back from them for pharmacy!:smile:

Are you doing advanced higher maths this year?
Original post by rmc1

Hey, I've applied for maths with teaching at Strathclyde and not heard anything back yet. I got ABBBC for highers last year with a B for maths. Have you just applied for maths or maths with something?
Reply 251
Original post by JoelyCam28
Hey, I've applied for maths with teaching at Strathclyde and not heard anything back yet. I got ABBBC for highers last year with a B for maths. Have you just applied for maths or maths with something?

I've applied for maths and maths with teaching too!😊. That makes me feel better! I thought I was like the only person without an A that had applied! Tbf, I think if we got a B we should still definitely get accepted after that maths paper! Are you doing advanced higher this year?:smile:
Original post by rmc1
I've applied for maths and maths with teaching too!😊. That makes me feel better! I thought I was like the only person without an A that had applied! Tbf, I think if we got a B we should still definitely get accepted after that maths paper! Are you doing advanced higher this year?:smile:

Yeah hopefully! That paper was a nightmare!!! Yes I'm doing advanced higher this year. Are you? Also where are you from? Scotland?
Reply 253
Yeah hopefully! That paper was a nightmare!!! Yes I'm doing advanced higher this year. Are you? Also where are you from? Scotland?

Yeah I am, I love advanced higher! It's a lot better than higher! Yeah I'm Scottish, assume you are too?☺️
Reply 254
Does anybody know when Strathclyde's applicant days are, or have I missed them? I can't find an email or anything about it and I'm struggling with the website cause I'm a moron when it comes to technology.
Original post by rmc1
Yeah I am, I love advanced higher! It's a lot better than higher! Yeah I'm Scottish, assume you are too?☺️

Yeah the course is a lot more interesting! I am Scottish too 😃
Reply 256
Yeah the course is a lot more interesting! I am Scottish too 😃

Find it slightly easier than the higher course too! Hope to see you in September then!😊.. Let me know when you hear back!
Original post by rmc1
Find it slightly easier than the higher course too! Hope to see you in September then!😊.. Let me know when you hear back!

Yeah hope so! Will let you know! You let me know if you hear anything too 😃
Original post by hannahralston
Received a conditional offer to study law on Monday! :smile: sooo happy

Congratulations!!! I applied for Law & Politics at Strathclyde, I really hope to get accepted as it's one of my top choices! What grades did you get last year if you don't mind me asking?
Original post by larademets
Congratulations!!! I applied for Law & Politics at Strathclyde, I really hope to get accepted as it's one of my top choices! What grades did you get last year if you don't mind me asking?

Thank you :smile: good luck, I hope you get in! I'm in my 5th year of high school so I did national 5s last year not highers, I got AAABBB so my conditions for my highers are AAAAB

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending