The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Cambridge 2016 Postgraduate Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by curie
Congratulations! :h:

If I got an offer from both... well I'm leaning towards theoretical physics but it's not an easy choice! I will have to go through it very carefully again in that case. Did you also apply for physics, or just maths?

Fair enough! Tbh I never really looked at the physics Mast because I study maths, so would probably be too much physics for my taste haha. Good luck with your interview!
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Reply 1661
Original post by Tedward
Fair enough! Tbh I never really looked at the physics Mast because I study maths, so would probably be too much physics for my taste haha. Good luck with your interview!

Thanks! :smile:
Original post by tsukurutazaki
Will Cambridge postgrads be ineligible for the new postgraduate loans because they offer MPhils and not MScs or MAs? The criteria states that students have to be studying a taught degree.

Anyone?
Hey guys,

I've been at the BoGS stage since Wednesday and I was wondering how much longer should I wait before e-mailing the graduate admissions office? Anxiety is kicking in, once again. As far as I know - I don't have anything to worry about; I'm an international applicant and do have the minimum required grade for the course I'm applying for, but the wait is really killing me :frown:

Also, I just got rejected for the Chevening scholarship without any explanation - before I was even able to update my application with the official offer which I find really odd. Any of you had similar experience?
Reply 1664
Anyone?

An MPhil at Cambridge is a taught degree.
Original post by sj27
An MPhil at Cambridge is a taught degree.

My offer certificate states that it's a research degree, that's why I was confused. Thanks!
Reply 1666
Original post by ohwello
Hey guys,

I've been at the BoGS stage since Wednesday and I was wondering how much longer should I wait before e-mailing the graduate admissions office? Anxiety is kicking in, once again. As far as I know - I don't have anything to worry about; I'm an international applicant and do have the minimum required grade for the course I'm applying for, but the wait is really killing me :frown:

Also, I just got rejected for the Chevening scholarship without any explanation - before I was even able to update my application with the official offer which I find really odd. Any of you had similar experience?

Any explanation for scholarship rejections would be generic anyway (large number of excellent applicants, yada yada). Unfortunately scholarship rejections against a pool of applicants such as is typical for Cambridge are common, even for those who have a track record of scholarships and prizes in undergrad. Good luck with your other funding applications, hopefully something will come through.
Reply 1667
My offer certificate states that it's a research degree, that's why I was confused. Thanks!

Really? Best you check with BoGS then.
Of course you'd never get funding for an MA at Cam :wink:
Reply 1668
Hey! I've been accepted for an MPhil in Industrial Systems, Manufacture and Management and I've been accepted to Pembroke College. Has anyone else been accepted to the ISMM programme or to Pembroke College? :smile:
Original post by lr750
Hey! I've been accepted for an MPhil in Industrial Systems, Manufacture and Management and I've been accepted to Pembroke College. Has anyone else been accepted to the ISMM programme or to Pembroke College? :smile:

Well, I don't fall under any of the said categories, but I think congratulations are in order! :party:
Original post by Indeterminate
Well, I don't fall under any of the said categories, but I think congratulations are in order! :party:

I can't tell who that is in your TSR profile picture and it's really getting to me. It kinda looks like Robert Downey Junior.. Is it? PUT ME OUT OF MY MISERY! :redface:
Original post by omgwhat
I can't tell who that is in your TSR profile picture and it's really getting to me. It kinda looks like Robert Downey Junior.. Is it? PUT ME OUT OF MY MISERY! :redface:

Actually it isn't, even though he's one of my favourite Hollywood personalities :biggrin:

Clue: this man is known to be the world's 2nd richest actor.
Reply 1672

Thanks! :smile:
Actually it isn't, even though he's one of my favourite Hollywood personalities :biggrin:

Shah Rukh Khan.

Frankly speaking, it ALWAYS cracks me up whenever i see your profile pic, i guess SRK just doesnt fit into a forum like this and his pose doesnt help any better
Original post by pallavipanda
Frankly speaking, it ALWAYS cracks me up whenever i see your profile pic, i guess SRK just doesnt fit into a forum like this and his pose doesnt help any better

Haha true :biggrin: Some people have even asked if it's me! :rofl:

I'll change it soon..
Original post by littlelee
Hey would you mind letting me know the person who you emailed? I applied for Linguistics too and will need to ask them a few questions! Thanks.

I emailed Louise Radok. How is your application doing? I still haven't heard anything, although she did say "hope to make our decisions by the end of this week, but should we be delayed...", so I guess it's not the end of the world.
Original post by _Sunday_
I emailed Louise Radok. How is your application doing? I still haven't heard anything, although she did say "hope to make our decisions by the end of this week, but should we be delayed...", so I guess it's not the end of the world.

Oh thank you! I emailed Louise on Thursday but haven't heard back from her. I applied for PhD and already got my conditional offer and accepted at my first-choice college. Fingers crossed for both of us. How long have you been waiting?
(edited 8 years ago)
Oh thank you! I emailed Louise on Thursday but haven't heard back from her. I applied for PhD and already got my conditional offer and accepted at my first-choice college, now it all comes down to whether I can get funding. Fingers crossed for both of us. How long have you been waiting?

My final reference was uploaded January 28, so I was among the late applicants. I'm going for the 1 year MPhil. Hopefully the next week will bring news. I emailed her on Thursday as well, but got a reply on Friday. Perhaps your question was just more complicated, mine was a general whine about wanting to know whether or not Im getting in. She's probably answering five of those a day :biggrin:

What college are you going to?
Oh thank you! I emailed Louise on Thursday but haven't heard back from her. I applied for PhD and already got my conditional offer and accepted at my first-choice college, now it all comes down to whether I can get funding. Fingers crossed for both of us. How long have you been waiting?

How long after receiving your official offer did you hear from your first-choice college?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending