The Student Room Group

SUVAT

A paricle P is projected vertically upwards from a point A with speed 21ms^-1. the point A is 17.5m above horizontal ground. the particale P moves freely under gravity until it reaches the ground with a speed of 28ms^-1. After time t seconds after projection, P is 19m above A Find the possible values of t.
Reply 1
Original post by thefatone
A paricle P is projected vertically upwards from a point A with speed 21ms^-1. the point A is 17.5m above horizontal ground. the particale P moves freely under gravity until it reaches the ground with a speed of 28ms^-1. After time t seconds after projection, P is 19m above A Find the possible values of t.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=38
Reply 2

did i not post this in the maths section?
Reply 3
did i not post this in the maths section?

you will get better response in Maths I think
Reply 4
Original post by TeeEm
you will get better response in Maths I think

oh okay

How far have you got?

Draw a sketch of the motion and choose a direction to be +ve [either up or down].

Then write down the vlues you know:

u =
v =
a =

etc.

Post your working so far please.
Reply 6
Original post by Muttley79
How far have you got?

Draw a sketch of the motion and choose a direction to be +ve [either up or down].

Then write down the vlues you know:

u =
v =
a =

etc.

Post your working so far please.

oops i forgot to use a -.- well then looks like i screwed up
Reply 7
Vertical displacement, s, will be 19
U is 21ms^-1
a=-g (since we're taking upwards as positive)
t=T
Form quadratic in T and solve.

Quick Reply

Latest